U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 04:43 PM

1,756 posts, read 3,906,562 times

Advertisements

The word "hate" to me sounds stupid when it's used in a way that doesn't make sense.

Who in hell say's that a person should be called a hater when that person expressed themselves when they say they don't like something that the other person like and their not saying anything bad about. Especially, if their telling that person that is saying "hater" of why they don't like it and gave their intellectual thoughts on why they don't like it.

And when you tell them why the only thing that person can say is "hater" LOL!

And as for these rappers usin' the word "hater"...who really hates these rapper anyway? If these rappers are so "hard" then why are they worried about someone hating them? If they stop saying hate then maybe people will stop hating them. Otherwise, they more they keep on saying that people hate them then the more people are going to hate them all their(rappers) doing is adding fuel to the fire instead of letting the fire go out by itself.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:04 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,945,239 times
Rap isn't music. Move this thread to the noise section.

:^/

Old 11-16-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Rap isn't music. Move this thread to the noise section.

:^/
LOL, true.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:23 PM

664 posts, read 695,579 times
why isn't rap music?

*waits for the answer*

Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
why isn't rap music?

*waits for the answer*
Rap is with a bunch of artist that just put in the same words over and over again and to have it just backed up with the best beats, which that's what rap artists do which by having the beats carry them instead of their lyrics carrying the beats.

While Hip-Hop is a true art form, it takes lyrical skill and knowledge of what's really going on rather than the supericial world of matarialistic and money. Although the rich life is real it's just that so many of today's rappers just shove it to people to except that like it's theonly thing in life which it isn't, nothing wrong about talking matarialistic things along with money but too much is too much and theres a need for balance between that and real true knowledge.

Let me give a short example;

Lil Wayne= Rap

Common= Hip Hop

Old 11-16-2010, 06:56 PM

664 posts, read 695,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Rap is with a bunch of artist that just put in the same words over and over again and to have it just backed up with the best beats, which that's what rap artists do which by having the beats carry them instead of their lyrics carrying the beats.

While Hip-Hop is a true art form, it takes lyrical skill and knowledge of what's really going on rather than the supericial world of matarialistic and money. Although the rich life is real it's just that so many of today's rappers just shove it to people to except that like it's theonly thing in life which it isn't, nothing wrong about talking matarialistic things along with money but too much is too much and theres a need for balance between that and real true knowledge.

Let me give a short example;

Lil Wayne= Rap

Common= Hip Hop

oh ok i got you now. i was like what in the world? LOLLLLLLLLL i love Common, Tupac, Scarface, Eminem, and some others. i don't like these new artist.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 AM

6,837 posts, read 7,893,740 times
Nobody will even know who the majority of these rappers are in 20 years from now, so who cares?

Only true talent stands the test of time. The majority of the music is garbage. And that goes for most of the junk being released today, not just rap.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:26 AM

23,747 posts, read 65,851,373 times
I don't know who the majority of them are today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or