Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:11 PM

165 posts, read 555,352 times

Advertisements

Doh !!!!!! You ever watch her sitcom ? I think it's worse then her singing !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 01:34 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
So what songs do you guys loath and make youturn the station quicker then lightening ?
Anything by Jethro Tull.

Anything by Chicago. (The sound of eunuchs singing.)

Anything by Air Supply. (The sound of eunuchs weeping.)

"White Pill" by Jefferson Airplane.

"Imagine" by John Lennon.

"Money" by Pink Floyd.

"From A Distance" by Bette Midler. (A greeting card set to muzak.)

Old 07-03-2007, 10:08 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Gasolina by Daddy Yankee

Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Mark S.....I actually love Chicago and "From A Distance". I usually like soft music so I have a big liking of contemporary female country singers and girly pop even though I'm not gay. I make up for it by liking violent action movies and violent military/spy novels. You'll probably hate them but I really like SHeDAISY, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Swift.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:21 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
I hate Billy Joel's song about the river of life... something like... go walkin in the... go walkin in the ... go walkin in the... I hate that!!!!

I also hate that song about Jack and Diane.
Yeah, I agree, and Im a Billy Joel fan. Anything pre-1990 Billy Joel was great, after that he went downhill. Same goes for Phil Collins.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:34 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Actually, it was a song originally called "Pass the Kutichie" by Might Diamonds, but I understand Musical Youth's record label didn't think it would be appropriate for teens to sing this, so they changed the lyrics a bit. But sure enough people transferred the meaning of kutchie to dutchie, and so it goes - here is an exerpt from the original song:

Pass the Kutchie Mighty Diamonds

Pass the kutchie pon the lef' hand side
Pass the kutchie pon the lef' hand side
It a go bun, it a go dung, Jah know

It was a cool and lovely breezy afternoon
(How does it feel when you've got no herb ?)
You could feel it 'cause it was the month of June
(If you got no herb you will walk an' talk)
So I lef' my gate and went out for a walk
As I pass the dreadlocks' camp I hear them say
(How do dey sing when you heard dem sing ?)
You know WAY too much about that song.... I'm gonna start H8ing you in a few if you don't stop it.....

Anyway, cool info, STILL hate the song...

Old 07-03-2007, 10:59 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Mark I usually like soft music so I have a big liking of contemporary female country singers and girly pop even though I'm not gay.
LOL! No. If you had said you listen to Cher and Liza Minelli, I might have thought you were gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
You'll probably hate them but I really like SHeDAISY, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Swift.
I've honestly never listened to them. Carrie Underwood is the only one I've even heard of, and I can't name a single one of her songs. But my taste in country tends toward the older stuff. Country became pop in the '80s and lost me.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:17 PM

165 posts, read 555,352 times
" I hope you still feel small, when you stand beside the ocean, When one door closes, I hope one more opens " You must have heard that song.
I agree with you guys on the Billy Joel thing. I think he realises it now, because when I saw him in concert last yr. He didn't play anything above 89"

Old 07-03-2007, 05:49 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Excuse Me !!!! I don't know how old you are Ohio Girl, But Billy Joel was one of the best at song writing and performance. Captain Jack is practically his second anthem aside from piano man. For alot of us, It's just one of those songs played at a party, and everyone knows the words to, and belts it out holding their drinks. Billy Rules !!!!!!!
so ..... let me get this straight ...... if you are drinking.... the song is great?

What's so bad about wanting some "alone time" with Capt. Jack.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Default Songs you absolutely hate and can't stand

"You light up my life" by Debbie Boone
It was too overplayyed for too long...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music