Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 12:27 AM

474 posts, read 1,066,863 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen Earth? The movie, not the planet. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 08:56 AM

282 posts, read 1,185,861 times
I saw it with my son the other day. I loved the pictures and images....great cinematography, etc............good educational stories about nature and wildlife. I liked it. My son is 7 and he enjoyed it too.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:27 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,200,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
Saw this movie last week. Thought it was great, yet almost the same thing can be seen on T.V. A few days later, we took a road trip to some of the state park areas just over the Colorado border into Wyoming. I was looking out at the landscape and noticed a coyote - far away - running in the open field toward a small herd of antelope. I called out to my two companions to check it out...we stopped so we could all watch. Suddenly, the herd of antelope noticed the coyote and one by one, they all turned to look toward their predator. They then took off running away from the coyote. Suddenly, the whole herd stopped...turned around, and started charging the coyote!!! The coyote didn't really back off too much, but he did take notice, started lowering its head and acting slinky, and stopped being so agressive. The herd actually behaved in such a way that they appeared to be very savvy, weren't acting fearful, and knew just how to fend off the coyote. It was like a game they were playing. The herd and the coyote kept this up for a while....back and forth. He was definitely not going to leave what he thought was his good fortune. We had to leave because cars started coming up behind us.

I'll never forget this

Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 AM

1,700 posts, read 5,929,144 times
Earth was a gorgeous film. I believe it could've worked with just images and no narration. It was powerful, and one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. It shows us our Earth, and the relationships that exist on it, in such a delicate way that one, especially when viewing on a big screen, can't leave before being awe-struck. Whether you're a natural scientist, a religous fundamentalist or somewhere between, Earth is a great tool of remembering just where we are, together, and how extraordianry that is.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
Not yet. How was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies