Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 AM

106 posts, read 309,833 times

Advertisements

I love Horror flicks. I want to make sure I dont miss any of the good ones. Name Horror movies that you have seen that are great I will start it off with:Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 11:08 AM

22,842 posts, read 28,072,415 times
I love horror movies, though I honestly prefer movies that are more about true fear and dread rather than gore. I'm not really into slasher flicks. Some of my favorites:

The Haunting (the original black-and-white, not the horrid remake)

Psycho

Halloween

The Shining

ALIEN

The Exorcist (one of the few movies that can still scare me as an adult)

The Silence of the Lambs

The Howling

An American Werewolf in London (despite the rushed unfulfilling ending, it's still fun)

Carrie

The Thing (one of the few movies where both the original and the remake are pretty darn good)

Night of the Living Dead (the original)

Creepshow (campy as all get-out, but still great fun)

The Birds

Fright Night (a campy, fun movie that still manages to be a decent vampire flick)

Ginger Snaps (great movie up until the last 15 minutes, where the movie falls apart)

JAWS (Is this horror? I've always seen it as more of an adventure movie, but it always makes horror lists.)

Old 03-29-2007, 11:10 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,896,426 times
The OTHER horror movie thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:54 PM

660 posts, read 2,435,709 times
i loved house of 1000 corpses and devils rejects
as if anyone whos seen it couldnt tell from the name lol

Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 AM

33 posts, read 213,627 times
I've always liked The Grudge and the Excorcist (the original one). I also like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Chucky.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:20 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,512,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I love horror movies, though I honestly prefer movies that are more about true fear and dread rather than gore. I'm not really into slasher flicks. Some of my favorites:

The Haunting (the original black-and-white, not the horrid remake)

Psycho

Halloween

The Shining

ALIEN

The Exorcist (one of the few movies that can still scare me as an adult)

The Silence of the Lambs

The Howling

An American Werewolf in London (despite the rushed unfulfilling ending, it's still fun)

Carrie

The Thing (one of the few movies where both the original and the remake are pretty darn good)

Night of the Living Dead (the original)

Creepshow (campy as all get-out, but still great fun)

The Birds

Fright Night (a campy, fun movie that still manages to be a decent vampire flick)

Ginger Snaps (great movie up until the last 15 minutes, where the movie falls apart)

JAWS (Is this horror? I've always seen it as more of an adventure movie, but it always makes horror lists.)
Count me in all these movies Mark...

One horror flick i liked was ''Its Alive'' about the women who had a baby and it killed the entire delivery room doctors and nurses and killed anybody in the movie but the mother or its normal siblings.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:33 PM

16 posts, read 115,539 times
1,ooo corpses
Devils Rejects
Final destination ( all )
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - all of em !!
Saw
Friday the 13th
Excorcist
Anything that will make you think wow could that really happen? I love the feeling of camping and knowing something/someone could be out there!!! I love the fear concept - it's a turn on!!

Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 PM

140 posts, read 530,829 times
I liked "Magic" with Anthony Hopkins. That dummy was realllllyyyy scary.
"Company of Wolves"
"Silver Bullet"
"American Werewolf in London"
"Gothic"
Can you tell I love werewolf movies? LOL!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:20 PM

653 posts, read 3,399,739 times
The original "Alien" best horror flick. Second choice "The Birds". (Remember the quick glance at the guy in the bedroom with his eyes plucked out).

Old 04-11-2007, 01:16 AM

140 posts, read 530,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
The original "Alien" best horror flick. Second choice "The Birds". (Remember the quick glance at the guy in the bedroom with his eyes plucked out).

I put together a montage of horror movies for Halloween last year, and I actually used that shot with the guy's eyes plucked out. Scariest part of that movie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies