Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,637,986 times

Advertisements

I'm not a hip-hop aficionado, I listen to mainly hardcore gangsta rap (sue me), or hardcore rap, underground (like Moka Only), old school hip-hop/rap, and I listen to a few select hip-hop song these days. I'm not into most mainstream rap songs but from what I hear, I actually like Nicki Minaj. Before I explain why, I totally agree that her style is VERY, VERY annoying. Prior to her mainstream exposure, I thought she was an extremely talented rapper with the underground mix tapes she came out with. I even seen her in Queens, NY (before she became big) one time and thought she was a genuine and lovely lady. Her rhymes were tight, and her flow was crazy.

Fast forward to now, and I still like her rhymes and her flow and I think she's one of the better rappers, male or female-out now. The one thing that I hate is her whole "barbie" persona that she has now, and the fact that she's always putting on this crazy act to try and make herself look crazy and weird. Even when she's not making music videos, she acts like a friggin nut, but its just that-acting. I'm really not digging her whole shtick because it just seems like she's trying TOO hard to be different. Also, I'm sure many of you know, but her butt and breast or augmented. I'm usually not into women who get a major overhaul on their physical appearance through plastic surgery, but she made it work for her and she's one of he few plastic surgeon women whom I wouldn't mind doing the deed with. I know this for a fact because like I mentioned, when I seen/met her, she was a lot more petite than voluptuous and I didn't notice ANY of that on her. She was a beautiful girl (and she still is) but all that meat definitely wasn't on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 12:25 AM

9 posts, read 49,911 times
yeah im not digging the barbie thing either. music is suppose to be about expressing ones self, so when you go around pretending to be different people it's not admirable. Its kind of sketchy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music