Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:17 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,348,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashM View Post
I wonder was it a part in 'Dog Day Afternoon'?
One thing I remembered from his biography Flash, since you are interested in Pacino was that it takes such a commitment for him, he devotes so much of himself into a role, he works so hard, it takes so much out of him, that he is only willing to do that when he can't resist it.

I think, like DeNiro, he does work hard, But when we see the finished product it doesn't always look that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 05:15 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,816,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
One thing I remembered from his biography Flash, since you are interested in Pacino was that it takes such a commitment for him, he devotes so much of himself into a role, he works so hard, it takes so much out of him, that he is only willing to do that when he can't resist it.

I think, like DeNiro, he does work hard, But when we see the finished product it doesn't always look that way.
ExPit, I wonder have you ever seen De Niro in 'Once Upon A Time In America'?
By the way, I've just watched the movie 'Men Of Honor'. Though De Niro was old, he still was very good playing his character.

I guess you could have gotten me wrong in one of my previous posts and thought that I don't like DeNiro. In that case I'd like to say that I do like De Niro and he is by far a great actor. (Besides, I like that he is into band 'Queen' as I am. Lol) But when it comes to comparison 'De Niro v. Pacino' I choose Pacino. To each his own

Old 04-21-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
ExPit, I wonder have you ever seen De Niro in 'Once Upon A Time In America'?
By the way, I've just watched the movie 'Men Of Honor'. Though De Niro was old, he still was very good playing his character.

I guess you could have gotten me wrong in one of my previous posts and thought that I don't like DeNiro. In that case I'd like to say that I do like De Niro and he is by far a great actor. (Besides, I like that he is into band 'Queen' as I am. Lol) But when it comes to comparison 'De Niro v. Pacino' I choose Pacino. To each his own
Yeah, I saw Once Upon a Time in America. The first one I saw was the edited version, which was cut so much it lost some of the story line. When I saw the unedited, director's cut it made more sense.

No, Flash, don't worry buddy. I didn't think you were saying you didn't like DeNiro. And who could argue that Al Pacino is not one of the greatest film actors of all time?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I saw Once Upon a Time in America. The first one I saw was the edited version, which was cut so much it lost some of the story line. When I saw the unedited, director's cut it made more sense.
Well, I'm glad you saw. Do you remember the final episode when De Niro was walking James Woods's mansion off? James Woods was approaching to garbage truck and then he suddenly disappeared. De Niro could not get whether James Woods commited a suicide jumping into garbage truck or it was just a hallucination.
It was a very vague ending so I still wonder what happend with Max(James Woods).

Old 04-21-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm glad you saw. Do you remember the final episode when De Niro was walking James Woods's mansion off? James Woods was approaching to garbage truck and then he suddenly disappeared. De Niro could not get whether James Woods commited a suicide jumping into garbage truck or it was just a hallucination.
It was a very vague ending so I still wonder what happend with Max(James Woods).
I don't remember off hand, but that could be what I meant about the edited version not making sense. I just don't recall what didn't make sense to me, but that may be it. If you can get your hands on the full length, director's cut, it might answer that question.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I don't remember off hand, but that could be what I meant about the edited version not making sense. I just don't recall what didn't make sense to me, but that may be it. If you can get your hands on the full length, director's cut, it might answer that question.
My DVD version lasts 3.47. Is there a longer version?
If so, a movie that lasts more than 4 hours is REALLY long

Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,117,353 times
van kilmer

Old 04-25-2009, 01:32 PM

Just wanted to give the great, great Barbara Streisand a nod of recognition. Recently I watched, "Nuts!" again, where she plays a call girl who fights for her day in court. After killing a john in self-defense, her family and the legal system push to have her placed in a mental institution to keep the sexual abuse she suffered as a kid by step-father Karl Malden undiscovered. But Streisand, with her lawyer Richard Dreyfus convince the judge, James Whitmore, she's mentally capable to understand the charges against her in court.

If you haven't seen this movie, I'd recommend that you go out of your way to do so. There was once a thread on here asking for greatest performances by a singer on film; I really don't think I've ever seen a better performance by a singer than this one.

And for any of you that appreciate her considerable musical talent as well, she's on CBS tonight in an hour long concert.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:27 AM

4 posts, read 6,462 times
Paul Newman
Spencer Tracy
Humphrey Bogart
Russell Crowe
Daniel Day-Lewis

Old 04-29-2009, 02:28 AM

4 posts, read 6,462 times
[quote=RonFromMD;8564556]Paul Newman
Spencer Tracy
Humphrey Bogart
Russell Crowe
Daniel Day-Lewis
Steve MeQueen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies