Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 07:02 PM

3,551 posts, read 2,532,396 times

Advertisements

Had a metal station in my city in the late 80s early 90s, mostly they played the hit music of the day like Tesla, Poison, Winger, etc. One day I turned it on in the car, the format had changed overnight to country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 09:35 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,396 times
I wanted to invite everyone at the forum to National Dance Day:

Dizzy Feet Foundation – National Dance Day

next Saturday on July 29, 2017. And celebrate anyway you'd like, but I was asking people at this forum to drop by and post some of their favorite dance songs. Also, I will be bumping up my series of "dance tune" threads. Additionally, I will have a surprise for the forum... therefore, as they used to say in the 80s... be there or be square.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:08 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
I wonder if anyone remembers when rock music and heavy metal were on the radio. Cause i remember back during the 80's early 90's. I miss those days.
Radio and record executives have basically declared war on the genre in the last five years.

Old 09-07-2017, 04:22 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Unhappy Breaking News

I don't know how to tell y'all this, but....

.... we may be facing the end of an era on Music. If you've taken a look at many of our threads this morning, you'll notice a disclaimer on all the YouTube embeds which says that these embeds are no longer supported. Not sure if this is a City-Data thing or a YouTube decision, but in any event, this affects all of our posters' abilities to share songs and all types of music literature with the world. It had been a great run for all these years here on Music, for the ability to substantiate the rich history of music with artists who play and/or sing these melodies, as well as the instrumentalists who work their magic. These embeds added to any type of discussion done here. I know some folks hated them because many of us used them with regularity, but any substantiation of all kinds of music (This, by the way, affects TV and movie clips, too) is now taken away, so the physical aspect can no longer be presented. The changes were spotted this morning, and it doesn't look like it's going to change.

I'll still be around, but things in the here and now are going to be very different.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I don't know how to tell y'all this, but....

.... we may be facing the end of an era on Music. If you've taken a look at many of our threads this morning, you'll notice a disclaimer on all the YouTube embeds which says that these embeds are no longer supported. Not sure if this is a City-Data thing or a YouTube decision, but in any event, this affects all of our posters' abilities to share songs and all types of music literature with the world. It had been a great run for all these years here on Music, for the ability to substantiate the rich history of music with artists who play and/or sing these melodies, as well as the instrumentalists who work their magic. These embeds added to any type of discussion done here. I know some folks hated them because many of us used them with regularity, but any substantiation of all kinds of music (This, by the way, affects TV and movie clips, too) is now taken away, so the physical aspect can no longer be presented. The changes were spotted this morning, and it doesn't look like it's going to change.

I'll still be around, but things in the here and now are going to be very different.
Oh, shucks! And just when more Prince videos became available.

Finally... Prince!

But with all kidding aside, so far, this appears to only be an issue with the Internet Explorer browser. Chrome, Opera and Firefox don't have this issue. Although, this seems to fit with the facts because I find IE to be the most annoying and the most outdated web browser of them all.

Also, I wanted to say that the way that IE is set up, you can still embed the videos in City-Data threads, but you just have to watch them on YouTube.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Oh, shucks! And just when more Prince videos became available.

Finally... Prince!

But with all kidding aside, so far, this appears to only be an issue with the Internet Explorer browser. Chrome, Opera and Firefox don't have this issue. Although, this seems to fit with the facts because I find IE to be the most annoying and the most outdated web browser of them all.

Also, I wanted to say that the way that IE is set up, you can still embed the videos in City-Data threads, but you just have to watch them on YouTube.

The problem is, they can be embedded, but you can't really see what they are and play them right there. That's a huge problem when they can't be of any use on this website anymore. And then, what will the point be?? If IE can fix this, then great, but I don't see it happening.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
The problem is, they can be embedded, but you can't really see what they are and play them right there. That's a huge problem when they can't be of any use on this website anymore. And then, what will the point be?? If IE can fix this, then great, but I don't see it happening.
It sounds like you need to update your IE browser to the latest version because I can see what the embedded videos are on IE on my computer:

However, to avoid the problem altogether, why not start using Opera or Firefox or some other browser? Or at least when you're at City-Data.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
It sounds like you need to update your IE browser to the latest version because I can see what the embedded videos are on IE on my computer:

However, to avoid the problem altogether, why not start using Opera or Firefox or some other browser? Or at least when you're at City-Data.
I've seen reports that it doesn't work on Firefox, either. I'm not even sure if upgrading IE is going to help, as well.

Don't be surprised if this is a Google issue, as they run YouTube. Might be some kind of an internal decision.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:23 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,272,185 times
Lady Gaga just in TIFF ....Toronto Film Festival for her documentary "Five Foot Two".

Only problem is Lady G is lucky if she's five foot,
though Five Foot Two sounds better

Old 09-08-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I've seen reports that it doesn't work on Firefox, either. I'm not even sure if upgrading IE is going to help, as well.

Don't be surprised if this is a Google issue, as they run YouTube. Might be some kind of an internal decision.
Last chance to upgrade IE or switch browsers as Microsoft's mandate looms

Browser download | Opera browsers & mobile apps | Opera

Chrome Browser download
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music