Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

Rank it as one of my top 5 favorite movies ever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 12:16 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
I hated it.

Sexual assault on women and graphic violence involving animals and birds, all wrapped up in a religious agenda that conveniently leaves out the fact that a nuclear holocaust will most likely be the result of fighting about religion.

Thumbs down, all around, from me.
I couldn't agree more.

I saw it last night and thought it was just horrible. The religious overtones almost made me throw up.

Such garbage.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:31 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Rank it as one of my top 5 favorite movies ever!

wow !

Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I saw The Book of Eli on Comcast On Demand along with The Road, fairly recently. I had seen 2012 in the movies to get my fill of the apocalyptic movies. I liked Book of Eli and may I say it was beautifully shot. I'm sorry I did not experience it in a theater.

I also liked The Road. The Road was never shown in a theater near me. I have no idea why.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:20 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The religious overtones almost made me throw up.

Such garbage.
Might I ask what you were expecting when you went into a movie titled The Book of Eli? You know another movie that surprisingly had a lot of religious overtones? It was called The Passion of the Christ.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:52 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,185,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I couldn't agree more.

I saw it last night and thought it was just horrible. The religious overtones almost made me throw up.

Such garbage.
Let's see...a make-believe story...fictitious all the way around...sexual assault on women...graphic violence involving animals and birds...virtual slavery...murders...all perpetrated by those that could be characterized as irreligious, non-religious or immoral...and it was the "religious overtones" that almost made you throw up!?

Nice. Balanced. Makes sense.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:03 AM

95 posts, read 136,240 times
i just Download The Book of Eli movie. It was not good - not bad.
One thing which i am still confused about the movie is that, why did "Solara" returned to her home and what she's gonna fight for?

Was this the sign of any sequel to the movie?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Book of Eli was not as good as I wanted it to be in the end. It started out okay, but then got into the boring story of the book, which was just the Bible. I was hoping they would spend more time on the future of the planet and how life was. They kind of got stuck in that one town and never got away from it. The ending was very anticlimactic and by the time it came I was just wanting the movie to end anyway once I saw they were never going to really escape that town.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:24 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Might I ask what you were expecting when you went into a movie titled The Book of Eli? You know another movie that surprisingly had a lot of religious overtones? It was called The Passion of the Christ.
I wouldn't think it would be about religion, perhaps because I have zero education and interest on the subject.
It could have been a cookbook for all I care, the movie was OK at best.

I read that Denzel was playing a blind guy in the movie and I couldn't believe it when he appeared to be so at the very end but if you watch throughout the entire movie he acts and moves better than someone with 20/20 vision which was a total BS imho and don't tell me "it was because he was on a mission from God", puhleeze!

Also make up and hair of the female actors were not realistic at all, they were too clean and in good condition yet the male villains looked all scruffy and dirty. Baaa!

Old 07-09-2010, 08:26 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I saw The Book of Eli on Comcast On Demand along with The Road, fairly recently. I had seen 2012 in the movies to get my fill of the apocalyptic movies. I liked Book of Eli and may I say it was beautifully shot. I'm sorry I did not experience it in a theater.

I also liked The Road. The Road was never shown in a theater near me. I have no idea why.
the road is just a man and his son pushing a shopping cart looking for food the book of eli has some action and a car chase
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies