U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:35 PM

165 posts, read 511,171 times

Advertisements

We all have music that we like, that our piers and friends would lauph at you for. Music that we'd be embarressed to play infront of others that we really like. For instance, a good part of my group of friends listen to alternitive and heavy metal. I listen to Jam bands and stuff they never would even consider listening to because it's , "Not Cool"
What music do you like that your piers and friends would dis own you for listening to ? Mine are Kenny Rogers, Niel Dimond and Barry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 11:13 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,111,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
We all have music that we like, that our piers and friends would lauph at you for. Music that we'd be embarressed to play infront of others that we really like. For instance, a good part of my group of friends listen to alternitive and heavy metal. I listen to Jam bands and stuff they never would even consider listening to because it's , "Not Cool"
What music do you like that your piers and friends would dis own you for listening to ? Mine are Kenny Rogers, Niel Dimond and Barry.
Probably Beck, Ben Folds Five (KILL ME!), and Yes, among many others, but I am not concerned about being "Cool" in front of my friends, I don't really hang with that crowd.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:31 PM

51 posts, read 116,359 times
I have Donny Osmond's three most recent discs.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:51 PM

Hey, Donny can sing !!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 07:32 PM

6,399 posts, read 11,522,393 times
I'm a young heterosexual guy so I'm embarassed sometimes to admit I like the Backstreet Boys and really girly music like Hilary Duff, Jessica Simpson, Avril Lavigne Jessica Andrews, SHeDAISY, and Taylor Swift. I really love girl country singers who straddle that fine line between country music and pop. People think its less weird when I like more mature female singers like Shania Twain and Martina McBride but most people can't believe I listen to Taylor Swift, SHeDAISY and Hilary Duff especially Hilary Duff.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:33 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,937,523 times
"suck it in man, suck it in..." Bread, the best of Bread ... there,... absolutely the completely opposite of what I usually listen to... thank God I'm not on the internet...

Old 07-08-2007, 04:48 PM

Yeah !!! I know. The thing is, Iv'e read about some heavy metal bands that actually listen to bands like Bread, The Carpenters, Air supply. We have to remember. Their music is their Career. Thats how they make a living. But they listen to other music venues besides their own. I have a friend thats a metal head. I guess either Motley Crew or Poison did a version of Tuesday's gone by the Allman Bros. And I asked him had he ever heard the Allmans version of it. " Yeah,.....It sucks...... It's to mellow." So I asked him why he liked Poisons or Motely Crews version better. " Because they rock !!!!!" So I said, " Obviously, Your band thiks the Allman Bros. Rock if they did a cover of that song. " " No !!!! Heavy Metal Bands don't listen to Rock bands like that. Because their metal and Rocks Wimpy." I'm thinking to myself, How Errogant is this guy ?
My point of this whole conversation is just because a band plays a certain kind of music, doesn't mean that they don't like other music besides what the play. I listen to everything from Classical to Matallica. Just like you like bread, which is totally opisite of what your usual music is.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 PM

2,737 posts, read 2,236,454 times
Ann and Nancy. Yeah baby!!

YouTube - ‪Heart- Never‬‏

YouTube - ‪Barracuda- Heart‬‏

YouTube - ‪Heart- If Looks Could Kill‬‏

Old 06-25-2011, 08:59 PM

2,737 posts, read 2,236,454 times
I'd like to be the meat in that sandwich...mmmk! LMAO

YouTube - ‪Heart - Magic Man‬‏

Old 06-25-2011, 09:00 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,821,306 times

YouTube - ‪Otis Redding-Sitting on the dock of the bay‬‏

The pier hates this song so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or