Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 02:23 PM

52,622 posts, read 47,825,177 times

Advertisements

Ballad Of The Alamo - Marty Robbins

YouTube - ‪Marty Robbins - Ballad of the Alamo‬‏

Neon Rose - Mel Tillis

YouTube - ‪Mel Tillis - Neon Rose‬‏

But You Know I Love You - Dolly Parton

YouTube - ‪dolly parton- but you know that i love you‬‏

Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 PM

4,493 posts, read 6,305,242 times
This song literally changed my life. I was kind of difting through life, hating everything about it with the one exception of my daughter. She was the only bright light in my life. Then one day I was visiting a friend who was a fanatic about Robbie Williams. I liked him but I wasn't a huge fan so I politely listened as she enthused about his songs and played them. Then she went off to the bathroom and left his album playing and this song came on. It was like a lightening bolt. It said exactly what I needed to hear. The experience was so powerful that I just burst into tears. I realised that I really did need to start living again. I wanted to love where I was rather than always wishing I was somewhere else and that it was all about my own perspective and what I was doing...not what anyone else thought. The next year I started university despite everyone telling me that I couldn't do it, and it has changed everything. It's all about being true to yourself.....the real you inside that can't wear the masks that you can put on your public face.

YouTube - ‪Robbie Williams - Feel (Lyrics)‬‏

(I deliberately chose audio only because I felt that the video was a distraction from the meaning)

Last edited by Lady Ice; 07-03-2011 at 04:15 PM..

Old 07-03-2011, 03:55 PM

26,733 posts, read 22,400,147 times
On the "darker side of the moon")))

YouTube - ‪Depeche Mode "Blue Dress (violator LP montage)"‬‏

Old 07-03-2011, 04:43 PM

10,604 posts, read 11,637,396 times
Here's a few of my favorite saxophone players..

YouTube - ?Kirk Whalum - Afterthought??,

YouTube - ?Candy Dulfer Lily was here ( LIVE, HD )??,

YouTube - I believe by Dave Koz12,

YouTube - gato barbieri - last tango in paris,

YouTube - Gerald ALbright - Georgia on My Mind

Old 07-03-2011, 05:06 PM

449 posts, read 515,586 times
Ravel - Bolero

Reading about Maurice Ravel is fascinating. Ravel said he wanted to write the world’s longest crescendo making no attempt to vary the music harmonically or melodically....Bolero.

Ravel had left cortex brain deterioration which caused him to lose his sense of pitch, while retaining his sense of timbre. Later in life, because of brain damage (aphasia) Ravel was still able to "think musically" but no longer had the ability to express it by writing/composing.

YouTube - ‪BOLERO-RAVEL‬‏

Old 07-03-2011, 05:53 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,584,677 times
Default Alter Bridge - Brand New Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
This song literally changed my life. I was kind of difting through life, hating everything about it with the one exception of my daughter. She was the only bright light in my life. Then one day I was visiting a friend who was a fanatic about Robbie Williams. I liked him but I wasn't a huge fan so I politely listened as she enthused about his songs and played them. Then she went off to the bathroom and left his album playing and this song came on. It was like a lightening bolt. It said exactly what I needed to hear. The experience was so powerful that I just burst into tears. I realised that I really did need to start living again. I wanted to love where I was rather than always wishing I was somewhere else and that it was all about my own perspective and what I was doing...not what anyone else thought. The next year I started university despite everyone telling me that I couldn't do it, and it has changed everything. It's all about being true to yourself.....the real you inside that can't wear the masks that you can put on your public face.

YouTube - ‪Robbie Williams - Feel (Lyrics)‬‏

(I deliberately chose audio only because I felt that the video was a distraction from the meaning)
Lady Ice...your story and song are so moving...it's amazing how as humans we have such an ability to love yet we withdraw so much with the pain of life...and in the process we become apathetic unable to feel. It's almost like we are frozen in a state of hypothermia...

And then...that moment hits us and something shatters that hole in the ice and sends a dagger right to our heart...we then intensely feel everything at once and realize what we had been missing...how precious this life is...how much we need to grasp and take hold of everything before it's too late.

Music and sharing our souls bring us together...the connection of understanding warms our hearts and we realize we are not alone in this life...that we have so much to share and give to others.

"We will make a brand new start, From the pieces of our hearts, The break of day is before us,
Cast your sorrows to the wind, Let the highway take us in, As we escape the disorder"

YouTube - ‪Alter Bridge - Brand New Start + Lyrics‬‏

Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 PM

449 posts, read 515,586 times
Lykke Li - Velvet

YouTube - ‪Lykke Li - Velvet (The Big Pink Cover) [HQ]‬‏

Old 07-03-2011, 06:52 PM

52,622 posts, read 47,825,177 times
Blue Boy - Jim Reeves

YouTube - ‪Jim Reeves - Blue Boy‬‏

Tumbling Tumbleweeds - Sons Of The Pioneers

YouTube - ‪Sons of the Pioneers - Tumbling Tumbleweeds‬‏

One Friend - Dan Seals

YouTube - ‪Dan Seals - One Friend‬‏

I Don't Believe I'll Fall In Love Today - Warren Smith

YouTube - ‪Warren Smith - I Don't Believe I'll Fall In Love Today‬‏

Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 PM

4,493 posts, read 6,305,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Lady Ice...your story and song are so moving...it's amazing how as humans we have such an ability to love yet we withdraw so much with the pain of life...and in the process we become apathetic unable to feel. It's almost like we are frozen in a state of hypothermia...

And then...that moment hits us and something shatters that hole in the ice and sends a dagger right to our heart...we then intensely feel everything at once and realize what we had been missing...how precious this life is...how much we need to grasp and take hold of everything before it's too late.

Music and sharing our souls bring us together...the connection of understanding warms our hearts and we realize we are not alone in this life...that we have so much to share and give to others.
Thank you so much for saying this Lyra. You have described the feeling perfectly.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:59 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times

YouTube - ‪Life On The Run - Dierks Bentley‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.