Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 03:27 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times

Advertisements

After watching two interviews with him, I'm pretty sure James Cameron is a total dou*hebag.

I will most likely NOT go see this movie, because I don't need his scolding and preaching about how awful we are. As someone else said, how hard would it have been to make it a different military or hey, here's a concept: not totally ANTI-AMERICAN (or anti-anyone of European descent?). Does the guy not understand that he would not be speaking English right now if it wasn't for our nasty, horrible military and domineering capitalist ways? What a tool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 06:28 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
I saw Avatar in a regular theater not the 3D. Im sure the quality is much better in 3D but is it worth it? If it is I will see it again, this time 3D.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:34 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
After watching two interviews with him, I'm pretty sure James Cameron is a total dou*hebag.

I will most likely NOT go see this movie, because I don't need his scolding and preaching about how awful we are. As someone else said, how hard would it have been to make it a different military or hey, here's a concept: not totally ANTI-AMERICAN (or anti-anyone of European descent?). Does the guy not understand that he would not be speaking English right now if it wasn't for our nasty, horrible military and domineering capitalist ways? What a tool.
Ya the military industrial complex has absolutely brought us world peace....

Old 12-30-2009, 07:21 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,314,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I saw Avatar in a regular theater not the 3D. Im sure the quality is much better in 3D but is it worth it? If it is I will see it again, this time 3D.
I've seen it in 2D and 3D and in my opinion -- for me -- yes, the 3D was ABSOLUTELY worth the extra $3 or whatever it costs.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Ya the military industrial complex has absolutely brought us world peace....

Is that what the person you quoted said??? I didn't think so either. Nice try.

But it seems to have given you the freedom to post up your opinions on the www. (insert same smilie you used...)

I saw it this past week and I loved the scenery. The story... eh... seems like a 3rd grader could have written it... but the special effects and scenery were awesome!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times
I am debating whether to see this. I am not really into the "modern society is greedy and out of touch with nature" message, but if a movie is fast paced and entertaining I can set the message aside to enjoy the movie. Hey some liberals even like the movie "Dirty Harry" even though they don't agree with it.
So how about it? Is the message too heavy handed to enjoy the flick or not?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:01 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I am debating whether to see this. I am not really into the "modern society is greedy and out of touch with nature" message, but if a movie is fast paced and entertaining I can set the message aside to enjoy the movie. Hey some liberals even like the movie "Dirty Harry" even though they don't agree with it.
So how about it? Is the message too heavy handed to enjoy the flick or not?

I went and saw it and I'm not into sci-fi type films... but it was free, so I went, just to kill 2 hrs. and 40 mins of my day. I really didn't pay much attention to the storyline. I was too concentrated on the scenery! It definitely was a sensory overload type of movie, with the visuals.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:13 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
Dude, after that movie I want to BE a Na'vi! That movie was amazing! I too had no idea they actually figured out how to do 3D!!! Stuff was flying at me! I actually had to duck a few times! Intense and awsome!

Spoiler Alert in white letters: And I'm glad they kicked mercenary ass!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:22 AM

5,193 posts, read 5,761,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
There weren't too many kids in the audience. One screaming 2 year old I told to shut up. They need a special vaccum hose that sucks them up through the ceiling, and deposits the screamers in a cushioned room to be retrieved later.
LOL - the visual effects of your statement are hilarious!

Last edited by Naturen; 01-04-2010 at 12:53 AM..

Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
My family saw it last night on Imax 3D and Avatar was AMAZING!!!

The beginning sequence in freefall briefly made me woozy, that's how real it feels.

The 3D visuals have a depth that are just breath-taking...I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful film. The jungle floor and the glowing plants have a lushness that just can't come across the same in 2D.

If you can, bring your own 3D glasses. I though my wife was silly bringing her own, but the glasses used in my theater are used by the next audience. My glasses were all smudged with fingerprints and before the movie began I had to make a dash for the bathroom to clean them off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies