Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:57 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times

Advertisements

"Country music is for [singers and artists] that are just not that good"-Howard Stern

Couldn't agree more.
I mean----what is that crap????
There's not one redeeming quality other than the female singers are hot.
PURE r u b b i s h .

Stern on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 08:12 PM

22,844 posts, read 6,437,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I cannot stand country music. They all sound so whiney and depressing. Someone's dog gets runover by the neighbors pickup truck, they bury it out back while drinking their beer ...lalalalalalala....
I call it "flu" music because it sounds like what I feel like when I'm sick.
The nasal, twangy moaning and groaning is depressing...

Old 01-22-2012, 09:37 PM

30 posts, read 45,171 times
I agree with the person who said why do people put so much effort just because they hate country music. If you are true music fan there is something you should like about all genres. Country music has no meaning, no soul? Really? Howard Stern has no idea what he is talking about

Braid My Hair - YouTube

Brett Eldredge - Raymond (Video) - YouTube

Martina McBride - Concrete Angel - YouTube

None of these songs speak nothing about burying your dog, hunting, shooting, or country life they give a meaning, a message. If you dont think these songs have a point or meaning then sorry I cant help you then. People who say country is all about depressing and country life do not listen to the genre or never really gave it a chance. Some of the songs I posted are sad but it real life and not one song is whining whatever that means. i don't hear any whining. And there are feel good, happy, upbeat country songs as well. And no there are a lot of country songs that don't really mention tractors or shooting deer. People who complain about the southern accent? Not all country singers are twangy nor are they all from the south. I guess people who hate the southern accent also hate most rap music and rnb since a lot of these artist are from the south. Signed a MUSIC lover PS can someone post an example of what they mean by whining

Last edited by Blissfully; 01-22-2012 at 10:01 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 09:59 PM

30 posts, read 45,171 times
Other video link wouldnt show up

Randy Travis - Three Wooden Crosses with lyrics - YouTube

Ronnie Dunn - Cost of Livin' - YouTube

Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissfully View Post
I agree with the person who said why do people put so much effyort just because they hate country music. If you are true music fan there is something you should like about all genres. Country music has no meaning, no soul? Really? Howard Stern has no idea what he is talking about
Howard Stern is the epidomy of mediocrity. Like modern movies whose plots can be discerned after watching the first 15 minutes, Howard Stern is as predictable as a head-on collision at 80 mph.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,630,543 times
I can't stand country-country. But I like alt-country (Band of Horses, Old 97s, Drive By Truckers, Wilco.) To me it's more authentic and I like rock

Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Default It's good stuff.

Some do not enjoy the sound, or lyrical style. As a primary rock/metal listener who listens to other genres also, I enjoy some country esp with a faster paced vibe to it. Makes me think of one thing: Driving with the sun in my face and wind in my hair. Just does. All good!!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
"Country music is for [singers and artists] that are just not that good"-Howard Stern

Couldn't agree more.
I mean----what is that crap????
There's not one redeeming quality other than the female singers are hot.
PURE r u b b i s h .

Stern on
Not sure anyone could pay me to quote Howard Stern, much less admit that I agreed with him about anything... but, to each their own.

I suppose Mr. Stern thinks that Justin Bieber is more talented than Waylon Jennings?

Old 01-23-2012, 09:30 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Actually I'm extremely open minded with music. I love all types...or used to.
Til I went to my first country music concert--my first & last.
Rascal Flatts, last summer. The crowd was ridiculous; everyone was in cowboy outfits, acting unbelievably stupid. I've been to countless concerts, the best of the best. This show was the worst. The crowd was the rowdiest, sleaziest I've ever encountered. There were fistfights breaking out, we counted half a dozen just in our area. I've never seen so many paramedics carry out so many people from a concert, on stretchers. I now hate country music.
Except for a few Rascal Flatts songs

Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,630,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Actually I'm extremely open minded with music. I love all types...or used to.
Til I went to my first country music concert--my first & last.
Rascal Flatts, last summer. The crowd was ridiculous; everyone was in cowboy outfits, acting unbelievably stupid. I've been to countless concerts, the best of the best. This show was the worst. The crowd was the rowdiest, sleaziest I've ever encountered. There were fistfights breaking out, we counted half a dozen just in our area. I've never seen so many paramedics carry out so many people from a concert, on stretchers. I now hate country music.
Except for a few Rascal Flatts songs
Everytime Kenny Chesney comes to Pittsburgh, the police have to deal with drunk, ignorant, rowdy tailgaters. It all makes the news and is very disgraceful. Fans at rock concerts act more responsibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music