Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,546,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
OK I found this one idiot who was out and about during the storm,
Hahaha ... hey i went surfing during a florida hurricane a couple of years back as the winds were howling at around 110 MPH as someone filmed me in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydBcGTZzH4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 05:47 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,081,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
Hahaha ... hey i went surfing during a florida hurricane a couple of years back as the winds were howling at around 110 MPH as someone filmed me in it

what

I remember there was a lot of that going on down there while I was there.

I've got a little daredevil in me, growing up on dirt bikes and 3 wheelers

but no way I'd go surfing in 110 MPH winds.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:58 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,538,634 times
Quote:

WOOHOO 6 FOOT 3....This has been a dream of my husband's for quite some time & YOU DID IT...What a thrill it must of been!!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:34 AM

52,607 posts, read 47,791,447 times
Default It's Another TGIF

Hi, everyone! Welcome to Friday, and I hope everybody has one great day wherever you might be. I'm stuck here at home today because some snow has fallen over the remaining patches of ice from the other day here in Dallas-Fort Worth, so my grocery shopping will have to wait. My temperatures are still in the 20s and we won't be above freezing until sometime tomorrow. So, with that said, I'll be here throughout the day just hoping to entertain you with some great music on some of these fine threads.

And please take time to enjoy all the other posts going on, too. Enjoy your day today, and remember,.......

Toes go in first!

Old 02-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:

but no way I'd go surfing in 110 MPH winds.
Haha ... well try just standing on land much less on the board with winds at 110 MPH

Old 02-04-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
WOOHOO 6 FOOT 3....This has been a dream of my husband's for quite some time & YOU DID IT...What a thrill it must of been!!!!
Yeap it was a thrill indeed especially when the giant wave came crashing down on me although as you could see i came out of it in crusing along in high gear

Old 02-05-2011, 07:17 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,538,634 times
Quote:
Yeap it was a thrill indeed especially when the giant wave came crashing down on me although as you could see i came out of it in crusing along in high gear
At least you have lived through one of your dream things to do.

I admire your free and trusting spirit. Don't stop reaching for the stars in goals you set for yourself. You are a daredevil indeed!!! I think being inside of the wave (I forget what they call it) stopped the wind from blowing you away!!!

You deserve a gold star for your accomplishment!!!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:33 PM

52,607 posts, read 47,791,447 times
Happy weekend, everybody!

Old 02-05-2011, 11:20 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,467,874 times
Quote:
Glad to hear everything's okay Ozgal

Pitt, I was in Albany, NY then and I don't remember that storm. Granted I turned 7 in 1972

I lived in S Florida from 1999 until 2007 and I witnessed many near misses an then came Wilma.

a category 5 storm, dropped to a 3 when it was over my house in Davie, our apartment had hurricane shutters, and it held up pretty well, but some of my neighbors had the roofs collapse or there cars flip over.

My Mom was a snow bird (lived in upstate NY in the Summer) and she spent her winters in Davie Fl in a senior citizen trailer park (the nicest trailer park I'd ever seen), I'd guess 150 of the 200 trailers in the place were totaled during Hurricane Wilma, my Moms included.

we went without power for 10 days and many went 3 weeks, palm trees and telephone poles and power lines littered all of the streets, most streets were closed.

Fun stuff

OK I found this one idiot who was out and about during the storm, and here's his account.

Hurricane Wilma Video News - Stock Photos, Radar, Satellite Image and Storm Chase Account
I was 15 during Agnes....the water had climbed to 41 feet and was just washing over the deck of a large bridge in Pittston....then a huge pile of debris smashed into the deck....it flipped up out of the water...it was a house flattened out which rose up somewhat intact "looking" before it disentigrated....then smashed half of one of the bridge piers off.

In Wilkes-Barre the Susquehanna river took a 4 lane bridge deck....all 6 plus spans and pushed it down to the next bridge....with lightpoles still intact.....absolutely incredible and terrifying.

I was in Sarasota for Wilma...we lost a few large Oak tree limbs but no house damage.....I'd hate to go thru the winds of a strong hurricane.....scary....Agnes was just days of tropical/torrential rains.

Thanx for the link.......Downtown Wilkes-Barre had 20 feet of water, here's a picture of the city.....long after the hurricane>>>>>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...oto-20119.html

The bridge in the center of the photo is the replacement bridge for the destroyed one..

Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,467,874 times
Quote:
LOL...I'm still afraid to even go in the water in Sarasota.....and I've lived here 20 plus years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music