Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,482 times

Advertisements

I watched it about 8 years ago and it's been killing me, I'm dying to know.

So all I remember is that a kid and his mom lives in this housing development and the kids friends are ALWAYS over and they do stuff to stay entertained when they see things that lead up to their neighbor being a killer and tries to kill the kids mom. I seriously can't figure it out and no it's not Disturbia or Rear Window. It's a totally different movie, was rated pg-13 I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,230,381 times
Default This is a very, very wild guess.

Clubhouse Detectives (1996)
starring Michael Ballam, Michael and Jimmy Galeota, Suzanne Barnes, Christopher Bell, Thomas Hobson, Alex Miranda, Alice Harris
IMDb review:
Billy Ruckman is very protective of his widowed mother, Vicky, watching out for the men she dates. He and his little brother, Kade, and his friends team up and try to frghten off anyone they don't like. With her date canceled, their mother is invited to go see their neighbor, Michael Chambers, perform, which means Billy and Kade have to go to the opera, too. A woman in the crowd is especially interested in the composer's music. Marcella Janowitz has learned that Chambers has been passing off the music she created as his own, with no monetary benefits for her. After the opera, she asks Kade to direct her to Chambers' house, which is where she meets her fate. An argument followed by her threat to reveal his crime leads to her death~a murder that Billy witnesses from his bathroom window. [Yes, he is urinating when he sees the murder, making a mess of the room.] The next day, he and his friends band together, deciding to find the missing body that must be hidden in Chambers' house. An adventure filled with chaos and close calls ensues from there, and the Clubhouse Detectives are determined to find the murdered woman before they become the next victims.

Here's an amateur review with clips from the movie:

"Clubhouse Detectives" Review - YouTube

Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Watched it not too long ago, really want to get it on dvd.

I believe its a newer film, taken place in some basement of a building in New York City.

a group of about 8 people one is a child are taken shelter in this room after the city hit with a nuclear weapon,
all they have for food is beans,
they have to stay in this room so no nuclear gas gets in,
eventually some guys in big spaceman like suits comes and take the child, the mom is horrified,
one of the guys who acts as the leader has his own little room but doesnt let anyone in the others dont know he has a gun and extra food, they later find out.
nuclear gas eventually gets in the room and people start acting crazy, most of them end up killing eachother, i believe only 2 make it until the end.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:13 AM

Could it be this one?
The Divide (2012)
Wikipedia synopsis:
As nuclear explosions ravage New York City, the apartment block residents rush downstairs to escape the building, only to be forced into the basement by further explosions. Only eight of the residents—Eva and her boyfriend Sam, Josh and his brother Adrien, Josh's friend Bobby, Marilyn and her daughter Wendi, and Devlin—manage to force their way into the building's bomb shelter before the superintendent (Mickey) seals the door. The group acclimatises to the cramped surroundings whilst Mickey asserts his dominance over the shelter and its denizens much to the chagrin of Josh, Bobby, and Devlin. After time passes the shelter's door is broken open and the shelter is invaded by armed soldiers in biohazard suits; the men's speech is unintelligible and their allegiance remains ambiguous. The men attack the group and seize Wendi, leaving the shelter with her. Devlin and Mickey manage to kill three of the men and Mickey takes a rifle. Josh volunteers to use one of the dead soldier's suits to leave the shelter and search for Wendi.

You can read the rest here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Divide_(film)

Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Yes, thank you.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 PM

You're welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies