U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-14-2010, 08:38 AM

912 posts, read 319,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
More Beatles snobbery

The Beatles are mainly still relevant only to those who were enamored of their music during that era and those who did not live in that time but want to emulate that hippie dippie era.

Michael Jackson's music resonates because it evolved. Michael's influence reached much farther and wider than did that of The Beatles. Very few artists that are relevant today were influenced by The Beatles but most have stated that they were greatly influenced by Michael Jackson.

The Beatles were musicians. Michael Jackson was not only a musician but an entertainer.
1) Sorry , did NOT grow up in Beatle era.

2) Communication as well marketing technique variance in Beatle times vrs MJ time were entirely in-comparable.

3) Every single aspect of what is being promoted, is exactly that ...financial initiative. It works now a days because theres SIMPLY
no pop music available that has HYPE- BUBBLEGUM presented by the best no-music artist this century has ever seen. MJ rant is recourse to
nothing-ness.
4) Tell me....what has grown out of MJ Baloney......?> I will answer for U...........................Garbage Rap.....................that is the "fruit" of MJ
commercialized-bubble gum- music ?
5) Theres no direction or focus in music today, so the industry is capitalizing on this and taking u back. Theres $$$ in it and NO competition.

6) The mass's are sheep generally speaking, and where there is no Alpha
there is bundles to be made.....wake up ...this is $$$ orientated.
7) In 75 years....MJ music will be filed into the ...My, sure glad I didn't live in that time..Woe what a drag in music. Overall MJ music is statement orientated in the combination and progression of illogical bridging, un-related and forced sub-themes, contrived release and a well disguised and continued copy related overtones. The MJ is a prof con job...I like alot of it...but its NOT real music ...its wafer thin. Beatle melody will be heard for centuries to come. You cannot even imagine a MJ tune in any other state than his own presentation. Thats because theres no real nucleus of music.
No real music .
BTW...if U think MJ music is special....you haven't listened to music yet.
.............EVERY ONE KNOWS THIS WHO ...KNOWS ALL MUSIC WELL

Unread 12-14-2010, 08:41 AM

3,190 posts, read 1,969,782 times
The Wall Street Journal:

Michael Jackson Estate Targets Big Debt - WSJ.com

CBS News:

King Of Pop Lived In Luxury, Died In Debt - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Unread 12-14-2010, 09:57 AM

6,511 posts, read 3,784,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
lol, must be the familiarity huh?? Its impossible for it to be because of actual music?? thats your opinion. that maybe the reason u listen to the beatles. I can go weeks without hearing anything about the beatles. thats damn near impossible when talkin about michael jackson. ive seen or heard 4 stories about michael jackson in he last 7 days. eivis' daughter will be talkin about him tomorrow on oprah. MJ commericals all over the place, the Jackson5 comes on damn near every weekend. every singer on TV is making reference to him. so just because a beatles fan think mj MUSIC is bubble gum, it wont sway the fact that MJ IS MUSIC. Hell, MJ peformed "come together" a helluva lot better than the beatles. just face it MJ is the best ever. alot better than those boring, non-singing cats from liverpool.
It is possible that it could be the music, most people do like more simplistic easy to follow music. I think it is more how it makes you feel, etc. Music brings up emotions and memories, listening to the same music over and over helps promote those good feelings.

As I have said, I donít listen to the Beatles (other than on commercials or if someone else is playing them), I have not played them myself since the mid 90ís, even then it was rare. I just got tired of hearing them everywhere all the time. I like more complex and unique music, especially music by great musicians, not just good entertainers.

You hear about MJ because that is your focus, I havenít heard a thing about him in a long time other than the Wii game. But I also see the Wii game for the Beatles and I see that just as they did for the Beatles, Cirque Du Soleil is now doing a Elvis show. MJ is to follow though.

As I keep saying, MJ, The Beatles and Elvis are all pop, good pop but pop. They arenít amazing musicians that changed how people play like Louis Armstrong or Charlie Parker did. That being said the Beatles did change the sound of rock so they will have longevity for that, MJ didnít do anything complex or revolutionary, he made great pop. I do have 5 of his songs on my Mobil MP3 player.

Unread 12-14-2010, 10:35 AM

3,012 posts, read 3,115,303 times
Beatles fans can get away with calling michael jackson "bubble-gum" music to does that dont know any better. Your not fooling anyone with your mightier-than-thou attitude. I listen to the beatles

I just finished listening to Revolver,Abbey road and Sgt pepper. And theres much of what you call"bubble-gum" to be found with the beatles. Calling mj out for sounding to pop, from a beatles fan is absolutely laughable

Furthermore after listening to those three albums I went on and listened to Off the Wall and Thriller. Mj seems to incorporate different genres, off the wall,thriller sound much more diverse and sophisticated than the three beatles albums i mentioned. On top of that the beatles are extremely mediocre singers aswell. I just dont see the supposed superior melodies or musicianship

I find a'lot of beatles tunes to be "cute" and simple lol. A song like yellow submarine on repeat would babby sit a toddler all day. Certaintly not every beatles song is like that but if your going to call mj out for bubble gum, than im going to have to expose the beatles

Most mj detractors know nothing about him as a musician

Heres for bubble gum. SMH

MJft carlos santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb6nC-DekYk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-WfTw20P-U

Unread 12-14-2010, 11:04 AM

912 posts, read 319,232 times
Your not realizing the sophistication involved in the advance of recording. The studio has come a long way since beatles....if any thing allan parsons basically made the largest dent in overall arrangement potential. Imagine.....MJ , with only the history of music and technology in the mid 60's......otherwise mj would have been larger than the beatles in the mid sixties....hardly arguable
What would u have...no where close to beatles , no way. The talent isn't there.
S wonder....had volumes more talent than MJ. MJ music is shallow, mostly technical trickery...its a craft...i think he produced his sisters sh-t...i guaranty that if you made up a useless melody or theme mj could with his ability disguise the weakness with arrangement, create a musical hype...
and u will have another..mj hype with zero substance ...its a recipe.
Nobody here shows knowledge in understanding the significance of vast amounts of experience in
the effect of forming a song...you can work at it for years and the time spent will show improvement in arrangement or presentation of the....magic.. of song.
The degree in ...magic or shown talent...doesn't change over the years it comes from within.
mj magic is 95% arrangement talent through contrived effort.. and 5% real music ability.
Beatles , in fact dozens of musicians show better. MJ expressed a desperate lack of genuine meditative wholeness to life...it will never be remembered as it inspires nothing in the self save
climbing on the wagon of artificial resolve....a band aid fix to emotion. music should plant a seed that grows ....not a distraction to failure..im not talking about the lyrics im referring to the language of the music...it represents shallow intellectual overview to life...

Last edited by Blue Hue; 12-14-2010 at 11:16 AM..

Unread 12-14-2010, 11:45 AM

3,012 posts, read 3,115,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Your not realizing the sophistication involved in the advance of recording. The studio has come a long way since beatles

i think he produced his sisters sh-t...i guaranty that if you made up a useless melody or theme mj could with his ability disguise the weakness with arrangement, create a musical hype...

and u will have another..mj hype with zero substance ...its a recipe.

mj magic is 95% arrangement talent through contrived effort.. and 5% real music ability.
Beatles , in fact dozens of musicians show better. MJ expressed a desperate lack of genuine meditative wholeness to life...it will never be remembered as it inspires nothing in the self save
climbing on the wagon of artificial resolve....a band aid fix to emotion.
music should plant a seed that grows ....not a distraction to failure..im not talking about the lyrics im referring to the language of the music...it represents shallow intellectual overview to life...

Yo dude u have absolutely no idea what your talking about. This post doesnt even make sense.

Michael had more raw talent than any of the beatles. Lol this is a guy who started as a child prodigy and grew up to become a music megastar. Way more raw talent than any beatle

What does the advancement of recording have to do with an artist vision for a song. If mike came up in the sixties he would have done his thing(musically atlest) aswell

And are u high? because the bolded is hilraious and shows a true lack of knowledge on your part with michael jackson. Your rambling but your not saying anything. Talk and provide evidence to what you say

Theres nothing forced,contrived etc about a song like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo

Unread 12-14-2010, 12:11 PM

14,461 posts, read 8,031,756 times
Bottom line....

In general, Michael Jackson fans are secure in knowing that MJ was one of the (if not the) greatest musicians and entertainers that the world will ever know. There is no snobbery or "superiority complex" needed to understand that fact.

Fans of The Beatles have a tendency to attempt to undermine/understate the accomplishments of other artists in order to assert the importance of The Beatles. Why not just accept the fact that everyone does not care for The Beatles (their sound, their performance style, etc).

I personally find their music to be very bland, self important and unenjoyable. Yet I, in my life, I have had numerous hippiee-"sque teachers/professors who were so convinced of the greatness of The Beatles that I have had to "faux fawn" over Beatles songs for various assignments (usually an English class)

MJ fans understand that everyone does not care for MJs style but we don't make a habit of insisting the way Beatles fans do.

Unread 12-14-2010, 12:16 PM

1,753 posts, read 1,111,770 times
The opinions in this thread are OBVIOUSLY biased by which genre each posters like better!!

Unread 12-14-2010, 12:33 PM

3,190 posts, read 1,969,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Bottom line....

In general, Michael Jackson fans are secure in knowing that MJ was one of the (if not the) greatest musicians and entertainers that the world will ever know. There is no snobbery or "superiority complex" needed to understand that fact.
Really? You could have fooled me! This thread was started by a MJ fan and there's been a couple others who have spent 29 pages on telling us how superior he is to The Beatles.

Why don't you direct your comments to THEM?

Quote:
Fans of The Beatles have a tendency to attempt to undermine/understate the accomplishments of other artists in order to assert the importance of The Beatles.
Again...re-read this thread and see who is calling the kettle black!

Quote:
Why not just accept the fact that everyone does not care for The Beatles (their sound, their performance style, etc).
Ditto to you and the other MJ fans on this thread.

Quote:
MJ fans understand that everyone does not care for MJs style but we don't make a habit of insisting the way Beatles fans do.
You OBVIOUSLY either haven't read any of the comments made by MJ fans in this thread, or you are just playing dumb.

Unread 12-14-2010, 12:48 PM

14,461 posts, read 8,031,756 times
The difference between MJ fans and Beatles fans is this....

MJ fans usually express how MJs music has moved them and how they connected personally to his music. MJs music has heart and soul; it has a depth that resonates.

Fans of The Beatles tend to act as if The Beatles invented the art of music itself. There is an arrogance and a sense of self importance that comes across from Beatles fans....a "how dare you" question the fact that The Beatles are the greatest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.