U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which summer blockbuster are you looking most foward to?
Iron Man 2 8 25.00%
Robin Hood 3 9.38%
MacGruber 1 3.13%
Shrek 4 0 0%
Sex in the City 2 3 9.38%
Prince of Persia 3 9.38%
Survival of the Dead 0 0%
Marmaduke 1 3.13%
The A-Team 0 0%
The Karate Kid 1 3.13%
Jonah Hex 0 0%
Toy Story 3 4 12.50%
Grown Ups 0 0%
Twilight: Eclipse 2 6.25%
Avatar: TAB (which is what it SHOULD be called) 0 0%
Predators 3 9.38%
Salt 0 0%
Step Up 0 0%
Expendables 1 3.13%
others I may have missed... 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:54 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,338 posts, read 19,598,457 times

Advertisements

It's the thrid anual Summer Movie Season preview and this year.... it won't seem as big as last year (personal opinion). And usually, I'd have the movie's poster set up, but since they are always cut out, I'll just link them.

This week, the summer blockbuster season officially begins with Iron Man 2.
Here's the "Big Boy" list:

----------------------------

- Iron Man 2 (May 7) / Buzz: Sequal to highly successful 1st movie for the iron clad Tony Stark. This one's supposed to start focusing on his alcoholism....
Poster

- Robin Hood (May 14) / Buzz: If you liked "Gladiator", chances are, you'll like this movie as well. Same director, same main star.....
Poster

- Shrek Forever After (May 21) / Buzz: This will be the last of the series.
Poster

- MacGruber (May 21) / Buzz: 1st movie based off an SNL character since The Ladies' Man (2000)
Poster

- Sex and the City 2 (May 27) / Buzz: [Insert buzz here....] I honestly have no clue.
Poster

- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (May 28) / Buzz: Disney movie based off the popular video game franchise.
Poster

- George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead (May 28) / Buzz: not much, other than this being the 6th of the "Living Dead" zombie series.
Poster

- Marmaduke (June 4) / Buzz: Live action movie version of the famous comic strip.
Poster

- The Karate Kid(June 11) / Buzz: Remake of the original Karate Kid with Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan reprising the roles of Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita.
Poster

- The A-team (June 11) / Buzz: Movie adaptation of the famous 1980's tv show.
Poster

- Toy Story 3 (June 18) / Buzz: 3rd instalment of the movie that made Pixar famous. Andy is grown up, (making this movie accurate in aging the characters since, like me, he was a kid in the original and now he's in college) and the toys have to adapt. Plus, it's PIXAR.... do you need anything other than that?
Poster

- Jonah Hex (June 18) / Buzz: 1st movie about the DC Comic superhero.
Poster

- Grown Ups (June 25) / Buzz: Stars 4 of the 1990's SNL alumni (Sandler, Rock, Schneider, and Spade) and Kevin James. Set to be the funniest of the summer...?
Poster

- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (June 30) / Buzz: Other than it being another Twilight movie.... none.
Poster

- The Last Airbender (July 2) / Buzz: Live action movie based off the Nickelodeon anime, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, SHOULD be called Avatar, but the name was taken.... Also, this will be the July 4th movie of the year.
Poster

- Predators (July 7) / Buzz: The first new Predator movie (not including the AvP series) in 20 years.
Poster

- Salt (July 23) / Buzz: Angelina Jolie.......
Poster

- Step Up 3-D (August 6) / Buzz: Third in the Step Up series and will be shot in 3-D... like everything else is.
Poster

- The Expendables (August 13) / Buzz: An action film with.... STALLONE, WILLIS, SCHWARZENEGGER, STATHAM, STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, JET LI, DOLPH LUNDGREN TERRY CREWS, and MICKEY ROURKE. Hell of a cast, I hope it's not a joke. It would be a pretty interesting way to end the season.
Poster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,243,880 times
The Expendables for sure. Quite a cast including the Governor. Hope it lives up to the hypel.

I have always loved the Shrek movies and Toy Story 3 should be good too.

Going to be a busy summer!

Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,120,656 times
Damn...wish I could have added another movie because I am mostly looking forward to "Predators" and the "Expendables", but I didn't see Expendables until after I voted.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:40 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,243,880 times
I did enjoy the AVP series and knew I was in trouble when I began rooting for the Predator over the Alien. And to be honest, I was for Freddy over Jason. Perhaps a life would be in order here?????

Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM

416 posts, read 561,559 times
I voted Iron Man 2, though there are others that I'm looking forward to about the same amount: The Last Airbender, The Expendables, and Knight & Day(Not on your list).

Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 PM

490 posts, read 1,620,515 times
Just looking forward to Ironman and The Last Airbender. When I heard about Avatar, I thought it was The Airbender movie. I was quite disappointed when I understood this was a completely different thing.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:23 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,338 posts, read 19,598,457 times
I also wanna mention that all posters are from IMP Awards.

Also, I'm not sure if the Governator is going to be a full time cast member or just make a cameo (if he really is in the movie) but that should be a hell of a way to end the blockbuster season.

But like everyone else, I wanna see Iron Man 2, mainly because I didn't see the first one.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 AM

13,036 posts, read 22,304,060 times
Off that list only three I will be going to see :

Robin Hood
Toy Story 3
Shrek

Some other films I want to see :

Four Lions
The Prophet
Gentlemen Broncos
City of Life and Death
Eyes Wide Open
Petropolis
Brothers Bloom
Heartbreaker

Old 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,430,682 times
I am going to see Iron Man 2. I wanna see the real Avatar and MacGruber too.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 AM

56 posts, read 61,881 times
Same here. I am also waiting for IRON MAN 2...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies