Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times

Advertisements

^^^ I've seen them. And they're worth seeing again.

Happy Friday and TGIF to all of you. Hope your day is going as good as can be.

And I don't have to tell you that toes go in first, do I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 05:20 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,791,914 times
Default Have a Great Weekend With Music!

Hello everyone....TGIF!!! I hope you all will have a happy and very pleasant weekend.

Enjoy.
Living For The Weekend - O'Jays.

The O'Jays Livin' For the Weekend - YouTube

Old 10-07-2011, 06:35 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
There is new song on radioit has like a hippie modern vibe to iur t I know it isnt much the dj's havent announced who it .. Any know what I am talking about.

Remember in post 1092 I mention I was going to get Adam Tyler first album & tshirt he was selling well anyway my Pookie decides he going to get it for me for our Anniversary. And something about when Adam gets back from the Uk he going to personalize something.
This has me ecstatic. I never been a groupie but I love this artist music and only been listening for about a month. I love sound of his voice and feel like I am being a part of the next best thing.

Anyways I was going to get Pookie same thing even though he already downloaded is songs from itunes it kinda throws a wrench in what I was going to get him for Anniversary & his birthday the day after.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:06 PM

Thumbs up Happy Hump Day

Holy grits, it's happened again! It's Hump Day in the neighborhood once again. Just a few short days more, and we will be at another fine weekend. This morning, my area saw some thunderstorms, and there was this great big lightning show hovering about the place where I live. It was quite a sight on the way to work. Hope you got some nice rain where you are. If you didn't, well, just be patient; it'll come. For now, we've got music for you on this forum. And these threads all await your pleasure while we bring you great tunes, commentary, and a little trivia.

It's the middle of the week....................on the way to the weekend!

Old 10-12-2011, 04:20 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,791,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Holy grits, it's happened again! It's Hump Day in the neighborhood once again. Just a few short days more, and we will be at another fine weekend. This morning, my area saw some thunderstorms, and there was this great big lightning show hovering about the place where I live. It was quite a sight on the way to work. Hope you got some nice rain where you are. If you didn't, well, just be patient; it'll come. For now, we've got music for you on this forum. And these threads all await your pleasure while we bring you great tunes, commentary, and a little trivia.

It's the middle of the week....................on the way to the weekend!
Thanks case44, same to you too. We got a little rain today, no light show, just damp, gray and a little gloomy. But, I do wait patiently for a good T-Storm.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 AM

Default Happy Friday / A Few Words / Change

My goodness, we've just about hit another weekend, haven't we? It's Friday. TGIF!

A few words, first of all. Thanks to a number of you for your kind words from some recent postings I've made here and there. I appreciate your contributions, too, so thanks so much for taking time to listen to a few songs, especially those little surprises. I plan to take a little time later on and listen to your things (I do that, anyway, but I just need to do it more). If there's a song you haven't heard in a while or there's a surprise, like I've said before, chances are, you will find it in a thread near you.

Secondly, I'm going to end one tradition and begin another. A concern had been expressed on one of our threads, and it moved me to make a decision. On our "....w/feeling" thread that is so popular, I think Gerania brought up a great point. We have gotten away, in many instances, from the original concept of the thread that Shadow Caver had intended when it began two years ago. Because of my passion for classic country, I had made posts on practically a daily basis for the past two years there, and it reflected my love for the genre plus the great feelings that associate with me personally. What was good about it was it became a tradition for me. The bad thing is, it became a tradition for me. I won't apologize for participating in and contributing to that thread, but I need to make a change with my repertoire. I feel I haven't done a very good job in commentary or expressing my feelings often enough about the songs I brought to you. My feeling was that the music should speak for itself, and it should. So, beginning tomorrow morning, my Country Gold posts that you have been seeing on "...w/feeling" will shift over to the "Classic Country" thread, as it is more fitting from a genre standpoint. Now, please don't misunderstand this. I don't wish to abandon "....w/feeling" altogether, but my priorities with that thread just need to change, as I should go on there only when it's necessary and when the time is right. Those of you loyal listeners and readers need not panic. You'll still have your Country Gold; it will just have a new home.

So, let's have a great weekend. And toes go in first!

Old 10-19-2011, 02:20 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,557,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
Hello everyone....TGIF!!! I hope you all will have a happy and very pleasant weekend.

Enjoy.
Living For The Weekend - O'Jays.

The O'Jays Livin' For the Weekend - YouTube

Good song. It'll be appropriate when we get there.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:21 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,557,091 times
I thought I'd get you people in the mood for Halloween. A little pumpkin interlude for you......

The Pumpkin Song - YouTube

Old 10-19-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
I thought I'd get you people in the mood for Halloween. A little pumpkin interlude for you......

Actually, I'm looking ahead to Thanksgiving.

But, at least, a pumpkin is burnt orange, so.............Hook 'em, Horns!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:57 PM

Thumbs up Hump Day - Make It A Good One!

It's Hump Day in this place we call Musicland. Hope it's going well for all of you this week. It's getting cooler out there, and that means I'll have to once again stock up on some packets to make hot chocolate. And I'll have to do that after I finish.................................the last of my lemonade!

So enjoy your day and stop by and take a listen to some great stuff we've got here today. We're just full of surprises here, aren't we?

It's the middle of the week..................on the way to the weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music