Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:57 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,279,865 times

Advertisements

Poll:
Should Rap be incorporated into Christian Music/Christian Rap???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 07:15 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Um, I dont listen to it so cant say anything. But 'Christian rap'??

Old 08-18-2007, 07:20 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,930,887 times
Christianity exists worldwide. Many different cultures use different forms of musical expression to worship. It can't all be just Handel and Bach.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:04 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,717 times
Hasn't it already been incorporated into contemporary Christian music? Not to a large degree but I see the videos on christian tv stations and there are rappers on there, too. That's like asking the question of metal, rock etc. The term 'christian music' is kind of general because there are different types of music in that category.

When Carmen came out (YEARS ago), he did a bit of (what I would think) was a 'rap' type of thing with his music. He told stories, he sang and in some of his songs he would break out into rap. This was way back in the 80's.

Now you have artists like P.O.D., Toby Mac, Rebecca St. James, 3rd Day - and their styles are all so different from each other. I think the variety is great to listen to BUT only some forms of music will bring me into an attitude of worship. For example, I'm not the biggest fan of country but the song "I can only imagine" (sung by Mercy Me) will bring me there. Now rap and heavy metal- um, not so sure but it all depends on the person.....

Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I don't listen to Christian music at all, but wouldn't Christian Rap be kind of like Military Intelligence, kind of a oxymoron? lol

Old 08-21-2007, 06:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
i love christian rap and gospel. the 104.1 station in Wash DC is pretty much the only thing i like about living in the DC area. I would rather have my kids listen to rap that praises god than pop music that doesnt.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:25 PM

45 posts, read 267,860 times
This is a strange thread. It's not like it's 1950 and we're discussing the evils of rock and roll. Rap is simply another style of music. If the message is what you want it to be, who cares what the style is?

Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,504 times
Default Rhythm & Praise

I think Christian Rap can be a very effective way to reach the inner city and the hip hop culture.

Rhythm & Praise is a short documentary that explores how Christian Rap is impacting the hip hop culture.
View it on YouTube:
YouTube - Rhythm & Praise
or visit the official site: Rhythm & Praise - Rhythm & Praise (http://www.romans1014.net/rp/ - broken link)

Old 02-25-2008, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,361 times
Default The Message of Lord Christ is Taught Through Many Languages

And of course, people understand and communicate in languages with which they are familiar. As it is with spoken language, so it is with the many idioms to be found in the world of music.

This is my first post to any such electronic forum, so I hope you will forgive me if I now mention something that is not precisely related to the topic here--I don't yet know how to start something new.

I'd like to shamelessly promote the fall CD release of my nephew Phil Tarver, entitled "Draw Nearer".

[url=http://www.semo.net/]Semo.net :: Southeast Missouri's Online Community[/url]

Above is a link to a very short article I wrote on the CD, and on his work with the celebrated contemporary gospel group Shekinah Glory Ministry.

Thanks for not being too terribly upset with me here--I'll learn the "how-to's" before I post again.

Blessings and all good wishes,

Lady Francis

Old 02-25-2008, 12:42 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,647,286 times
I have no problem with it but I get the giggles when I hear about Christian rap. It doesn't exactly tie in with the stereotype of a gangster rapping about pimp slapping his ******* or cleaning out the 'hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music