U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-14-2010, 12:17 AM

912 posts, read 358,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
a professional music listener. What is your issue with MJ??
Thats going off topic....Its Beatles vrs MJ....MJ is NOT in the same league
I never knew MJ....so I can't have an issue with him...although his music is
manipulated...intentionally...It will NEVER be listened to in 75 years ...Beatle melody will......That SOLVES the issue of this thread
MJ music wears thin quickly ....just like bubble gum....did u try the test ?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:19 AM

1,771 posts, read 1,824,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Don't get me wrong...I enjoy alot of his stuff.....BUT, his stuff is well
put together "jingle material" ...its not the real thing....cause when U
play it....it gets on your nerves after 6-7 times in a day......good stuff doesn't do that...I'm talking about listening to one mj piece 7-10 times in a row....try it you'll see ..MJ music is bubble gum to the core
like how "come together" is a jingle for at&t??

Old 12-14-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
manipulated...intentionally...It will NEVER be listened to in 75 years ...Beatle melody will......That SOLVES the issue of this thread
honestly, my test started 2years ago 85% of what i've listened to is michael jackson. and this was before he died. i've been a MJ fan all my life, but for some reason back in 2008 i just started listenin to MJ non-stop and i havent gotten tired of it yet.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 AM

6,521 posts, read 4,130,033 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong...I enjoy alot of his stuff.....BUT, his stuff is well
put together "jingle material" ...its not the real thing....cause when U
play it....it gets on your nerves after 6-7 times in a day......good stuff doesn't do that...I'm talking about listening to one mj piece 7-10 times in a row....try it you'll see ..MJ music is bubble gum to the core
Interesting you should say that. When I was loading my new phone with songs, I had just downloaded some MJ albums and not a lot else so MJ kept playing over and over. After a few days I had to delete all but about 4 or 5 of his songs, now I have about 1,800 other songs on it so all is good.

After listening to something like this, it is hard to follow it up with pop, even good pop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmmFKu4FEbc

Talk about changing music, Louis influenced everyone.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
like how "come together" is a jingle for at&t??
Good one , but u goofed. Beatle stuff lives on ...thanks for the proof.
It wouldn't be classified as a jingle because it was not written for the
advertisement....nice try though.
Try and imagine any of MJ music ...in an alternate ensemble.....it WOULD NOT WORK.....reason being there is NOT enough music in MJ's bubble gum
You cannot put a different wrapper on ABC gum..."already been chewed"
Beatles music can ajust to anything....its music

Old 12-14-2010, 12:42 AM

6,521 posts, read 4,130,033 times
Quote:
honestly, my test started 2years ago 85% of what i've listened to is michael jackson. and this was before he died. i've been a MJ fan all my life, but for some reason back in 2008 i just started listenin to MJ non-stop and i havent gotten tired of it yet.
I think you must like the familiarity as opposed to the actual music, most people are like that. Fans of music and musicianship seek new and better music. I have over 14,000 songs on my hard drive, yet I always look for more.

My wife listens to the same 80ís rocker bands over and over, I just donít get it.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Interesting you should say that. When I was loading my new phone with songs, I had just downloaded some MJ albums and not a lot else so MJ kept playing over and over. After a few days I had to delete all but about 4 or 5 of his songs, now I have about 1,800 other songs on it so all is good.

After listening to something like this, it is hard to follow it up with pop, even good pop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmmFKu4FEbc

Talk about changing music, Louis influenced everyone.
Good heads up.....its facinating how music evolves.....all the musicians have the advantage of style and craft of music past. Those years u speak of really triumped spirit. Theatre & Music was really on the go. Yet for the most part the economic and difficulties in life far out weighed todays deal.
Maybe things will turn around and a real talent will surface...its been a while and the doors wide open. Toms another day...thanks for the chat

Old 12-14-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I think you must like the familiarity as opposed to the actual music, most people are like that. Fans of music and musicianship seek new and better music. I have over 14,000 songs on my hard drive, yet I always look for more.

My wife listens to the same 80ís rocker bands over and over, I just donít get it.
lol, must be the familiarity huh?? Its impossible for it to be because of actual music?? thats your opinion. that maybe the reason u listen to the beatles. I can go weeks without hearing anything about the beatles. thats damn near impossible when talkin about michael jackson. ive seen or heard 4 stories about michael jackson in he last 7 days. eivis' daughter will be talkin about him tomorrow on oprah. MJ commericals all over the place, the Jackson5 comes on damn near every weekend. every singer on TV is making reference to him. so just because a beatles fan think mj MUSIC is bubble gum, it wont sway the fact that MJ IS MUSIC. Hell, MJ peformed "come together" a helluva lot better than the beatles. just face it MJ is the best ever. alot better than those boring, non-singing cats from liverpool.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:46 AM

10,695 posts, read 5,474,952 times
dude, give it up.

You're not convincing anyone, in fact you're making me never want to hear a friggen Michael Jackson song again.

You like him, we get it. Big deal.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:56 AM

14,671 posts, read 9,091,732 times
Quote:
More Beatles snobbery

The Beatles are mainly still relevant only to those who were enamored of their music during that era and those who did not live in that time but want to emulate that hippie dippie era.

Michael Jackson's music resonates because it evolved. Michael's influence reached much farther and wider than did that of The Beatles. Very few artists that are relevant today were influenced by The Beatles but most have stated that they were greatly influenced by Michael Jackson.

The Beatles were musicians. Michael Jackson was not only a musician but an entertainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music