Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:45 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times

Advertisements

Yeah, we need only see Akon's wonderfully titled hit, "I Wanna F*** You" to see that we've run out of ideas on the hip-hop front.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 01:36 PM

177 posts, read 613,997 times
Rap died somewhere around 1998. The likes of TCQ, EPMD, KRS-One, De La Soul's "Stakes is High", Nas' "Illmatic", Digable Planet's "Blowout Comb", Ghostface "Ironman", Mobb Deep "Infamous", Common Sense's "Resurrection", (I could go on and on) will never be matched. I don't even consider this garbage out today to be hip-hop.Young Jeezy and them cats don't even get it. I don't even think Jeezy understood who he was sitting next when he was arguing with Monie Love about what's hip-hop!? Yeah...I even have to say Chamillionaire isn't true hip-hop...those cats are rappers. To bad the rappers killed hip-hop.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:38 PM

I'm worried for our kids...here's what everyone needs to check out. True enlightenment on what's up with this rap poison that's infecting our youth (the Black future).

Independent Lens . HIP-HOP: Beyond Beats and Rhymes | PBS

Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,949 times
Thanks hew2a. I bookmarked the website. I may order a copy for school.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:42 PM

165 posts, read 555,352 times
Well ? If you think about it, Rockn Roll is pretty much dead too !!!!! Modern Rock and Modern Hiphop, just aren't the same. But the new generation likes them. It's time for our generation to move on, and enjoy what we know as music. Remember how our parents thought our music was crap ? Thats where we are now.
When Rockn Roll was first heard, it scared the crap out of the older crowd. Up until then, it was swing, Jazz, and classical. Rockn Roll was considered the Devils music. Rap was thrown in in the late 70's, and again, it was very contraversal. People went from Disco to Breakdancing. The older crowd didn't like rap, because it wasn't singing, it was talking to music.
Wait another 4-5 yrs. There will be a new kind of contraversal music. Modern Rock will turn into ultra Modern Rock. Rap and Hiphop will turn into......... Um....... Alternative Rap and Hiphop....And the new music will be, Grunge Pop. We will be what our parents were, and only like our generation of music.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:48 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
There hasn't been a decent rap song since Sugar Hill Gang did Rappers Delight ....

Old 06-29-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
There hasn't been a decent rap song since Sugar Hill Gang did Rappers Delight ....

HA! That's hilarious! Especially since they really didn't do it...

Old 06-29-2007, 10:46 PM

165 posts, read 555,352 times
Default " This is Why Rap Sucks "

" This is why Rap sucks !!! This is Why Rap Sucks !! This is why, This is Why, This Why it Sucks !!!! It sucks cause it's lame, It all sounds the same, It's all about gold Teeth, And pimpn Gangsta's is the Game. This is Why Rap sucks, This is why Rap sucks, This is why, this is why, this why rap suck. The pants are to big, There baggy in the *ss, bragging bout the Getto life, But all of it is crap !!! They'd Rather be in Gangs, then finshing up school, I know the gangs are family, But Shootn people ain't cool.
This is why Rap sucks, This is why Rap Sucks, This is why, This is why, This is why it sucks. Everything repeats, To the same ol'e tired beat, Anyone with a half brain, can write a Rap thats neat.
This is why Rap sucks, This is Why Rap sucks, This is why, this is why, this is why rap sucks. It sucks cause it's bad, It should have been a fad, But it seems todays society, Likes to Idolize music that is mad. Living Ghetto life, scared to walk the streets, wearing the wrong colors, and your maker you may meet, Still you feed into this hate, when you listen to that song, Thinking your some kinda Supernatural walking phenominon. You think your badder then the rest, till a stray bullet hits your chest, and that gangsta blood inside of you drains, and your no better then the rest.
This is why Rap sucks, This is why Rap sucks, This is why, This why, This why Rap Sucks. So now you are dead to the world, leaving your loved ones all in pain, All because Rap taught you was to be criminally insane. Teaching you to be cool, and to have a heart of stone, And your gangsta friends , are full of rage, ignoring the lesson shown. Gold teeth and chains, Baggy pants and shirts, Death and hate are worshipped, and except God and the church., And whats it all worth, When your lying in your grave, You spent your life listening to rap, and you ain't gettn paid. Your dead in your grave, And you weren't even saved, Hell is the Ultimate Ghetto, But you are now the Devils slave. This is Why Rap Sucks, This is why Rap sucks, This is why, This is Why, This is why Rap sucks. The Chorus repeats, and its beating in your head, All that Rap music never leaves you when your dead, And the gunshots you hear, the bullets peircing through your skin, This is where rap got you, And it's all because of him. All those rappers that you Idolize, Their atittudes, and what they wear. You think they give a sht about you ? No !!
They don't give a care. Your death only proved, That rap once again was right. And they turn your death into a story about another gun fight. So another Rap is made, and the artist will get paid, writing about your death, And a ***** that got him laid. That is why Rap sucks !!!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 06:33 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
lol Riptide
I like your style.
link
The link above is lyrics which are misogynist, involve more than one gun death, and drugs. It was written and recorded by Johnny Cash.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:31 AM

451 posts, read 835,670 times
Quote:
It's offical- hip hop/rap done died!
You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this day.

Since shortly after I saw a movie called "Wild style" back in 1982.

Wild Style - The Classic Hip Hop Movie (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music