Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:15 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times

Advertisements

Mine was the 19 SEVENTIES and though DISCO has it's critics; I loved dancing and clubbing along with this song>>>>> BORN TO BE ALIVE by PATRICK HERNANDEZ.

YouTube - Patrick Hernandez - Born to be alive 12" .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 12:32 AM

503 posts, read 710,231 times
i was born in the 90s,but I love the 60s and 70s. I love blues and rock so,that it explains it,along with R&B and soul. I Love the 70s(which i owe to my parents and all their storys about the times and the music) but the 60s are my favorite. from the british invasion,to the stax sound,to the san franciscan bands, I love it.

I have a lot of fav. 60s artist like the yardbirds,zeppelin,cream,james brown,sam&dave,tina turner,the who,jefferson airplane,13th floor elevators,the doors,the rolling stones,hendrix, and jeff beck,but 3 are tied for number 1
OTIS

YouTube - Otis Redding - Hard To Handle
JANIS

YouTube - JANIS JOPLIN -BALL AND CHAIN
THE ANIMALS

YouTube - The Animals (NME-1965) - Part 1

Old 07-05-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeo2194 View Post
i was born in the 90s,but I love the 60s and 70s. I love blues and rock so,that it explains it,along with R&B and soul. I Love the 70s(which i owe to my parents and all their storys about the times and the music) but the 60s are my favorite. from the british invasion,to the stax sound,to the san franciscan bands, I love it.

I have a lot of fav. 60s artist like the yardbirds,zeppelin,cream,james brown,sam&dave,tina turner,the who,jefferson airplane,13th floor elevators,the doors,the rolling stones,hendrix, and jeff beck,but 3 are tied for number 1
OTIS

YouTube - Otis Redding - Hard To Handle
JANIS

YouTube - JANIS JOPLIN -BALL AND CHAIN
THE ANIMALS

YouTube - The Animals (NME-1965) - Part 1
OMG.....I was born in the "very" late FIFTIES; BUT never heard of your first two posts????? Thanx for sharing. Another of my favorites.....but I apparently miss by a year.....LOL.....though songs know no "boundaries" to me, this one was 1970>>>>>>>

YouTube - The Fifth Dimension "Aquarius /Let The Sunshine In" (1969) .

Old 07-05-2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
OMG.....I was born in the "very" late FIFTIES; BUT never heard of your first two posts????? Thanx for sharing. Another of my favorites.....but I apparently miss by a year.....LOL.....though songs know no "boundaries" to me, this one was 1970>>>>>>>

YouTube - The Fifth Dimension "Aquarius /Let The Sunshine In" (1969) .
my aunt was talking to me about this song. lol everytime i hear it i think of scrubs...idk if you ever watched that,but there's an episode where the whole hospital goes outside and is dancing/singing to it.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:47 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,100,593 times
I had many older siblings, so I was introduced to to a lot of great artists and music from a very young age. It's not an actual decade but my favorite 10 ten year span for music was 68-78.

And here's my all-time favorite group

The Who from 1973 (Quadrophenia album)

YouTube - Can You See the Real Me?

Old 07-05-2010, 02:55 AM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,022 times
I sorta found my feet in the er, disco era. I was a bit retarded in school, not even cool enough to be nerdy..a buddy dragged me onto the dance floor (we had lunch-hour discos in high school), and I discovered I could actually dance pretty well. I had to ask the student next to me to pinch me to make sure I wasn't dreamin'..

YouTube - Robert Hays & Julie Hagerty Stayin Alive

Old 07-05-2010, 03:05 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,100,593 times
I have always loved Seger

YouTube - Bob Seger - Main Street

Old 07-05-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
I sorta found my feet in the er, disco era. I was a bit retarded in school, not even cool enough to be nerdy..a buddy dragged me onto the dance floor (we had lunch-hour discos in high school), and I discovered I could actually dance pretty well. I had to ask the student next to me to pinch me to make sure I wasn't dreamin'..

YouTube - Robert Hays & Julie Hagerty Stayin Alive
high school sucks. it's one thing to be a nerd and have nerd friends,but if your like me your in the gray zone. your not lame enough to hang with the lames and to lame for the popular crowd. sure people act decent to me,but my life as high school goes is a lone battle. i dont have a group of friends for support.I hate when people say "oh highschool is the funnest time of your life" no,thats false. i take math classes i will never understand,and am constantly hearing about the new miley cyrus **** song or whatever else is going on my ignorant lil small town....sorry for ranting,i'm glad you were able to dance. my parents are from the disco ish era.

YouTube - Donna Summer McArthur Park

Old 07-05-2010, 05:01 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,325,120 times
I am a pure 80s guy.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I am a pure 80s guy.
Any Decade is cool!!!! AS well as ANY song that meant something to YOU!!!!!. I had a few EIGHTIES myself.......LOL.

YouTube - HELLO IT'S ME - Todd Rundgren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music