Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 09:28 AM

1,022 posts, read 11,562,376 times

Advertisements

Don't have ANY time BUT I thought to aware those who are tourists or residing in NYC that today (Dec-3-2011) there is a continuing Free 24 Hour Performing Arts Occupy Broadway in progress, which began yesterday.

What is Occupy Broadway and their Statement?

"Creative artists, performers occupy Broadway and commence an all-night performance in an undisclosed bonus plaza."

EVENT: Occupy Broadway (theatre/shopping district) with a 24-hour performance.
WHEN: From December 2nd starting at 6pm until December 3rd at 6pm

WHERE:
Times Square by the red stairs, between 46th and 47th streets, along 7th Ave, NY, NY

...."In recent weeks, we have seen a push to tramp on our rights to public assembly, public space and by extension democracy itself. In response, we join a global struggle using occupation as a form of creative resistance. Occupations are spreading around the world and around New York City, even UPTOWN!

Bloomberg...you take our park, Now Liberty Park is everywhere! In a time when downtown theaters are rapidly losing their spaces, being turned into high-end fashion stores, Occupy Broadway is a symbolic attempt to regain the space of theatre as an accessible, popular art form, bringing it back to where it all started – in a public space, for the common citizen.

We are using public space to create a more colorful image of what our streets could look like, with public performances, art, and music. Through this movement, New York re-imagines itself as a work of art, rather than a retail shopping mall. With capitalism gone mad, foreclosures increasing, and bank crises consuming whole communities, we are signaling through the flames that there is another way of living."....

Link provides additional Information. Occupy Broadway ends at 6pm today -> http://occupybroadway.net/

Examples of Theatre Groups etc...

11:30 AM Radical Faeries and Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence morning ritual

Who the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence Are

THE SISTERS OF PERPETUAL INDULGENCE - YouTube

Another Example of what to Expect later today...

Church of Stop Shopping Choir sing the First Amendment

Rev Billy & the Church of Stop Shopping Choir sing the First Amendment at No on Sit/Lie Prop L rally - YouTube

NOW to Re-list LiveStreams:

Students and a streaming Link they're using...

The Other 99, Ustream.TV: -Twitter- @TheOther99 @Iwilloccupy This channel is being maintained by The Other 99. We continue to be a primary source from ...

Other Streaming Links:

Click the Following Link for LIVE 24 hour Streaming... Globalrevolution.tv

To see the latest in other States via Video Library, Other Live & Related Channels ... OCCUPYTV - live streaming video powered by Livestream

The Following Below did and still provokes animated discussion among students...

USMC Sgt Shamar Thomas - US Marine Corp Veteran Regarding OWS
Countdown with Keith Oberman

occupy wall street - USMC Sgt Shamar Thomas on Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann - YouTube

John Butler Trio - Revolution

John Butler Trio - Revolution - YouTube

KnightShadow

Last edited by KnightShadow; 12-03-2011 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 09:57 AM

5,431 posts, read 29,172,947 times
Default Rise Today

...Sir KnightShadow...now that i have a little time this weekend...i promise to catch up on what i have missed...

...smile...seeing how the Occupy Movement is growing and flowing to encompass other issues...

...i offer a song to the Revolution...

~BloomingArtist~

Old 12-03-2011, 12:23 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,265,486 times
Default These are the hands we're given.

This came up on my player on my afternoon walk and it made me think of this thread. The original is by Genesis, with a video that focused on Ronald Reagan. But I like this one, too. It fits with all the turmoil in the world today.

[youtube]r4Ebn7iZIyQ[/youtube]

Old 12-21-2011, 03:44 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,184 times
i haven't looked at the entire thread yet but i'm thinking this hasn't been posted?
enjoy!

Ecstasy - Rusted Root - YouTube

Take away your paper & pen
Stacks of money and your foolish grin
And go

Get me off the backwards ride

Take away your greedy way and go
See the woman standing at the door
World gone by ... Again and again
See the blisters growing on your feet
Pushed on... Pushed on
World gone by

Take away your companies

Take away your societies and go
Get me off this backwards ride
Take away your fictitious books of fact
See the woman standing in the door
World gone by ... Again and again
See the blisters growing on your feet
Pushed on ... Pushed on
World gone by

I wouldn’t want to be

Living in a world of ecstasy with you

Wasted arms; wasted legs

Wrapped round this machine
Military machine

I wouldn’t want to be

Living in a world of ecstasy with you

Taken’ away your companies

Takin’ away your societies and go.
Get me off this backwards ride,
Takin’ away your ficticious books of fact.
Yeah, do mum-ba-si-be-ah

Old 03-31-2012, 08:45 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,550,195 times
My dear Sir KnightShadow, I was ill when you started this thread and am sorry to have missed the Grand Opening .

It shows promise and restraint which I grately appreciate a place to post about the revolution, civil rights, rights to all!!!

I miss you so....you were an important part of my life and I was yours.

Happiness to you and Frauelien joxx, so much happiness and blessings coming your way!

Sam Chatmon
Born: January 10, 1897, Boltmon, Mississippi
Died: February 2, 1983, Hollandale, Mississippi

Sam Chatmon was born into a highly musical family — reportedly there were 11 sons, all of them musicians. As a boy Sam often played with the Chatmon Family String Band, and when three of his brothers formed the Mississippi Sheiks, who became very popular, he sometimes played with them as well. But Sam Chatmon was a multi-instrumentalist in his own right — playing mandolin, bass, guitar and banjo — and worked as a traveling musician with a wide repertoire that included blues until the early 1940s. He became a plantation worker until the 1960s blues revival, at which point, like many of his contemporaries, he embarked upon a second career as a musician, performing and recording until his death in 1983.

SITTIN ON TOP OF THE WORLD - SAM CHATMON

Sam Chatmon- Sittin' on top of the World - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music