Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 03:03 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

OHIO CSNY ( got audio back) - Kent State Massacre Montage - YouTube

Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM

Neil Young: Everybody's Alone ~UNRELEASED~ hAUNTING sONG - YouTube

Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM

2,897 posts, read 20,338,741 times
Default OP Post and Plumb - Cut lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klysm View Post
WARNING: Can be DISTURBING and Controversial!

Meaning CURRENT Black Hole Depressive Suicidal Music (or DSBM) & its Genres (DSM or Doom, etc.) got a home HERE!

This music makes some depressives feel better & not alone.

--My peers asked me to start this & bypass the drama, cause we need&WANT music that goes beyond others' boundaries & strangling limitations so I am!

<!!=!=!!> Resources for Teens | Cry for Help | PBS[/url] <!!=!=!!>

INTER-generational music is ACCEPTED with Respect! (Means old & current is acceptable even if that old is 1000 years old!) Tragedy has a home here.

Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit

Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit - YouTube[/url]

Clinically Depressive songs gotta home here and ARE preferred!
==MEANING==

BRING songs of Depression which have a clinical definition--

--or music FROM singers who suffered from Depression --

--or songs from YOU who are clinically depressed --

--or songs by artists, created while being depressed or experiencing depression --

-- the kind you go to the hospital over.

Happier songs are acceptable ONLY from musicians who ARE suffering or who HAVE suffered from Depression BUT...

--an EXPLANATION is REQUIRED for Educational purposes!

Tell/Explain when HE/SHE was depressed, if they killed themselves-- THEN post their happier song--so we got some context you know?

An example is--

E.g. John Denver!

Write a couple sentences about his depression or suicide THEN post his happier songs.

Plumb - Cut lyrics

Cut-Plumb lyrics - YouTube

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 04-19-2012 at 04:25 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 03:42 PM

Default Depressive Years - Immense Emotional Pain

Mikebnllnb Fans go here [scroll down]===>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/music...-beyond-2.html

HARDCORE -- BLACK Hole DESPAIR, Depress Beyond SAD Songs!

Related...

---- ---- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Uggabugga Fans go here [scroll down]===>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/music...-beyond-3.html

--- - - - - ----- - - - - - - - - ----- --

Ditchlights Fans go here [scroll down] ===>

--- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Lady Topaz)... Fans go here [scroll down]===>

http://www.city-data.com/forum/music/1547290-hardcore-black-hole-despair-depress-beyond-13.html

PaulG_1... Fans go here [scroll down]===>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/music/1547290-hardcore-black-hole-despair-depress-beyond-13.html

Related Fans...

Thursday007... Fans go here [scroll down]===>

Nimchimpsky... Fans go here [scroll up]===>

Depressive Years - Immense Emotional Pain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAVLyApjGQE

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 04-19-2012 at 03:57 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM

Default Tristram - Ur Ångest Född ["From anxiousness born] & Hypothermia - Ur Ångest Född

Tristram - Ur Ångest Född ["From anxiousness born] (Hypotermia cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EKfZrhEmH0

Hypothermia - Ur Ångest Född

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02sK7O9KAC0

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 04-19-2012 at 03:59 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM

Default Further Into Nothingness & Secluded Within Sorrow, Solice Awaits & The Light Of Those Who Failed

Exiled From Light - Further Into Nothingness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wlm_wHHN3o

When Mine Eyes Blacken - Secluded Within Sorrow, Solace Awaits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwxDLqNiddQ

When Mine Eyes Blacken - The Light Of Those Who Failed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClbtDnNWEto

Old 04-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Bob Dylan - Love Sick - YouTube

Bob Dylan - Things Have Changed - YouTube

Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 PM

223 posts, read 1,801,913 times
Default John Denver - Country Roads & John Denver - Rocky Mountain High & John Denver - The Wings That Fly Us Home

John Denver, known to have been in the grips of deep depression, is thought to have deliberately committed suicide using a plane advertised as being faulty.

I have taken the time to listen to this genre of music that prior to Klysm introducing it I did not know existed. Clinical depression is more widespread than we think and it both pains me yet gives me hope that young people, such as yourselves, have found a genre of music that lessens the internal pain you must live with.

It is difficult for people older than yourselves to declare themselves depressants or even introduce music that gave them comfort and state such. For your sakes, we will try.

Afford me the opportunity to share with you music that got me through a bleak, desolate, hopeless period in my life. We didn't have DSBM music so pain remained internalized.

John Denver spoke about depression in a very subtle way. A different genre of music, yes.... Let's listen.

John Denver - Country Roads

John Denver - Country Roads - YouTube

John Denver - Rocky Mountain High (with lyrics)

John Denver - Rocky Mountain High (with lyrics) - YouTube

John Denver - The Wings That Fly Us Home (with lyrics)

The Wings That Fly Us Home (with lyrics) - YouTube

Last edited by PaulG_1; 04-19-2012 at 05:10 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 06:03 PM

638 posts, read 16,523,244 times
Default Thy Light - Suici.De.Pression -- Coldworld - Suicide

Gramps G--

--if i wasn't so tired i would smile. Doc only give me 5 mins to say Thanks to everybody.

Lady Topaz--I'm sorry I dumped all the kids request on you but who else could i trust to git it done or even try to-- the bleedin -- overwhelmin--

Thy Light - Suici.De.Pression

Suici.De.Pression - Thy Light - YouTube

damn painful goin through it all--right? must be 500+ request to git thru & make sense of-- all desperate to be heard & not preach too-- just desperate to be listened to --

Coldworld - Suicide

Coldworld - Suicide - YouTube

we might be let out in a week-- energy gone-- i'll listen & feel better--
peace

Old 04-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Default Quadraphinia

The story covers about five days of the life of a certain Jimmy, a participant in the circa 1964 Mod lifestyle in England. "The story is set on a rock!" announced the composer, Pete Townshend, at one live performance, indicating that the opera represents Jimmy's looking back at the events of the previous day or two that led him into the gloomy situation where he finds himself at the end of the story. The narrative is difficult to derive from the lyrics alone, but becomes clearer with the benefit of a short story (also written by Townshend) related from Jimmy's first person perspective, that is included in the album's booklet.

The first half of the opera consists of songs that allude to the frustrations and insecurities that govern Jimmy's life, including brief glimpses of his home life, his job, his psychoanalyst, and his unsuccessful attempts to have a social life. Halfway through the opera he sings "I've Had Enough", finds himself kicked out of his home when his parents find his box of 'blues' (blue pills of some unnamed drug, possibly amphetamine) (this happens in the song Cut My Hair). Distraught and with nothing better to do, Jimmy takes a large dose of blues and takes a train ride to the coast (Embodied in the song), which is supposed to be the time when the train departs). During his stay near the beach in Brighton, he encounters the former "Ace Face", the leader of a group of Mods, whom he admires greatly. However, "Ace Face" now works as a bell boy at a nearby hotel. Ironically, this is the very same hotel Ace Face had smashed the windows of two days before. This display of masculine bravado had earned him the admiration of many of his fellow Mods two days before during Jimmy's first stay in Brighton. Jimmy is disgusted to learn that the person he had admired as a Mod had "sold out".

At this point, Jimmy is inconsolable. Everybody from his parents to his girlfriend had disappointed him before, but he had never expected the Mod lifestyle to let him down. Drunk and depressed, he steals the now former Ace Face's scooter from the front of the Brighton hotel where he is employeed, takes it out to a barren rock protruding from the sea, and crashes psychologically. With nothing left to live for he finds redemption in the pouring rain, which is expressed in the final song, "Love, Reign o'er Me".

The Who - Love reign over me - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music