U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 AM
 
Location: Baltimore
1,771 posts, read 1,834,277 times
Reputation: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Yeah....and OJ never hurt a fly either
we were not talking about OJ we were talking about MJ. Just because OJ may or may not have been guilty doesnt make MJ guilty. Besides, nobody said anything about a 24 year Elvis' relations with a 14 year old Priscilla. As far a MJ, people fear what they cant understand, and hate what they cant conquer.

Anywho, back to the music.

Blue Hue, i didnt agree with any of your post. They ones that werent riddled with "fluff". Even if the beat isnt particulary ur taste, u can not deny that MJ is waaaaaay more lyrical than the beatles.

Exhibit A: JAM

"Nation To Nation
All The World
Must Come Together
Face The Problems
That We See
Then Maybe Somehow We Can Work It Out
I Asked My Neighbor
For A Favor
She Said Later
What Has Come Of
All The People
Have We Lost Love
Of What It's About

I Have To Find My Peace Cuz
No One Seems To Let Me Be
False Prophets Cry Of Doom
What Are The Possibilities
I Told My Brother
There'll Be Problems,
Times And Tears For Fears,
We Must Live Each Day
Like It's The Last"

Exhibit B: They Dont Care About Us

"Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
Situation, aggravation
Everybody allegation
In the suite, on the news
Everybody dog food
Bang bang, shot dead
Everybody's gone mad

All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us
All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us

Beat me, hate me
You can never break me
Will me, thrill me
You can never kill me
Jew me, sue me
Everybody do me
Kick me, **** me
Don't you black or white me"


do u really think this:

"Here come ol' flat top
He come groovin' up slowly
He's got Joo Joo eyeball
He one holy roller
He got hair down to his knees
Got to be a joker he just do what he please

He wear no shoe shine
He's got toe jam football
He's got monkey finger
He shoot Coca-Cola
He say "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free" John Lennon

dont u really think that can compare??

I think MJ downplayed his own lyrical ability by making it "dance" music.
btw, MJ was an R&B artist. pop is that BS brittney spears & Co. are famous for. MJ's was real music.

Let me ask everyone this... If u had to choose between a beatles concert and a MJ concert, which would u choose and WHY?

Last edited by MrRedd; 12-16-2010 at 03:30 AM..

 
Old 12-16-2010, 03:11 AM
 
570 posts, read 341,007 times
Reputation: 73
*
No body want to see 4 frozen dolls on stage !!
it's poring .. not working any more .
 
Old 12-16-2010, 03:39 AM
 
1,097 posts, read 2,390,848 times
Reputation: 604
Apples to oranges, they're not really in the same category or doing the same things, not in the same time period, etc.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 03:45 AM
 
570 posts, read 341,007 times
Reputation: 73
*
Wapedia - Wiki: List of artists influenced and inspired by Michael Jackson (http://wapedia.mobi/en/List_of_artists_influenced_and_inspired_by_Michael _Jackson - broken link)
No list on wiki about the beatles on that same subject

Maby Oasis .. and that is because the drummer in Oasis is Ringo Starr's son !!
Sorry !!
'King of Pop' was major influence on younger artists - CNN
Sonia Murray, a longtime Atlanta-based music columnist, said Jackson was for the younger set what James Brown had been for Jackson: an inspiration.
His music videos were must-see TV, and aspiring artists learned that it took more than just holding a microphone if they really wanted to make it big

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 12-16-2010 at 04:02 AM..
 
Old 12-16-2010, 08:52 AM
 
3,190 posts, read 2,202,943 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
we were not talking about OJ we were talking about MJ. Just because OJ may or may not have been guilty doesnt make MJ guilty. Besides, nobody said anything about a 24 year Elvis' relations with a 14 year old Priscilla. As far a MJ, people fear what they cant understand, and hate what they cant conquer.
LOL....so you say we weren't talking about OJ and then contradict your own premise by mentioning Elvis. By the way, Priscilla was at least not a little boy.

No one fears anything...it's already been established that The Beatles outsold MJ's entire musical career in only ten years. In other words, without counting THEIR solo records and only counting their band's releases, they still outsold MJ's 40 year career - solo and Jackson 5 records.

Back to MJ's legal problems......

You do realize he PAID OFF people don't you? Yes, he went to court once, but he also paid off others.

Now, I could write off ONE person making false accusations against a celebrity. But when multiple people make the same claim repeatedly, you can't ignore it. Where there's smoke, there's fire....unless you were born yesterday.

He was a freak who changed his skin colour and his facial structure, was obsessed with male children, lived in a circus land, died from drugs, and was in debt up to his fake nose.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,521 posts, read 4,152,226 times
Reputation: 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
*
It's very strange how some lies could of turns into a Legend and live for years and years if it just has the Wright Support and guidance through the years.
The Beatles are a good band that turns into some kind of a legend by the white media and racial organizations … a good band … not a legendary one...
A big fat lie that said they come up with new music while we all know that they didn’t invited rock and roll ... a lie that talk about hundreds of millions of record sales while we all know that there wasn't any official record sales in the 60s … a lie that said they sold more than 1 billion records while there best selling LB only sells 32 million ... that same lie who exposed by the fact that said they only have 2 LB among the list of the best selling LBs of all time with only 63 million record sales …
A band that achieved success with no real comptions in the music industry at that time... a player how scores goals not because he was great but because there was only 1 or 2 players in the field .
A 4 members with quarter talent who have to join together to make it a complet one .. quarter talent that could not made a big success as solo Individual artists .
A legend... a myth... the biggest musical lie in the 20th century that turns a good band into a legend called the Beatles.
Now the racist white media enters the debate. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post

Let me ask everyone this... If u had to choose between a beatles concert and a MJ concert, which would u choose and WHY?
Good question, I imagine I would pick MJ because I like dance music more than rock. I got to see McCartney live (for free!) and he did a good show, hearing some old Beatles songs were nice.

I would pick MJ because it would be more about the show and less about the music but his music would make you dance. I would hope he would use great musicians also in his band, even though they are playing simplistic music. If great musicians are given a little liberty they can make simple music sound complex.

In both cases it would be more about seeing them because of who they were as opposed to their music. Give me a good improvisational jazz funk band with great musicians any day.
I like knowing I got to see Sinatra (and have Sammy come up and do Candy Man), Jerry Lee Lewis. Chuck Berry, Lionel Hampton, James Brown and many other old timers. Even though they may not have been the greatest or been at the top of their game, it was cool to see history. I would feel the same way about MJ or the Beatles.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 AM
 
3,190 posts, read 2,202,943 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
*
Wapedia - Wiki: List of artists influenced and inspired by Michael Jackson (http://wapedia.mobi/en/List_of_artists_influenced_and_inspired_by_Michael _Jackson - broken link)
No list on wiki about the beatles on that same subject

Try Google

Here's just one of the many sites that attempt to list them all (which is next to impossible).....

Artists Influenced by Beatles | mevio

There's 251 artists mentioned, and I notice some that have been left out, so there's got to be even more.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 AM
 
912 posts, read 361,326 times
Reputation: 112
Good to see the facts ...1) mj was clearly a menace to society, shown above with good facts.

2) mj record sales vrs the Beatles speak for themselves...can't argue
3) mj lyrics were prob written by someone else , or at least edited + who cares about lyrics were talking music.
4) mj music was ridiculously simplistic with a hype beat
5) mj was a ROTTEN influence to kids grabbing himself like an animal. Jirating dance moves are no where near ....grabbing your ...B-LLS on stage....what a CREEPY FREAK
6) mj could not dance as good as Fred Astaire, so big deal mj dancing
7) mj music was no where near top musicians
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM
 
3,190 posts, read 2,202,943 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Now the racist white media enters the debate. God help us.


LOL...yeah, that same "racist white media" that made him a star, placed him on a pedestal, and made him a celebrity...right?
 
Old 12-16-2010, 10:00 AM
 
3,190 posts, read 2,202,943 times
Reputation: 981
A couple excerpts from The Beatles biography on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame website:

"When all was said and done, the Beatles charted twenty #1 singles in the States – three more than runner-up Elvis Presley. It is estimated by EMI, their British record company, that the Beatles have sold more than 600 million units worldwide. For feats of sales and airplay alone, the Beatles are unquestionably the top group in rock and roll history. Yet their significance extends well beyond numbers to encompass their innovations in the recording studio."

.............

"Though popular music has changed considerably in the decades since the Beatles’ demise, their music continues to reach and inspire new generations of listeners. Half a century after their humble origins in Liverpool, the Beatles remain the most enduring phenomenon in the history of popular music."


Link: The Beatles Biography | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top