Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 11:09 AM

23,534 posts, read 69,978,132 times

Advertisements

Like many folks who have been in the business, I have a collection of the standard size movie posters called one sheets. (There are other sizes as well, two sheets, six sheets, and so on, but that is another story.)

A LOT of money and talent went into the artwork on these posters and I'm wondering what some of the favorites are. Remember to only post links to the images of posters that are later than about 1923, to conform to copyright TOS.
Here area a few oscar winners:79 Years of Best Picture Winners in Posters » Movie Poster Addict
Be descriptive, as some movies had multiple poster campaigns. To start off, a few of mine:

Gone With the Wind with the burning of Atlanta background
2001 with the spacestation wheel
Most of the day-glo Fantasia posters
The original Star Wars poster with upraised light saber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 01:55 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,162,144 times
Default Blade Runner

Great thread! I find that one of my favorites has been updated, even like its film

Blade Runner Reloaded - Posterwire.com - the movie poster weblog

Blade Runner Poster Comparison

Maybe it's due to memory, but I prefer the original. I like the brightness of the left and lower left scenes contrasting the darkness of the upper right, in a way that's like the story. The new one is just as good but different

Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 AM

7,128 posts, read 5,213,294 times
Camelot
http://images.moviepostershop.com/ca...1020197137.jpg

The Seven-Per-Cent Solution
Visual Section of The Seven-Per-Cent Solution - FilmAffinity

The City of Lost Children
The City Of Lost Children Movie Poster #2 - Internet Movie Poster Awards Gallery

The Dark Crystal
The Dark Crystal Movie Poster - Internet Movie Poster Awards Gallery

Legend
Legend movie posters at movie poster warehouse movieposter.com

I'll try to go through my collection (not a large one) to see what else I can suggest. I do recall that "Alien" is very effective in its simplicity. I can recall people stopping to look at it in the lobby, all of us wondering...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies