Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 08:37 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
..ok im done with record sales talk. Back to the music and the magic that is: Michael Jackson.
When i told beatles fans theres too many classics under michaels voice. A song like this is what i had in mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEAp2YaaL3c

Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Quote:
Yea i flunked math, especially after i told u they were his sales as a solo artist.
Oh...I see. So then to be fair we ought to include Lennon, McCartney, Ringo, and Harrison's solo albums as well. Right?

Quote:
He single handely destroyed the music industry because he was so talented
Gee...you really have a man crush on this dead guy, don't you?

But that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a very long time!

Too bad you've missed a LOT of great music and bands...LOL!

Quote:
He is easy the most recognizable figure of the past 100 years
I guess if you actually could recognize him from one day to the next??? He changed quite a bid you know....

Quote:
He has given away 500million to charity
...and died in debt too.

Quote:
His funeral was the most watched event in human history eclipsing princes diana, neil armstrong, president obama... and his funeral was on a work day...thats crazy.
LOL.....absolutely delusional!

Top 5 Most Watched Television Events in Human History

Not even in the top 5

Old 12-13-2010, 08:59 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Oh...I see. So then to be fair we ought to include Lennon, McCartney, Ringo, and Harrison's solo albums as well. Right?

I guess if you actually could recognize him from one day to the next??? He changed quite a bid you know....

...and died in debt too.

Not even in the top 5
I would make a lengthy post to dispute this but i can narrow it doWn to- " POST MUSIC OR STFUP...SERIOUSLY

Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Michale Jackson(RIP)

mas23

Old 12-13-2010, 09:26 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Take your ball and go home now.

BTW......go here here to hear all The Beatles you want: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...e+Beatles&aq=f

Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
i can live with that.

fast forward to 3:30.. Nobody moves like that NOBODY!!! one of the greatest performances of all time.

I do like Michaels moves but they were sure good when they were done by James Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDrJ5Z2rKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqDB2spyG0

I got to see him in the 90's and he was still great!

I see a lot of Sammy in MJs moves also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Luf...eature=related

Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I do like Michaels moves but they were sure good when they were done by James Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDrJ5Z2rKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqDB2spyG0

I got to see him in the 90's and he was still great!

I see a lot of Sammy in MJs moves also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Luf...eature=related
hilgi, there was only 1 james brown brown move i saw in that performance. James brown didnt do half of what MJ did in that performance. out of respect for james brown i wont get into how much better MJ was than him, but nobody moves like michael jackson.

NOBODY comes close. there isnt 1 video on tv where singers are dancing where there isnt a MJ trademark in it. and nobody out right now has the overall talent MJ had

chris brown: a dancer that cant sing
ciara: a dancer that cant sing
usher: i singer that cant dance anymore
ne-yo: so so a both
beyonce: singer that cant dance
justin timberlake: a singer that cant dance (too choreographed)
justin beiber: not good at either
jason derulo: a dancer that cant sing
lady gaga: a singer that cant dance ( and yes she has stated MJ is her biggest influence).

MJ came around at a time when u HAD to have talent in order to be seen or heard. even as a kid MJ would out-sing most adults. as a teenager he was the best dancer on the planet. anytime u have to teach choregraphers how to move.. u are the sh*t. he never missed a beat. I GLOBAL ICON. congress paused for a moment of silence in honor of Michael Jackson... thats unheard of!!!!

MJ has been all over TV in the past few days. his movie, cd's video games (his 2nd video game) ...so yea ..MJ ALL DAY, EVERYDAY.. I dont even know why im still debating this with beatles fans

Old 12-13-2010, 10:45 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post

...and died in debt too.

Not even in the top 5
post their album sales.. they didnt have as much success as solo artists at MJ..thats a fact

His skin tone may have changed, but we still know who MICHAEL JACKSON
is.

How do u know he died in debt?? there asre numerous sources that dispute ur false accusations. dont forget he did own the beatles music, so calling him broke is pretty much claiming the beatles to be worthless. he was at least a billionare.

"According to official news sources around the world, the event exceeded 2.5 billion viewers, making it the most watched live television broadcast of the history of humanity worldwide, surpassing the level of viewing in the television broadcast of the Apollo 11 space mission in July 1969, until then considered the live television broadcast with highest worldwide audience"

Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 PM

912 posts, read 827,134 times
as a classical pianist, my view of MJ vrs Beatles is simple. They were both great however
MJ writing style or developement was not as musical as lennon or McCartney.
MJ construction was almost contrived in effort. An effort that worked, but none the less somewhat contrived. More overall musical flow to beatles, no comparrison. The structure of a piece was ingrained into MJ at early age, a kind of recipe. When he steers away from it , very little happens. Just a wisper of a tease to suggest theres some substance. Beatles were creative in style without loosing effect. MJ no . MJ had an unusual ability to dramatize, bubble gum and
decieve the listener. Bubble gum as U know cannot be listened to , repeatedly. Thats the telling aspect of MJ vrs Beatles. Well organized hype.....compared to flowing music.
A person may enjoy MJ, in fact I enjoy quite a bit of it, but the fact is Lennon and McCartney both individually had volumes of raw musical talent, compared to MJ"s "notebook"....no question

Last edited by Blue Hue; 12-13-2010 at 11:26 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
hilgi, there was only 1 james brown brown move i saw in that performance. James brown didnt do half of what MJ did in that performance. out of respect for james brown i wont get into how much better MJ was than him, but nobody moves like michael jackson.

NOBODY comes close. there isnt 1 video on tv where singers are dancing where there isnt a MJ trademark in it. and nobody out right now has the overall talent MJ had
MJ did do a lot of good Choreographed moves but JB had the best groove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music