Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 01:27 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Oh I had forgotten about that one. That's on my TOP 5 favorite movies of all time. Fantastic. We happen to be train chasers/lovers ourselves so that might have helped Cafe con leche anyone?
I love the cafe con leche guy. He's hilarious. Especially when he's praying before the meal and drops the F bomb to God. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 11:46 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Primer

Sorry, your link, quoted above, doesn't include the last ).... Wiki cannot locate. I've added here.
Thanx for posting the link ,I do not understand what fouled up...could've been me???? I just checked it worked fine...???

Old 01-15-2010, 11:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
A wonderful movie is "Quackser Fortune has a Cousin in the Bronx". I think that maybe only 14 people in the whole world have seen it (even though it is out on video). It's a really wonderful movie.

I have only seen it once in my life. I was very young, but for some reason it has really stayed with me a long time.

Punkinhead is also a good movie. But I think it is more mainstream.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
THE MIRACLE AT MORGAN'S CREEK
The Miracle of Morgan's Creek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KING'S ROW
Kings Row - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THE SNAKE PIT
The Snake Pit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The whole movie is on YouTube in numerous parts...I highly recommend it.
One of the first movies about mental illness and the asylums they put these poor people into.
Thanks, PITTS!

Hey, I have a thought. What if I were to make a list of all the movies mentioned in this thread, post the list and have people vote on a movie to watch within the next, say, 2 weeks or a month, or whatever timeframe works for most people, then have a follow-up discussion thread about it? Kind of like a book club, but instead an online obscure movie club.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
A wonderful movie is "Quackser Fortune has a Cousin in the Bronx". I think that maybe only 14 people in the whole world have seen it (even though it is out on video). It's a really wonderful movie.

I have only seen it once in my life. I was very young, but for some reason it has really stayed with me a long time.

Punkinhead is also a good movie. But I think it is more mainstream.

20yrsinBranson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLzshUZXZM

Is this the movie??? .

Old 01-17-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Thanks, PITTS!

Hey, I have a thought. What if I were to make a list of all the movies mentioned in this thread, post the list and have people vote on a movie to watch within the next, say, 2 weeks or a month, or whatever timeframe works for most people, then have a follow-up discussion thread about it? Kind of like a book club, but instead an online obscure movie club.
I think that's a great IDEA...wish I thought of it. This thread is fun...I've discovered so many "new" movies to check out. In turn, I hope a few movies I brought up have garnered a few poster's interest. .

Old 01-17-2010, 01:07 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Thanks, PITTS!

That's a good idea, it seems that a lot of these movies are on netflix instant download, that's how I and I'm sure many others have been watching them so the movies chosen should probably be available that way, I know I tend to use my 1 mail DVD for the newer movies.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That's a good idea, it seems that a lot of these movies are on netflix instant download, that's how I and I'm sure many others have been watching them so the movies chosen should probably be available that way, I know I tend to use my 1 mail DVD for the newer movies.
Thanx..I did NOT know that you could do that with netflix...I'm still an internet novice...LOL.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Hey, what happened to my post from yesterday??? I posted a link to the list I started, which I uploaded to google docs and set so it could be edited by anyone. I'm on a big data entry project for a candidate for state assembly right now, so I don't have time to update it any further at the moment. I also listed several more movies that I was adding to the list. What happened??? Why would that post have been deleted??? And if it was deleted, why don't I see the shell of it with a note from a moderator???

Here's the link again, http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...YWHRERUE&hl=en, but I'm too busy to post all the same info on the movies I mentioned adding at the moment, so I'll just list them by name:

Dead Again
The Player
Dead Ringers
The Trouble with Harry
Shadow of a Doubt

Old 01-19-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Hey, what happened to my post from yesterday??? I posted a link to the list I started, which I uploaded to google docs and set so it could be edited by anyone. I'm on a big data entry project for a candidate for state assembly right now, so I don't have time to update it any further at the moment. I also listed several more movies that I was adding to the list. What happened??? Why would that post have been deleted??? And if it was deleted, why don't I see the shell of it with a note from a moderator???

Here's the link again, http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...YWHRERUE&hl=en, but I'm too busy to post all the same info on the movies I mentioned adding at the moment, so I'll just list them by name:

Dead Again
The Player
Dead Ringers
The Trouble with Harry
Shadow of a Doubt

I didn't notice it; but thankyou for your time and effort reposting...we all appreciate it.....PITTS. WOW..I saved it to my favorites...that took a lot of work!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies