Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times

Advertisements

I would say in order robert de niro, jack nicholson and al Pacino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Are you serious? Yout gotta be either a woman who simply was taken in by his chiseled good looks, or a dude who has a man-crush on Reeve and needs to see more movies.
Reeve, in my book, was a mediocre actor at best, I never really saw him emote that well, and I couldn't see him ever playing a crazy or evil person, which is a must in order to exhibit range in acting.
Best actor of alll-time is much too difficult to say, but some great ones: Jack Lemmon, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Chris Cooper, Phillip Seymore-Hoffman, Nicolas Cage, and perhaps one of the most underrated I think, Christian Slater.
Worst actor ever? Easy: Keanu Reeves. He has the dynamic range of a fungus, and how he ever made it in Hollywood is beyond me.
Peace.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:06 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Worst actor ever? Easy: Keanu Reeves. He has the dynamic range of a fungus, and how he ever made it in Hollywood is beyond me.
Peace.
Many people think he's extremely good-looking and will pay to watch him in a movie, so...

Old 10-08-2009, 12:08 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Are you serious? Yout gotta be either a woman who simply was taken in by his chiseled good looks, or a dude who has a man-crush on Reeve and needs to see more movies.
Reeve, in my book, was a mediocre actor at best, I never really saw him emote that well, and I couldn't see him ever playing a crazy or evil person, which is a must in order to exhibit range in acting.
Best actor of alll-time is much too difficult to say, but some great ones: Jack Lemmon, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Chris Cooper, Phillip Seymore-Hoffman, Nicolas Cage, and perhaps one of the most underrated I think, Christian Slater.
Peace.
I think if Stallone fought Keannu Reeves for the honor of being called worst actor, Stallone would win! At least Keannu can annuciate!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:53 PM

380 posts, read 1,229,621 times
Thats just it.... Chris didnt have to play a bad guy. and Mediocre at best? Please.... he could have had any role he wanted too.. he actually turned down roles. now thats average at best? do some research on Chris.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
I'd have to go with Paul Newman - can't say I've ever seen him do a clunker either.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:12 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
oh I forgot about good old clint eastwood

Old 10-09-2009, 11:39 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Thats just it.... Chris didnt have to play a bad guy. and Mediocre at best? Please.... he could have had any role he wanted too.. he actually turned down roles. now thats average at best? do some research on Chris.

I hardly think that turning down roles is an indication that an actor is truly talented; I'm sure that Kim Basinger has turjed down roles to and she's one of the least-talented actresses on the planet.
But an actor with a true gift, in my opinion, must succeed in playing a dynaimic range of emotions and characters: like Dustin Hoffman playing a woman in Tootsie and then an autistic savant. So ask yourself: did Reeve ever ply his trade with such diversity?
No--he was always the same: Mr. Nice Guy with that little half-smile. The dude you'd want to live next door.
Peace.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 PM

380 posts, read 1,229,621 times
I dont think Playing a woman makes you a great actor lol. could hoffman play Superman? probably not. and half smile? you might want to watch more Chris reeve movies.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:17 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,978,830 times
I liked him in "Somewhere in time" and the one with Michael Caine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies