Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:48 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,076,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I cannot believe people are listing Johnny Depp. He is easily the best actor of this generation and possibly ever. There isnt a single person that could pull off the range he has in this career.
Johnny Depp? Ugh but to each his own. I find him incredibly overrated. As far as range of emotion and character, I think Ed Norton and even Ryan Gosling are far more talented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,076,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
Jessica Alba. Jessica Biel. Anne Hathaway.

I'm sure there are plenty more, those are just the few that first come to mind of whom I think have zero 'acting' ability.
Agreed, but those types of "actors/actresses" don't get their roles because of their talent or abilities.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,988,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
Jessica Alba. Jessica Biel. Anne Hathaway.

I'm sure there are plenty more, those are just the few that first come to mind of whom I think have zero 'acting' ability.

You may not like Anne Hathaway but to say that she has zero acting ability is a little ridiculous.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,395,460 times
Johnny Depp
Clint Eastwood

Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 AM

536 posts, read 1,428,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You may not like Anne Hathaway but to say that she has zero acting ability is a little ridiculous.
Agreed, I think she is very good. And, not bad to look at either!

Ditto on some of the negative comments regarding Sandra Bullock; I think she is a very good actress.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:36 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,811,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some1Azn View Post
Kristen Stewart. I liked her in Catch That Kid and Panic Room. She's dead-awful in the Twilight movies........
I have to say I have watched all Twilight movies so far and, as much as there is no Oscar-worthy acting there at all, Kristen Stewart is probably one of the worst actresses I have seen in a long time.

In my opinion she has zero expression. I cannot understand how she was chosen for a main role in such a popular movie (even though I understand it won't please everyone, Twilight is popular regardless).

Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,921,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfor View Post
I think, amongst others that have already been mentioned, that I would vote for Jessica Biel. I just don't get the appeal/popularity at all.

And I know for a fact that my wife would vote for Nicole Kidman, hands down. I'm actually surprised that only one person mentioned her so far.
I would agree with your wife, i can't stand that simpering, breathy voice.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:18 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,563,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushla View Post
I would agree with your wife, i can't stand that simpering, breathy voice.
I never liked any of her movies either.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:33 PM

247 posts, read 266,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I have to say I have watched all Twilight movies so far and, as much as there is no Oscar-worthy acting there at all, Kristen Stewart is probably one of the worst actresses I have seen in a long time.

In my opinion she has zero expression. I cannot understand how she was chosen for a main role in such a popular movie (even though I understand it won't please everyone, Twilight is popular regardless).
I totally agree. Heck, I would've chosen someone worthy like Emma Roberts to play the role. Or even one of those girls from Pretty Little Liars!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,040,750 times
Hillary Swank. CANNOT stand her. I won't watch any movie she is in, good or bad.
That movie where she was a teacher. Everyone at school was going and saying how great it was. I still couldn't watch it and I have no logical reason for hating her, but I just can't deal with her. Interviews, movies- I change the channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies