Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times

Advertisements

I'm not a big movie goer (something about people talking and chewing popcorn with their mouths open) so when I go... it's a "big deal". LOL

I've walked out only on one movie, "The Royal Tenenbaums". I can't even tell you what it was about. I left 15-20 minutes into it. B-O-R-I-N-G!

I should have walked out on Saw 5 as it was such a complete and utter disappointment. I can't even bring myself to buying it to complete the series collection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:04 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,443 times
I've never walked out of a movie theatre. That being said, I'm pretty selective when choosing what movie I'm going to see to begin with.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:32 PM

726 posts, read 2,269,281 times
I never walked out of a movie theater. But watching DVD's at home, I've turned them off.

Most recently the remake of "The Hitcher". That movie was so bad, made no sense and screwed up everything the original movie was about.
I could'nt even finish watch it, and I shut the dvd off.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:35 PM

905 posts, read 2,401,048 times
I fell asleep during the last matrix movie, along with some other movie I got drug into seeing, I forget which one it was though.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,876 times
Chicago...was unaware it was this type of film......went with friends because they wanted to see it.

Never walked out of a movie again.

Oh I did walk out of Dark Knight

JK

Old 02-10-2009, 05:45 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
"Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" Sheesh....that's a great movie! But you have to be a little quirky to enjoy it. And I liked "Chicago" much more than I thought I would.

BUT...
I HATED "Ryan's Daughter," made about 1972 by David Lean, the same guy that made "Dr. Zhivago," which I wasn't too thrilled about either. Boring, pretentious, s-l-o-w. Paid full price and walked out of the theatre after an hour.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:37 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
I never walked out of a movie theater. But watching DVD's at home, I've turned them off.

Most recently the remake of "The Hitcher". That movie was so bad, made no sense and screwed up everything the original movie was about.
I could'nt even finish watch it, and I shut the dvd off.
I haven't seen the remake but figured it wouldn't be any good.

Also, I fell asleep (from drinking too many beers) during The Cutting Edge. I remember watching the beginning and the next thing I knew the credits were rolling.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:18 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
I didn't walk out, but Date Movie was the worst movie I ever paid to see. I wish to God that I could get those 2 hours back.

My husband and I don't go to a lot of movies, because it's expensive and there aren't a lot we can't wait to see.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:30 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
I've never walked out of a movie theatre. That being said, I'm pretty selective when choosing what movie I'm going to see to begin with.
Ditto.
I almost walked out of Wim Wenders' Wings of Desire, though.
It was awfully slow-moving for me. I am pretty sure I snoozed a bit.
Having said that, I might some day rent it and give it another try.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:13 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
I enjoy movies so I don't consider them a waste of money, per se. And if you leave early enough, you get your money back or can exchange to see a different movie. which is what I did in 95% of the time!

thanks for the movie title I couldn't remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Jeez, you waste a lot of money. I'll be damned if I pay to see the thing and don't either sit through it or go to another movie in the theater. Some of the films you listed were bad but none bad enough to walk out on, IMHO.

The one you can't remember is The Bachelor (1999). Can't beleive Hal Holbrook stooped to being in this crappy movie.

I did walk out on the new version of The Stepford Wives but only because my wife was sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies