U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 02:37 PM

4,130 posts, read 5,221,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm a little surprised that no one mentiond Kevin Costner. I can't stand his narration in "Dances with Wolves"!
sandy, but didn't you like Costner's authentic english accent in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?
OK, just kidding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 04:19 AM

2,579 posts, read 1,518,561 times
Nobody has mentioned Nicolas Cage.
Sorry if I hurt somebody's feelings but I think his acting leaves a lot to be desired. His expression seems to be always the same and his voice is rather flat.
To be honest I have not seen his latest works so he could so he could have improved with time...

Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,990,785 times
He hasn't.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,716,124 times
I always thought Kevin Costner was okay until I saw 'Thirteen Days' and I heard his attempt at a Massachusetts accent. It was ridiculous. He got on his son about the bad grades on his "repoht caaahhhd"!!!

Gotta give a nod to Nicolas Cage as well. I never understood why he was (is?) so highly regarded.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:42 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,243,609 times
I won;t say Angelina Jolie is the "worst", but she is highly overrated.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:45 PM

23 posts, read 126,885 times
I'm surprised that so many people think that Jennifer Aniston has no class. I actually think she has it in spades, Brad (and yes, Angelina) are the classless ones IMHO.

And yes, Keanu Reeves might not be Oscar winning talent, but WOW what a great looking guy. Plus he has made many movies that I love (Hardball, Devil's Advocate, The Lake House, Walk in the Clouds).

I'm also surprised that so many people think that Kevin Costner is a bad actor. I think he is very talented. Some of my favorite movies (Dances with Wolves, For Love of the Game, Dragonfly, Open Range ) star him. Also I think he is a very good director and has great potential there. Same goes for Ben Affleck---he can act when he is in the right role. And his work as a director last year in "Gone Baby Gone" was amazing.

I have been told that I have strange taste in favorite actors, because my favorite actor is Sylvester Stallone. HOWEVER, I realize that he is not the best actor, just my favorite. My other favorite actors are: Charlton Heston, Denzel Washington, Jimmy Stewart, Tom Hanks and-----yes, when he acting and not in real life---Tom Cruise.

My listing of "worst" are:

Madonna
Steven Seagal
Paris Hilton
Hayden Christensen
Tara Reid
Jessica Simpson
Jack Black
Ashton Kutcher

Old 04-18-2008, 09:37 PM

237 posts, read 223,060 times
Even though i love raising arizona, and thought early on nicolas cage showed some promsie, his googly eyed "weirdo schtick" is a bit old and crusty ,and mind you this is coming from a person who holds AUTHENTIC weirdness in high regard! I hope everyone appreciates my run on sentence LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies