Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 04:38 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
He wasn't a "stoner", so much in that, that was his problem. He was a hider, an avoider, running from his past. Had been all around the country, in and out of relationships, had even done a little time for a bar room brawl. Whereas, his elder sister, the Laura Linney character handled the tragedy of their parents' death in an entirely different way; she had a child and became the ultra-responsible one. Was warming up to the idea of marrying her long time boyfriend when her wandering brother comes home and shakes up her world. She begins an affair with her new boss Matthew Broderick and we figure out that they have both been hiding from the memory of their mutual tragedy, but in opposite ways.
I think you forgot a few things - you should post the entire script next time... yes, that's sarcasm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 04:40 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,403,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I think you forgot a few things - you should post the entire script next time... yes, that's sarcasm!
I'm glad you told me, 'cause I never would have known. Thank you.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:53 AM

3 posts, read 4,936 times
Texas Chain Saw Massacrer is a classic, but with today's effects looks funnier than scary, I recommended it though

Old 12-29-2009, 02:50 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,235,512 times
'night, Mother, with Sissy Spacek.

'night, Mother (1986)

She spends the evening with her Mother discussing how she will be killing herself and why. I had an Aunt who committed suicide but never knew why. Disturbing yet interesting movie.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:51 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
Believe it or not everyone I mention "To Live and Die in L.A." to has never heard of it so I guess that's my "Obscure" film that I liked...
OMG yes! i remember having a heck of a time finding it on DVD!!!! It's one of the best cop movies ever made and the soundtrack is classic!

Not sure what is exactly meant by obscure ... Donnie Darko was pretty obscure and it's in my top 5 of all time.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
OMG yes! i remember having a heck of a time finding it on DVD!!!! It's one of the best cop movies ever made and the soundtrack is classic!

Not sure what is exactly meant by obscure ... Donnie Darko was pretty obscure and it's in my top 5 of all time.
I think the idea is movies few people have seen or even heard of "Donnie Darko" has such a large cult following, most people have at least heard about it. This is a great thread, it's giving me ideas for movies to check out

Old 12-30-2009, 09:06 AM

then put Transsiberian on that list ...

Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 AM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
The Legend of Suriyothai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeD3MhlUL-E

The Prophecy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SC7C2wwDS4

The Prophecy II was good too, 3 wasn't that great.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:07 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,009 times
Believe (2005)

It's a mockumentary on a fictional Multi-Level-Marketing company called "Believe Industries" (think Amway).

It is very funny and for anyone who has had the misfortune of being in an MLM (yup, I have) - it is spot on and hysterical!

Also "Free Enterprise" with William Shatner is really funny, too!

Old 12-30-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
'night, Mother, with Sissy Spacek.

'night, Mother (1986)

She spends the evening with her Mother discussing how she will be killing herself and why. I had an Aunt who committed suicide but never knew why. Disturbing yet interesting movie.
oh my gosh, I was thinking about that movie today! it was really intense. reps for jogging my memory!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies