Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times

Advertisements

Paranormal Activity 1 is the most scariest I've seen so far.

Pet Semetary use to be the most scariest for me.

Insidious was ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
'Insidious'?

The one about the kid who gets kidnapped by whatever??

No....no no no....I was so disappointed by that movie...and accidently purchased it twice...

To me that was a class B horror film, or 'scary movie'...

It's hard for me to believe the directors of Paranormal, worked on that film as well...

I found the movie slow, predictable, and more like a made for TV show...

Now Pet Semetary on the other hand...is a prooven classic...I own it...and it's a classic...

It worked years ago, and works now...it deals with a theme thats always relivant...

And on top of that...the cast was wonderful...'Herman Munstor' (or whatever his real name is) played a very convincing neighbor...infact I'm not sure if the movie would of worked without him...

On a side note...Fred Gwynne was a distinguished Broadway actor or performer, he kind of got typecast do to the 'Munsters' series...but when I saw him in Pet Semetary I totally got into his character...

Pet Semetary 2 was ok...but it almost played out like a dark comedy...

I wish Stephen King would make another Pet Semetary or re-make the first...but only if he's the director...

Old 11-11-2011, 10:54 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
People bashed this movie when it came out. I never agreed that it was as terrible as everyone was saying. I enjoyed it, but it was also nothing I would be recommending to anyone. I do think the scenery was great though.

Well, I had the impression that the op wasn't after the scariest or goriest.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
Insidious was very good until the very end where the horror ends.

Pet Semetary 1 was very scary for me as a child. PS2 was not so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
'Insidious'?

The one about the kid who gets kidnapped by whatever??

No....no no no....I was so disappointed by that movie...and accidently purchased it twice...

To me that was a class B horror film, or 'scary movie'...

It's hard for me to believe the directors of Paranormal, worked on that film as well...

I found the movie slow, predictable, and more like a made for TV show...

Now Pet Semetary on the other hand...is a prooven classic...I own it...and it's a classic...

It worked years ago, and works now...it deals with a theme thats always relivant...

And on top of that...the cast was wonderful...'Herman Munstor' (or whatever his real name is) played a very convincing neighbor...infact I'm not sure if the movie would of worked without him...

On a side note...Fred Gwynne was a distinguished Broadway actor or performer, he kind of got typecast do to the 'Munsters' series...but when I saw him in Pet Semetary I totally got into his character...

Pet Semetary 2 was ok...but it almost played out like a dark comedy...

I wish Stephen King would make another Pet Semetary or re-make the first...but only if he's the director...

Old 11-11-2011, 09:11 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
I have not seen a horror movie in years. I think the last one I saw was the Ring/Grudge whichever came out last. All the horror movies look alike now days judging from the commercials. Which are actually good?
The 1963 Alfred Hitchcock directed movie, 'The Birds,' was and is a good horror film. 'The Langoliers' was also good. I don't care much for horror films anymore. But 'The Birds' I will always like.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:15 PM

You know it's a good or effective horror/scary movie when you find yourself doing one of the following.

1. turning away from the screen out of dread of what may come next (suspense build up)

2. Actually caring about the characters, and taking it personally when something happens to them

3. turning volume down on TV or Com****r

4. Still thinking about the film days after you've watched it

5. When films content actually effects your personal habits in real life, like being more cautious
when home alone and in the dark

6. When you can watch it twice...and the second time feels just like the first

And a few more things...

The last film, as an adult, that I actually turned my head away from the screen, or got a rush of adrenaline or anxiody was during the ending of the first paranormal activity...

They just held you there...in suspense until.....

And the three movies that affected me most as a minor, in no particular order

1. The excorcist

2. The Evil Dead (saw it in a theater in high school on Halloween night)

3. Carry

These 3 films had the most horrific effect on me while still a minor...

The Excorcist I could not watch for years...even if I saw glimpses of it on Showtime...it would effect my sleep pattern...

The Evil Dead, at the time, was the first time I wanted to leave a movie theater (yes of course now it's not so bad, but at the time, it rivaled the Excorcist as far as realistic demonic gore)

And Carry...for some reason...the voodoo or witchcraft element to that movie kept me wide awake one night as a youth...I had to turn on the Hall light...
And even that didn't work.

Last edited by Time and Space; 11-11-2011 at 10:24 PM..

Old 11-12-2011, 10:31 PM

393 posts, read 652,373 times
Default Now this is a horror movie!

The Exorcist Spider Walk Scene -The Version Too Extreme For Theater - - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
You know it's a good or effective horror/scary movie when you find yourself doing one of the following.

1. turning away from the screen out of dread of what may come next (suspense build up)

2. Actually caring about the characters, and taking it personally when something happens to them

3. turning volume down on TV or Com****r

4. Still thinking about the film days after you've watched it

5. When films content actually effects your personal habits in real life, like being more cautious
when home alone and in the dark

6. When you can watch it twice...and the second time feels just like the first

And a few more things...

The last film, as an adult, that I actually turned my head away from the screen, or got a rush of adrenaline or anxiody was during the ending of the first paranormal activity...

They just held you there...in suspense until.....

And the three movies that affected me most as a minor, in no particular order

1. The excorcist

2. The Evil Dead (saw it in a theater in high school on Halloween night)

3. Carry

These 3 films had the most horrific effect on me while still a minor...

The Excorcist I could not watch for years...even if I saw glimpses of it on Showtime...it would effect my sleep pattern...

The Evil Dead, at the time, was the first time I wanted to leave a movie theater (yes of course now it's not so bad, but at the time, it rivaled the Excorcist as far as realistic demonic gore)

And Carry...for some reason...the voodoo or witchcraft element to that movie kept me wide awake one night as a youth...I had to turn on the Hall light...
And even that didn't work.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:43 PM

22,844 posts, read 6,437,040 times
I thought "Rosemary's Baby" was a scary and disturbing movie. It wasn't full of
blood and gore though.
Sometimes I find horror movies funny if there's too much in the way of special effects....

Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 PM

Gee whiz...thanks a lot for scaring me...

good heavens...that scene, mainly the growel, did everything I mentioned above to me...

I wasn't expecting that demonic growl...

That indeed was freaky...

I wonder how they did that way back then??

Old 11-13-2011, 08:38 AM

393 posts, read 652,373 times
Default The Spider Walk from The Exorcist explained.

The Exorcist - Spiderwalk (Behind-The-Scenes) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies