U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:36 AM

12,157 posts, read 10,793,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Wow, the Dark Knight wasn't even that good...
Obviously other people liked it - so what were your best movies of 2008?

I think mine would be:
Dark Knight - it was a great length (it seems like movies are getting shorter & shorter) and I couldn't predict the story line. It was good right from the beginning; loved the robbery scene where they kept killing each other.

Iron Man - just loved it.

Sex and The City - I'm a big fan of the show so I loved seeing the girls on the big screen. I didn't love every second of it but it was good.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - I didn't see this one in the theaters but I still liked it.

Next year I'm looking forward to The Soloist - I really like Jamie Foxx as an actor, Bridewars, Harry Potter, Obsessed - can't wait to see Beyonce in a drama. From the previews I've seen it looks like the sequel pattern is still in effect: I see there's going to be another installment of Fast/Furious and Friday the 13th - really how many of those do they need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 03:34 PM

2,784 posts, read 4,488,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Obviously other people liked it - so what were your best movies of 2008?
I haven't seen the ones I want to see, but even before seeing it, I know it's Doubt. Dark Knight was the most incredibly overhyped movie in quite some time. It was pretty good, but nothing particularly special.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:54 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,184,564 times
My favorite was Dark Knight.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:17 PM

2,784 posts, read 4,488,641 times
lol

Old 01-02-2009, 06:18 AM

14 posts, read 13,461 times
Prom Night with Brittany Snow
The Dark Knight

Old 01-02-2009, 11:26 AM

5,740 posts, read 6,320,367 times
I havent seen the movies that came out in the last month and they have been a ton of good ones.

But, from what I have seen the best are:

Dark Knight
Wall-E
Prince Caspian
Forgretting Sarah Marshall

My dark horse candidate and this is coming from someone that hates chick flicks - Definately, Maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies