Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:32 PM

90 posts, read 210,388 times

Advertisements

Talking is of course the thing that annoys me the most. Smelly food they bring in shopping bags also is quite annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,235,512 times
Haven't been to a theater in Ages, I stick to T.V. and dvd's soooo usually the Dog wants out at the important times lol!

Concerts are another thing, I am short and there is always someone taller than me in the way.
Always amazes me how many people don't even watch the show, they are roaming about the whole time getting in your way?
Sometimes the best seats are at home.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:40 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
What annoys me:

Talking
Whispering louder than most people talk
Bringing in outside food which is against the rules
Said outside food smells or is in loud potato chip bag
Person sitting behind me kicking my seat
Fat guy/gal with bladder issues having to go to bathroom 5-6 times
Anyone close to me coughing loudly
Women who cant keep their big a$$ mouths shut during the film - always a "Mm hmmph", "Girl, dont do that", "OMG", or some other lame a$$ comment that she should keep to herself.
People who bring kids to see an R rated movie.
Giant melon headed people who avoid all empty seats in the theater and sits right in front of me.
People who arrive late then complain "I cant see" when they enter the theater looking for a seat.

Also:

Idiots who bring alcohol in the theater - worst kind of low life, stupid, red necky type trailer trash thing to do.
Popcorn munchers who never learned how to chew with their mouths closed
Anyone who asks me to move one or two seats over so that they can sit next to their friends.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:02 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
DaBeez do you go to the theatre much?

I've got a bit cleverer about going to the cinema because most of those things you listed annoy me.

I avoid "peak" times when every man and his dog is there.

If I can see something at my favorite art deco cinema a couple of months after everyone else I don't mind waiting for it to come on there because I can't be bothered with the kids and all the other folks squished in with me.

Plus now they have this "allocated seating" deal, I mostly can't be bothered going to the movies at all.

If I really want to see a film and it's one that really needs to be seen on the big screen, then I go to smaller independent cinemas to see it, or get a ticket to Gold Class so I can relax in a smaller theatre with better seats OR I go to the drive in. Sometimes I even go to Moonlight Cinema at the Botanical Gardens. Country theatres are good too. Or if you are wanting to see something at a big cinema complex I wait for early morning mid week and not on pension day.

I should probably just stay home!

Old 02-13-2009, 06:32 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Use to go almost every Friday, after work, matinee pricing. These days we go a lot less, even though retired and have lots of time. These days, we go on Mondays-Thursday, early shows, to avoid crowds and idiots. We have a small independent place here in COLO SPGS with two screens, wine bar and a nice clientele.

What bothered me so much in the past was:

- some fool sitting behind me and coughing, sneezing, clearing their throat or sucking their sinus (ditto when riding the DC subway)

- clowns who come in just before the movie starts, during the previews, sit in front of us and block our view; always a tall guy too.

- hearing the sound of candy boxes hitting the floor. Who does that at home? Half of this country are just damned pigs.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
#1 is the rattling of packages. In all these years you'd think they could afford to create a quieter rapper for the theatre with as much as they charge for everything.

#2 is whispering.

#3 is kicking the back of my seat so I started sitting way up in the very back.

#4 is some idiot who's seen the movie and came back with friends thinks he's impressing people by allegedly guessing what happens next and in great detail. But, of course, he hasn't seen it before now.

#5 loud chewing and smacking

#6 bringing babies in

#7 teen-age girls spotting a cute guy and going into a full-blown, spontaneous prepubescent mating ritual right there in front of everyone with nonstop giggling.

Ugh, I forgot how much fun the theatre was. I'm staying home and waiting for the dvd.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Frankly ;i only went to teh threatre twice in the last five years. One time it was terrible with cellphines;talking ;kids crying and talking.I went to see the Passion of the christ and you could have heard a pin drop and people were even quite when they left the theatre.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:09 AM

515 posts, read 1,330,221 times
Talking bothers me the most. Chatting and making comments as well.

Cellphones and people texting.

People bringing children to movies that are definitely not for children!

Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 AM

105 posts, read 253,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
What annoys me:

Talking
Whispering louder than most people talk
Bringing in outside food which is against the rules
Said outside food smells or is in loud potato chip bag
Person sitting behind me kicking my seat
Fat guy/gal with bladder issues having to go to bathroom 5-6 times
Anyone close to me coughing loudly
Women who cant keep their big a$$ mouths shut during the film - always a "Mm hmmph", "Girl, dont do that", "OMG", or some other lame a$$ comment that she should keep to herself.
People who bring kids to see an R rated movie.
Giant melon headed people who avoid all empty seats in the theater and sits right in front of me.
People who arrive late then complain "I cant see" when they enter the theater looking for a seat.

Also:

Idiots who bring alcohol in the theater - worst kind of low life, stupid, red necky type trailer trash thing to do.
Popcorn munchers who never learned how to chew with their mouths closed
Anyone who asks me to move one or two seats over so that they can sit next to their friends.

Yep. That just about covers why I never go to the movies anymore.
Oh, you forgot the worst: Loud, stinking farts!

Last edited by Blacknblue; 02-14-2009 at 12:52 AM..

Old 02-14-2009, 09:52 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Rarely go to the theatre either...The DVR and PPV have been great inventions for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies