Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
8. Obnoxious brats are never kidnapped.

Home Alone
have a kidnapping in it? Ransom of Red Chief was--but think about it. If you kidnap a obnoxious brat, are you going to put up with him until ransom is delivered? Or are you going to be willing to pay to get rid of him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 04:57 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,215 times
On Matlock - whenever someone goes to visit the murder victim just after the murder took place and the victim doesn't answer the doorbell/knock - instead of just assuming the person isn't home, they open the door and check things out....

(ok - Matlock is not a movie, so sue me! - wait, it did start as a TV Movie before becoming a series)

Old 11-22-2010, 03:38 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Generally true, but I think there is a stream of movies where the hero dies as a martyr sometime before the end. Like Braveheart or maybe Gran Torino if you deem Eastwood's character the hero of the story.

Oh there's also the Chinese movie Hero where pretty much everyone dies by the end except the cruel emperor. (This is a happy ending because the cruel man is the only bring peace and unity to China, which by extension is a big message about the necessity of the current Chinese state)

"The Cowboys" with John Wayne being gunned down by the cattle rustlers.

Some of the things I learned from TV and the movies:

1. CSI "scientist" chicks all wear baby-t shirts and heels
2. You don't need to exercise to stay in shape.
3. Sleeping is optional.

Last edited by LetsRock; 11-22-2010 at 04:02 PM..

Old 11-22-2010, 06:58 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Something else I've learned because of the movies.....

Every electronic tracking device employed by anyone has a flashing red LED attached to it.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,235 times
I learned that makeup stays in place (especially lipstick) when making out.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:19 PM

8,318 posts, read 13,447,487 times
After a long evening and dinner the couple comes, they both start kissing and making love and then into hot, steamy sex, none of them has to use the bathroom or have gas or too tired. In the morning, they wake up first thing they do? Kiss each other and perhaps another round, again no one has morning breath or has to pee or take a dumb or even cut the cheese! Not even during the night! Where the hell did all the naturally bodily functions go?

Cops always arrive when the sh.t is already over and the bad guys are either surrendered, unconscious or dead. How copy are a lot more accurate with a gun than the ones in real life.

In almost every movies where one of the (good) characters who is in danger finds or steals a cell phone with very low battery (Collateral, Jurassic Park 3, etc.)

X-Files, every episode they were in a different city/state yet the weather and area always looked cloudy/overcast and wet! Vancouver, BC anyone?

If you are a minority and/or fat, dorky, geeky, skinny, slutty, obnoxious one or the one with goofy glasses, you are one of the first ones to die in a horror movie, especially a movie with a cast of young actors.

Martial arts movies; the guy can literally destroy a brick or a thick block of wood with one strike yet in a fight it take crap load of hits to beat the other guy.
The ending of any of the old school shao-lin kung-fu movies, was there ever a coherent, realistic ending?

Haunted house movies! Exactly how many crap inside the house would you have to see clearly moving by themselves and for how long for you to say "Holy ****!" and run out of the house? Seriously?

The victim running on foot can give the bad guy, chasing him/her in a car at full speed, a run for his money!

Indiana Jones was the luckiest American to run into the most incompetent, idiotic Nazi soldiers whose aim and shooting didn't worth ****!

Especially in some of the recent movies and TV shows, time frame is like early 1900s or even earlier, yet especially the main characters have perfectly straight, bleached white teeth, wtf?

shows like, Supernatural where the main douche bags always end up meeting smokin' hot chicks no matter where they go. The Gaympire (gay vampire) Diaries where everyone in that North Carolina town is hot, the spoiled indecisive main female lead, both vampire brothers, the vampire chicks, main female character's friends from school, even the sheriff mom, the major, probably even the freakin' butcher but I don't recall seeing him in any of the episodes I watched so far. I guess the vampire flicks with realistic but freaky, ugly looking vampires that do not sparkle do not sell tickets?

Driver of a vehicle looks at the passenger (during their conversation) more than he/she looks at the road.
Driver moves the wheel almost constantly half turn left or right, who does that in real life? Or, where is this zig-zag road?

That is all I can think of for now...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies