Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 07:56 AM

326 posts, read 1,301,706 times

Advertisements

Is anybody a member? I know about the free rentals and all... but my question was regarding how long you have to return the movies. When I signed up for the membership at a certian blockbuster for this program I was told that I would have a longer time then a regular member to return the movies and that I wouldn't be charged no late fees.

Last night I went to go return two movies I rented from a different blockbuster and was told I had a late fee. I explained that I was part of the Blue Reward program and was told we had no late fees. The guy that worked there proceeded to say that they have late fees in that store. He said it depends if the store is a francise or not.

Now I understand blockbuster is a francise but how unfair is that how are they going to have such different rules from one store to the next?

What really gets me mad also is that I was reading the back of the coupon I went to go use that night and I remember reading it said that there was no late fee but I restocking fee of $1 and some change. I thought about this after leaving the store... if not I would have brought it to the attension of the guy working there...

Any thought or experiences with this. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,873 times
I am not sure of the 'blue rewards'... but when you get the movies in the mail you can keep them for as long as you want, but once you trade them in for a movie at the blockbuster store you only get to keep them for a couple days (like if you actually just rented it from the store, there is a time limit). I don't know if the blue rewards is different, but that is what the regular blockbuster online is like.

We have had trouble with blockbuster online. They have sent us broken and scratched discs before. The last straw was that we rented a movie and it was sent to us scratched and didn't work past a certain point. We went online and filled out the form saying that it didn't work, so please send us the same movie because we still want to watch it. We received the movie for the second time in the mail and they sent us the exact same disc that we specifically told them did not work!! It made me so mad.

I went to the blockbuster store and they couldn't help me or exchange it because the store is no longer the same company as blockbuster online or some bs like that.. I went home, cancelled my subscription, and signed up for netflix.

Sorry for the long post, but we just had bad luck with blockbuster online and I finally got fed up with them and just wanted to share my experience with you. Hopefully you get things figured out.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:29 AM

326 posts, read 1,301,706 times
Thanks a lot for your post... I did the online thing with blockbusters a while back and thankfully didn't have any problems. But I have been doing a little research and it does seam like a lot of people are unhappy with blockbuster and moving on to netflix. That's probably what I'll end up doing too.

They just had me so bad... I haven't heard "late fee" from blockbuster for a while... not since they got sued for overcharging on late fees and where forced to pay so much money back to customers. Ever since then I know they start that "restocking fee" instead...

Now this one store out of no where is going to charge me a late fee and say that is has to do with the store

Old 03-27-2009, 09:39 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,785 times
Default blockbuster online

I just cancelled my Blockbuster online. Have had it twice. I had the three disc plan for $21.99.I had recieved several that were cracked, more than a few that were scratched. They don't give you an extra one for it either. It still counts as one. You can get another of the same, but that is it. When that happened I just would get a different one.It was already a wasted choice once.
What really got me mad this time was a movie I had selected had two discs. I thought well it must be a long one. Well when I got it. The second disc was the bonus disc with a few extras. It counted as two discs. I could care less about that disc. I would have preferred to have the option to not have that second disc
It had been getting seadily worse. All the movies I had in my cheque wer either long wait, short wait, or unavailable. When you did a search for new releases. The new stuff did'nt even come up unless you typed it in. They were also getting slower and slower to, ship.
What it really came out to was I would get 5 movies in store and that is how I would get the new releases. The ones thru the mail werejunk. A new release wuld have to be out for about a month to get it in the mail.
I will try Netflix next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies