Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:51 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times

Advertisements

Favorite scene in a scary movie? Probably the final scene of The Wicker Man (the original) or Hannibal Lecter's escape in Silence of the Lambs. The vampire kid at the window is definitely a classic. Too bad the rest of the movie didn't live up to that one scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
My pleasure. Any time!
. Thankfully due to my being up all night with a sick dog I had no nightmares lol.

And the spiderwalk scene from the Exorcist? That is what finally stopped me from repeat viewings. I saw the updated film version with that scene and that scene scared me so much I can never watch the Exorcist again because I never know which version I am watching and no way in hell am I taking any chances!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
. Thankfully due to my being up all night with a sick dog I had no nightmares lol.

And the spiderwalk scene from the Exorcist? That is what finally stopped me from repeat viewings. I saw the updated film version with that scene and that scene scared me so much I can never watch the Exorcist again because I never know which version I am watching and no way in hell am I taking any chances!
Set up a PO Box mailbox and I'll mail you a copy of a movie that will leave you scared forever. I still am.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Set up a PO Box mailbox and I'll mail you a copy of a movie that will leave you scared forever. I still am.
Ok. Now I am intrigued. I am a horror fanatic as long as there are no animal killings like some of those hardcore films show. I got tricked into watching Cannibal Holocaust years ago and I still have not forgiven that person. Those are too extreme for me.

Personally, I like jump scares. I know that gore is the way to go nowadays but give me something that makes me jump up and scream and am in horror heaven. Although that is not to say I don't like a gorefest or two. The Grindhouse films, especially Planet Terror were incredible IMO. I can watch that again and again and love it while wanting to throw up at the same time lol. The Descent was another newer one that I absolutely love. Gross but good story and some real good jumps. In fact there is a scene in that that got me so good I flipped over backwards in my recliner. The cat did not appreciate that.

Anyway, you going to give me a hint?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Ok. Now I am intrigued. I am a horror fanatic as long as there are no animal killings like some of those hardcore films show. I got tricked into watching Cannibal Holocaust years ago and I still have not forgiven that person. Those are too extreme for me.

Personally, I like jump scares. I know that gore is the way to go nowadays but give me something that makes me jump up and scream and am in horror heaven. Although that is not to say I don't like a gorefest or two. The Grindhouse films, especially Planet Terror were incredible IMO. I can watch that again and again and love it while wanting to throw up at the same time lol. The Descent was another newer one that I absolutely love. Gross but good story and some real good jumps. In fact there is a scene in that that got me so good I flipped over backwards in my recliner. The cat did not appreciate that.

Anyway, you going to give me a hint?

The only hint I can give you is you'll be scared. Really scared.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
The only hint I can give you is you'll be scared. Really scared.

That's no fair. We could be talking about a Paris Hilton film lol. Now that's scary!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
That's no fair. We could be talking about a Paris Hilton film lol. Now that's scary!
Her acting in House of Wax scared the crap out of me.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Her acting in House of Wax scared the crap out of me.
Yeah it did but admit it, you loved her final scene lol. That was actually not as bad a movie as I thought it would be. Of course I have been creeped out by wax figures since seeing the Vincent Price version of House of Wax right before going to San Francisco and seeing a wax museum when I was a little kid. Timing is everything I suppose lol.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah it did but admit it, you loved her final scene lol. That was actually not as bad a movie as I thought it would be. Of course I have been creeped out by wax figures since seeing the Vincent Price version of House of Wax right before going to San Francisco and seeing a wax museum when I was a little kid. Timing is everything I suppose lol.
I could not agree more!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:58 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,414 times
Gee, I love Alien! The thought of something incubating inside you, then bursting out, running across the table, acid for blood - it's just really special.

I also love 28 Days Later. The church scene is my favorite -it sets the tone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies