Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:04 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times

Advertisements

Spiderman 1, 2, and 3
Daredevil
X-Men 1, 2, and 3
X-Men Origins 1
Ghostrider
Fantastic 4
Hulk (Ang Lee version)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 11:43 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,451,864 times
Lost in Translation
Manhattan
Pirates of the Carribean

Old 02-07-2010, 05:55 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Movies your supposed to like but don't

Mine are:

The matrix,--just didn't get the fuss.

The Bourne movies, All of them. Maybe it's me but, I thought the first one was ok but nothing great and didn't like any other one of their series.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall, --I think that's the name of it. Lame as s movie. Boring as can be, just like many of the comedies of today.

Juno,--Another overhyped, overexagerated and just plain overrated film. It seemed more like a lifetime movie to me.

Seven Pounds,--I tried hard not to fall asleep. Storyline is quickly figured out, and then the rest of the film lags..

Before the devil knows your dead,--They gave this movie a ton of good reviews and I was fairly let down. I thought that you could have done so much more with that plot and that they lulled you to death in some parts.

All of the Oceans 11 movies,--Always thought that they all sucked. Maybe those types of movies just don't do it for me.

No country for old men,--Although at first I did generally like it (saw it in the movie theatres) the ending for me just left me high and dry. Once again, another film that in which the director took a nap in the ninth inning.

Tropic Thunder,--Just one of a long line of comedies that I thought were severely not funny. I mean and I don't even know if it's me being picky but I rarely see a movie that makes me laugh consistently throughout it.

I will stop now because god knows that I could go on naming movies all day, especially comedy.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:37 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,843 times
agree with Annika on The Office.
Titanic - eeeuwww. That song that's played at the end, Celine Dion, all I can think of is "Dead people floating" every time i hear the song.
Waterworld - is that the one with Kevin Costner? Absolute WORST movie line ever is uttered by Kevey: when the bad guys attack and destroy his very cool boat (the only cool thing about the entire movie. It's a James Bond inspired marvel) - Costners only response when they surface for air is a whiney, "My boooooooooaaaaaaaattttt......." Man, if that were MY BOAT? I'd be using all the extra special words and screaming bloody hell!

Hey WhiteBoySLO - cheers from another Mustang! Go Poly!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:54 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
The Hangover-it was not funny.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:53 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
All of the new MUMMY series of movies.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:16 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,459,152 times

Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,174,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Hey WhiteBoySLO - cheers from another Mustang! Go Poly!
woot! people always just assume i'm making fun of my 'lethargic' tendencies....... and have poor spelling.

Mike

Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,340 times
My humble rambling list

Titanic. I saw it once and didn't get the whole hype. Meanwhile my friend bawled next to me.

Something About Mary - I just don't think it's funny. Same thing with Wedding Singer, my husband loves it but I just am "meh" about it.

Harry Potter movies - never got into them, watched the first three but found them boring for some reason.

Pirates of the Caribbean - watched the first one, and never had an interest for the second. I found it overrated and I'm not a huge fan of Johnny Depp as an actor.

Napoleon Dynamite (yawn)

And like someone else has said, I also don't and won't watch The Office. I really don't like that kind of humor and find it uncomfortable. I still love the Three Stooges and Laurel & Hardy though HAHA.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:17 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
There's Something About Mary - Apparently "There's Something About Mary" I missed. UGH.
Napoleon Dynamite: Did not see what was hilariously funny about this movie.
Superbad: Just a couple of foul mouthed kids. Once again, I like potty humor and coming of age movies - but this one did NOT do it for me. The first American Pie was a million times better than Superbad! I did like McLovin though, he was kind of funny.
Agree on these three.

I liked Superbad more as time went on, after it started playing on TV. But when you first see it in the theater, the F bombs get old after a while. Eventually you wish the fat kid would just shut the F up.

Napoleon Dynamite. People raved about this. And I'm usually into weird off-beat humor, this..... whatever. It was lame. And then it ended with that '80s song which now reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite everytime I hear it.

There's Something About Mary, but I don't know what it is either.

Lord Of The Rings

Pirates Of The Caribbean

Happy Gilmore - I love most of Adam Sandler's early movies. I think Billy Madison is hilarious. I think Little Nicky is hilarious (that was probably his last really good one, actually). But I didn't get into Happy Gilmore for some reason. I finally finished it, but I watched it in fragments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies