Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 11:16 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,969,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
as a classical pianist, my view of MJ vrs Beatles is simple. They were both great however
MJ writing style or developement was not as musical as lennon or McCartney.
MJ construction was almost contrived in effort. An effort that worked, but none the less somewhat contrived. More overall musical flow to beatles, no comparrison. The structure of a piece was ingrained into MJ at early age, a kind of recipe. When he steers away from it , very little happens. Just a wisper of a tease to suggest theres some substance. Beatles were creative in style without loosing effect. MJ no . MJ had an unusual ability to dramatize, bubble gum and
decieve the listener. Bubble gum as U know cannot be listened to , repeatedly. Thats the telling aspect of MJ vrs Beatles. Well organized hype.....compared to flowing music.
A person may enjoy MJ, in fact I enjoy quite a bit of it, but the fact is Lennon and McCartney both individually had volumes of raw musical talent, compared to MJ"s "notebook"....no question

Just thinking, Stevie Wonder in my opinion was far superior to MJ, as well I can think of one of MJ hits that was a bit of a copy ....if u listen and understand whats going on...Billy Jean where do u think the idea in form and structure from Billy Jean came from ?
bubble gum huh? have u listened to ALL of michael jackson's music or just the videos showed on MTV? He was A LOT deeper than U or any beatle fan will ever give him credit for. his "bubble" is what got the world's attention, his deep songs is what changed the world. Im not a piano player, but i know good music when i hear it, and MJ had a SH*T LOAD of GREAT MUSIC.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
MJ did do a lot of good Choreographed moves but JB had the best groove.
yea he did choreograped moves.. of course. But not only did he train the trainer, he was alot better at executing the moves. to suggest the JB(justin beiber) has anything on MJ.....LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U probably cant believe u just said that ....

Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 PM

912 posts, read 827,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
bubble gum huh? have u listened to ALL of michael jackson's music or just the videos showed on MTV? He was A LOT deeper than U or any beatle fan will ever give him credit for. his "bubble" is what got the world's attention, his deep songs is what changed the world. Im not a piano player, but i know good music when i hear it, and MJ had a SH*T LOAD of GREAT MUSIC.
His music was contrived . If u listen to real music your appreciation for substance would change . The reasoning is measure. What are U using to measure his music with ? exactly

Just thinking, MJ expressed in music all that he could....a creepy existance
If a person is rather the same, it may well be..... pleasing.
S Wonder was much better

Last edited by Blue Hue; 12-13-2010 at 11:44 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
as a classical pianist, my view of MJ vrs Beatles is simple. They were both great however
MJ writing style or developement was not as musical as lennon or McCartney.
MJ construction was almost contrived in effort. An effort that worked, but none the less somewhat contrived. More overall musical flow to beatles, no comparrison. The structure of a piece was ingrained into MJ at early age, a kind of recipe. When he steers away from it , very little happens. Just a wisper of a tease to suggest theres some substance. Beatles were creative in style without loosing effect. MJ no . MJ had an unusual ability to dramatize, bubble gum and
decieve the listener. Bubble gum as U know cannot be listened to , repeatedly. Thats the telling aspect of MJ vrs Beatles. Well organized hype.....compared to flowing music.
A person may enjoy MJ, in fact I enjoy quite a bit of it, but the fact is Lennon and McCartney both individually had volumes of raw musical talent, compared to MJ"s "notebook"....no question
both cuts composed by mj and just a slice of the pie. And just as "musical" ,most likely more so than anything lennon or paul ever created

But as far as billie jean is concerned...Billie jean is vastly more unique and profound than anything ive ever heard from the beatles. From the subject matter,to his unique vocals,to the adlibs,the beat,the physical representation-as in dance. The beatles pushed the envelope in rock, but never created a composition as unique as billie jean,a song written and composed by michael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkgcZYfREKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo

Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
His music was contrived . If u listen to real music your appreciation for substance would change . The reasoning is measure. What are U using to measure his music with ? exactly

Just thinking, MJ expressed in music all that he could....a rang a tang existance
If a person is rather the same, it may well be..... pleasing.
?? michael jackson wasnt real music??? what i consider real music and what u consider it to be may be two different things. MJ is real music.
personally i listen to lyrics, doesnt matter if the music sounds good, if the artist isnt saying anything, i cant get with it.... thats why like older music.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
both cuts composed by mj and just a slice of the pie. And just as "musical" ,most likely more so than anything lennon or paul ever created

But as far as billie jean is concerned...Billie jean is vastly more unique and profound than anything ive ever heard from the beatles. From the subject matter,to his unique vocals,to the adlibs,the beat,the physical representation-as in dance. The beatles pushed the envelope in rock, but never created a composition as unique as billie jean,a song written and composed by michael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkgcZYfREKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo
If U know jazz and played jazz ...you would realize the foundation for billy jean was elementary jazz , added to a bit of a copy from a Stevie W tune

You guys can't hear it cause you don't sound like theres much prof experience

Music is a buisness wake up....MJ copied alot of form

Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
?? michael jackson wasnt real music??? what i consider real music and what u consider it to be may be two different things. MJ is real music.
personally i listen to lyrics, doesnt matter if the music sounds good, if the artist isnt saying anything, i cant get with it.... thats why like older music.
Don't get me wrong...I enjoy alot of his stuff.....BUT, his stuff is well
put together "jingle material" ...its not the real thing....cause when U
play it....it gets on your nerves after 6-7 times in a day......good stuff doesn't do that...I'm talking about listening to one mj piece 7-10 times in a row....try it you'll see ..MJ music is bubble gum to the core

Old 12-14-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
If U know jazz and played jazz ...you would realize the foundation for billy jean was elementary jazz , added to a bit of a copy from a Stevie W tune

You guys can't hear it cause you don't sound like theres much prof experience

Music is a buisness wake up....MJ copied alot of form
a professional music listener. What is your issue with MJ??

Old 12-14-2010, 12:14 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
yea he did choreograped moves.. of course. But not only did he train the trainer, he was alot better at executing the moves. to suggest the JB(justin beiber) has anything on MJ.....LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U probably cant believe u just said that ....
LOL

Actually MJ did copy others some, the Moonwalk was taught to him by another dancer.

Here are a couple good vids showing the history of the moonwalk. The second guys voice is dull but it is good info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35nIo8aBw-g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH0FeiLHH-U

Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong...I enjoy alot of his stuff.....BUT, his stuff is well
put together "jingle material" ...its not the real thing....cause when U
play it....it gets on your nerves after 6-7 times in a day......good stuff doesn't do that...I'm talking about listening to one mj piece 7-10 times in a row....try it you'll see ..MJ music is bubble gum to the core
like how "come together" is a jingle for at&t?? or
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music