Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 03:53 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,329,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
That hippie who created/produced TSO also produced for AC/DC(anti-christ, death-christ). How ironic...
Are you serious????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 09:09 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
People said it was good. I like trying something new every once in awhile.

Well they were certainly not sold out when I went. Also, when the hippie asked how many people in the audience have never seen TSO, imo about 3/4 of hands went up.

I kept an open mind to the message of the whole thing. Each time after that over-acting ebony gentleman was done with his storyline, I got hit with the obnoxiously loud guitar migraine. Like how that bum was narrating that a little boy came in the bar and told a bartender that there was a girl by the payphone under the streetlight and how the bartender graciously took all the $ from the register and got a taxi for her. Then the boy disappeared as if it was an angel from the sky.

The problem with that song was that every 5 words took 30 seconds to come out.

It could be so much better if the over-powering guitarists would lower their volumes and let others be heard in the show but unfortunately, that's not the case. I could barely hear them.

And why is there not one single full Christmas song in their arsenal? It's all secularized, perverted versions of it. If you're looking for a secular following, why even bother with the whole fake Christmas scheme? I don't know, I'll take a wild guess, to sell tickets maybe?

That hippie who created/produced TSO also produced for AC/DC(anti-christ, death-christ). How ironic...
Well, I am glad you tried something new, we can all benefit from doing that once in a while! Sorry it didn't work out for you this time around! It obviously was too heavy of a sound for you guys, and I did forget that the second half of the show was not Christmas (the hubby reminded me of that or I would have said so) music. I do hope you find a better show next year for your family!

This show may not have been sold out, but many arenas still do, year after year.

'That Hippie' has a name, it's Paul O'Neill, and he really is a very talented musician and accomplished businessman. I met him briefly one year, and he has a passion for what he does, truly! I cannot tell you what an indellible mark he left on me that Christmas my daughter and I got to meet him! He was mingling with the crowd, a very 'regular guy' So, he has a talent for packing stadiums and selling tickets.....and thatssss .....bad?

I have been to many concerts where the entire songs were not played, the went one into another...I don't find perversion in any of TSO's versions of music at all! Why isn't Manheim Steamroller's music considered a perversion? I think you have found a personal distaste for Paul O'Neill and his history now, and are projecting perhaps?

I don't see why one cannot have a history in typical rock music, and do a Christmas show...I love Led Zeppelin, and am a practicing Christian...they are not mutually exclusive you know....

I don't think there is a fake Christmas scene at all, just not a Christian traditional one, meaning...no manger...it's more subtle and directed...you have to look inward, at yourself, and what have YOU done, for your neighbors, your town, the person in need in your city,....how have you been 'naughty or nice' this year...how can you be better....it's very introspective, thought provoking,.....and sometimes, that mirror reflects a little harsher than we might like. It's difficult Christmas message but that is the REAL message all the same. Christ was born so that he could die, for us, for what we have done poorly..so badly in fact that we could never regain the kingdom without Him. So, really, isn't finding a shred of Love on Earth, the best Christmas message of all? Is it there? Do you have it? Do I? Have I seen it....or offered it?

I think, THAT Hippie, got it right after all............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music