Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 04:27 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,766 times

Advertisements

:: comes in early and glances around... nods a wave to a few already in the tavern... senses a sensitive atmosphere and some folks needing to hear about love and it's trials. Flicks on the silver ball...starting tunes for the few::

Roberta Flack
- Gone Away - 1970 audio only

YouTube - Roberta Flack - Gone Away

Roberta Flack "The Impossible Dream" (1970)

YouTube - Roberta Flack "The Impossible Dream" (1970)

Joan Baez, Diamonds and Rust - Live, 1975

YouTube - Joan Baez, Diamonds and Rust - Live, 1975

The Closer I get to You - Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - 1980

YouTube - The Closer I get to You- Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway

I Miss You - Harold Melvin And The Bluenotes - 1 audio only 1972

YouTube - I Miss You - Harold Melvin And The Bluenotes - [ LYRICS ]

Stay In My Corner - Dells - released 1968, Live 1975

YouTube - The Dells - Stay In My Corner (LIVE!)

or audio only

YouTube - Stay In My Corner
or
The Dells – Stay in My Corner – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-01-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 02-02-2009, 10:45 AM

:: people sings in pockets, here and there, the song... one lady began lip-synching to a fellow at the counter... it breaks the ice as more people join in the chorus... good! switches to a happier song for the next spin::

Paul McCartney & Wings - Listen to what the Man Said - Live 1976

YouTube - 062 Listen to What the Man Said - PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS

::announces ... as I nod to a customer that we have Hot Tuna's song, requested:: "Quicksilver's playing at the Fillmore... Ted's gonna set us up... they're about to play Fresh Air... " ::finds the telecast station on the radio... blasts it::

Quicksilver Messenger Service - Fresh Air - 1971 Fillmore Live

YouTube - Quicksilver Messenger Service - Fresh Air

Hot Tuna -
Uncle Sam Blues - (Live 1971)- Fillmore

YouTube - Hot Tuna - Uncle Sam Blues (1971)

Hot Tuna - Hit Single #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaMd...eature=related

Old 02-02-2009, 11:08 AM

::someone yells they want to hear PaPa John Creach's fiddle with the Jefferson Starship.. snap fingers.. "I got what you need"... and starts spinning::

Jefferson Starship - Fast Buck Freddie - 1975

YouTube - Jefferson Starship - Fast Buck Freddie

Jefferson Starship - Hyperdrive (1974) audio only

YouTube - Jefferson Starship - Hyperdrive (1974)

Jefferson Starship - Miracles (Stereo) - audio only 1974

YouTube - Jefferson Starship - Miracles (Stereo)

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-02-2009 at 12:22 PM..

Old 02-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Ms. Cellie.. there was a question asked from 6 Foot 3 to you... page 56, if you come by. :-) Sorry you missed it... (since you are the kindest and most polite person I know... ) . I too often miss questions and kinda wish there was a notification centering around "Quotes" since most people post in a variety of threads and could miss a day or two of someone asking a question.

Have now done my good deed for the day... ::chuckle::

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-02-2009 at 06:53 PM..

Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM

::does a walking 2-step over to the booth... to War... sees Eric and waves him to go on up to the stage:::

Eric Burdon and War - Spill the Wine (1970)

YouTube - Eric Burdon and War - Spill the Wine (1970)

WAR & ERIC BURDON - SPIRIT (Live - low quality- In Copenhagen 1971)

YouTube - WAR & ERIC BURDON - SPIRIT (Live In Copenhagen 1971)

Rufus & Chaka • Do You Love What You Feel? [1979] •Masterjam

YouTube - Rufus & Chaka • Do You Love What You Feel? [1979] •Masterjam

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-02-2009 at 06:54 PM..

Old 02-02-2009, 07:06 PM

158 posts, read 515,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
Ms. Cellie.. there was a question asked on page 56 from 6 Foot 3 to you... page 56, if you come by. :-) Sorry you missed it... (since you are the kindest and most polite person I know... ) . I too often miss questions and kinda wish there was a notification centering around "Quotes" since most people post in a variety of threads and could miss a day or two of someone asking a question.

Have now done my good deed for the day... ::chuckle::
~blushes and then curtseys~

Thank you, Mr. Mam Sir, for letting me know of 6 FOOT 3's post. I did not know it was there!

~moves back through the corridor~

~gently gazes up at 6 FOOT 3, eyes contrite~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Hi Cellie.......... we're also curious about your tastes in music as maybe you'll be so kind as to clue us in sometime in the future about your likes in the different genres .

6/3
Sir, please accept my apology for not responding to your post, I was not aware that you had written me.

~eyes brighten as she considers music she enjoys~

Growing up, I didn't hear much secular music. It is only now that the world of music is opening up for me--and it is a huge world--and I am now discovering the many types of music.

I favor choral groups with vocal harmonies, love songs, and mellow/smooth jazz. I've always enjoyed tango music (old world sound); it is very expressive. I asked Mr. Mam to make a selections, which he happily did. I was pleased with everything he selected on my behalf. I have since learned the categories have spanned from jazz to contemporary. I like the BeeGees, Temptations, Voices of Liberty, to name a few groups, and I also enjoy music that I hear from others.

Now... hmmmm... I would say, if I thought what do they all have in common, the ability to transport me to other worlds and to evoke feeling.

I understand you like 80s music, but what specifically do you so enjoy about it? Is it the feeling that it produces inside of you or something else?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:07 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellie View Post
Sir, please accept my apology for not responding to your post, I was not aware that you had written me.
LOL....no need to appologize at all Cellie as i've done that myself countless times .

Yes even 6 foot 3 likes 70's mellow songs .

YouTube - Maria Muldaur "Midnight at the Oasis"

Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
One of my "go-to" songs if you will.

Highway Song - from Blackfoot.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:55 AM

158 posts, read 515,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
LOL....no need to appologize at all Cellie as i've done that myself countless times .

Yes even 6 foot 3 likes 70's mellow songs .

YouTube - Maria Muldaur "Midnight at the Oasis"
6 FOOT 3, you are full of surprises! How absolutely beautiful! ~eyes smiling brightly~

The desert with the full moon was lovely! The peace and warmth of sand and sun could be felt. The arms of palm trees hung on the breeze. Cotton candy clouds floated in the turquoise sky above.

I felt myself starting to drift away then I heard a voice say "I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore..." That brought me back in the twinkling of an eye. ~soft laughter ending in a smile~

Thank you for a trip of dance, desert and song. ~heart happy~

Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 AM

::comes in to the tavern for a quick breakfast by Millie who only cooks once a week... seeing others there as well... greet all as I slide into an empty place at the counter... A little crowd has gathered 'round a rather intoxicated woman... all singing various verses of Bridge over Troubled Waters... what a loving bunch of people... I think to myself... know many see the hair but you see the heart dontcha Lord... You just see our hearts::

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (audio only 1969)

YouTube - Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (Live 1969)

::door opens briefly... its the King! he's come in for a quick visit to the can but loving the crowd's vibe, decides he wants in... ::

Elvis Presley: Bridge Over Troubled Water (recorded)

YouTube - Elvis Presley: Bridge Over Troubled Water (recorded)
or
"Bridge Over Troubled Water"(Original Released Concert Take) - 1972

YouTube - "Bridge Over Troubled Water"(Original Released Concert Take)

::a known gospel sister Myrna walks in, to a hail of greetings... she, taking in the scene... promptly states the Holy Ghost need some help cleaning up this here tavern... and with a mighty shake of her tambourine... thrusts the tambourine in the drunken patron's hands to the claps and cheers of all... I turn fully on barstool to see what happens next..::

"We going to church up in here!"

Myrna Summers - "Bridge Over Troubled Water"

YouTube - Myrna Summers - "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music