Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 10:24 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Screamer View Post
Fail for posting that in a heavy metal thread. Double fail for posting a song with a main riff that isn't even original. For that matter, Black Mountain Side isn't original either.

Try again.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm thrashing out to Deathhammer.

Deathhammer - Onward to the Pits (20012) FULL ALBUM - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Now about that all original "speed picking".....

Guess the kids never heard Ted say "hit this" "hit that one boys"...etc...etc...

WAAAAAAY before Van Halen (self titled) debut 1978.

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold (Motor City Mayhem) - YouTube
How is Ted Nugent even relevant? As far as I know, he never blatantly stole riffs or song lyrics from lesser known artists. Are you so hurt I don't like your beloved Zeppelin, that you're going to bring it up in every thread here? So lame.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 PM

253 posts, read 706,244 times
Just proved you don't know squat about playing a guitar and have half deaf ears....is all.

The Who - Boris the Spider - YouTube

Pantera - Mouth For War (Official Video) - YouTube

Now if you will excuse me....I don't have any diapers......

Old 12-29-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Just proved you don't know squat about playing a guitar and have half deaf ears....is all.

The Who - Boris the Spider - YouTube

Pantera - Mouth For War (Official Video) - YouTube

Now if you will excuse me....I don't have any diapers......
You didn't prove anything. You just made it apparent how emotional you got over somebody not agreeing with you. It's bothering you to the point that you're carrying it into other threads. I'm not sure whether to laugh or face palm.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
You didn't prove anything. You just made it apparent how emotional you got over somebody not agreeing with you. It's bothering you to the point that you're carrying it into other threads. I'm not sure whether to laugh or face palm.
We'll just laugh at you. We're old guys...

Led Zeppelin - Communication Breakdown (Live 1970) - YouTube

Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation - YouTube

Old 12-29-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32794559-post18.html

Old 12-29-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Oh lord, you're one of those people.....

Well, put it this way, in the guitar world it all had to come from somewhere. I don't see it as wrong really.

If you believe Robert Johnson had a Marshall with flanger and or phase shifter...you're a bigger fool than those Zep bashing fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=culfA8HJwJA

Don't worry about that punk and scratching chalkboard metal....nobody would dream of copying it.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:23 PM

Invisible - Dio - YouTube

This link works

Old 12-29-2013, 11:33 PM

Breakng All The Rules [No Rest For The Wicked] Ozzy Osbourne - YouTube

Thanks Mr. Page, Mr. Van Halen and Mr. Hendrix........

Old 12-29-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Oh lord, you're one of those people.....

Well, put it this way, in the guitar world it all had to come from somewhere. I don't see it as wrong really.

If you believe Robert Johnson had a Marshall with flanger and or phase shifter...you're a bigger fool than those Zep bashing fans.

Dio - Invisible (Lyrics on screen) - YouTube

Don't worry about that punk and scratching chalkboard metal....nobody would dream of copying it.
You conveniently failed to address the question raised in that post. Until you do, everything else you say means absolutely nothing. I'm not the one who made a big deal out of it. You're the one that felt the need to drag the topic into other threads.

And where did I make any comment about Delta blues musicians having flanger and phase shifters? You can't address what was stated, so you have to pull out a strawman. Lame.

See if you can comprehend this, ok? Zeppelin stole RIFFS and SONG LYRICS, regardless of the differences in technology between decades. You can not refute that, and you won't even address it directly for that matter.

Also, there's no point in carrying this conversation on. First of all, you carried it in from another thread because you were obviously emo about it. Secondly, you have done nothing to address the actual statements made. Fail, fail, fail.

I'm not paying you any attention anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music