Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have both discovered that we enjoyed this film earlier, when we had not yet met. We would like to see it again, but neither of us remembers the title.

Maybe someone out in forum-land remembers it, as well, and can give us the title or director.

We both remember the ending scene. The protagonist got on a train, trying to escape. It is filmed in black and white. You see the side of the train and a lot of smoke/steam/fog and you expect that maybe the 'thing' will come out of the smoke. We were never really certain if the 'thing' was real or the person's imagination. My husband says the train takes off, you are relieved and then see the devil on the cow-catcher or some similar thing.

Both of us do not remember the film plot much, but that last scene imprinted our brains.

Please, does someone else remember this?
It was in black and white and we think it was foriegn, probably French.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 12:15 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
It sounds a bit like Night of the Demon.
The ending you describe sounds very similar to the ending of this film.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
I remember seeing this on TV when I was a child. It haunted me for a while. Wasnt there some special piece of paper and whoever had it in their possesion when it was a certain time, this monster/devil got them.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:25 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I remember seeing this on TV when I was a child. It haunted me for a while. Wasnt there some special piece of paper and whoever had it in their possesion when it was a certain time, this monster/devil got them.
I first saw it as a kid, too.
That piece of paper spelled doom for whoever received it.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:47 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
It sounds a bit like Night of the Demon.
The ending you describe sounds very similar to the ending of this film.
Thank you. Yes, that's it. The director, I see, also did the Cat People, which had another spooky scene of a woman walking in the night next to a high wall and you heard the tree branches behind the wall moving along with her.

He also directed I Walked with a Zombie, which I do not remember seeing, but my library has it, hallelujah!

Thank you very much.

Oh, the director is Jacques Tourneur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies