Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,981,635 times

Advertisements

Todd Rundgren (there is only one Todd), Sade (hands down the best female vocalist ever, love her music), Susan Cowsill (remember the Cowsills band from the 60s? Anyone?), Breaking Benjamin, Cold, Astrud Gilberto (remember Girl from Ipanema?), Gloria Estefan, Andreas Vollenweider, Michael Franks, Syro Gyra. That's all that come to mind now.

Others : A new duo called The Cloers (from North Carolina, they are wonderful), Irma (A great singer from Africa originally, now based in France), Nancy G and the Human Family (new group from South Africa), Freshlyground (also South African, excellent mix of music styles), Bella Mondo (Ivory Coast all girl reggae band), Bernhoft (singer from Norway, He's brilliant), Zamajobe (honey smooth singer from South Africa). The USA isn't the only place there are talented singers and musicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM

603 posts, read 966,730 times
Richard D James.
Even his earlier 'acid' stuff was good...for that style.
Can't say there one song I really don't like.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,340,375 times
I'd have to say The Beatles (excluding A Taste of Honey and Mr Moonlight)
Simon & Garfunkel (except a few tunes on their Wed Morning 3AM LP and We've Got a Grovy Thing Goin' from Sounds of Silence
The Byrds (pre 1970), excluding CTA 102 & Mind Garden
The Rolling Stones (pre 1973) except about half of Satanic Majesty
Most of REM (when Bill Berry was part of the band)
Most of The Jam

The Beatles and S&G would be the only bands that would qualify for me when you consider their entire careers.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM

376 posts, read 652,256 times
Default 3rd Eye Blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
There are very few singers/bands where I can honestly say I like every single one of their songs! Even ones I listen to on the regular.

Can anybody name an artist that you like every one of their songs, that they've ever made? (Okay with the exception of no more then one or two).

Bonus question: Name the one or two songs that you don't like by them?

I love pretty much everything by 3rd Eye Blind. Don't know any of their songs that I don't like.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,457,781 times
Stevie Wonder

Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,848,028 times
Failure made three albums. An LA-based alt-rock band from the 90's, I've owned multiple copies of each and have never tired of them. They evolved over the three albums from a bass-heavy, driven, almost Jesus Lizard-like brooding sound to much more comlex, spacey anthems of drug-fueled, melancholy peace.

Early:

Failure - Macaque - YouTube

Late:

Dirty Blue Balloons - YouTube

I honestly can't think of any songs of theirs that I prefer to skip through.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,848,028 times
One of my all-time favorite bands is Joy Division; famous not only for doing much to define the New Wave sound that defined much of the 80's, but also for their lead singer Ian Curtis' crushing spiral of depression that resulted in his suicide at the age of 23. A profoundly brilliant lyricist, listening to Joy Division's later songs in the context of Curtis' fate makes it, to me, a fascinating, terrifying ride.

I love all of their songs, I just... can't listen to them too often, or if I'm going through a rough patch.

New Dawn Fades - YouTube

Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,982,127 times
I have a hard time even thinking of a single album/CD where I honestly like every single song, let alone an artist's entire catalog. I suppose the CDs I play all the way through in my car are generally alt-country as there's nothing too objectionable (Wilco, Jayhawks, Golden Smog, Lyle Lovett). Pretty much everything else has something I'll skip, even Floyd, Bowie, Beatles, Mats, Blur. Maybe BeBop Deluxe... yeah, BeBop Deluxe. I'm going with that.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,297,589 times
I have yet to hear a Mumford & Sons song that I dislike.

I also like almost every Queen song, except I can't stand hearing Fat Bottomed Girls.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,986,008 times
Obituary
Burzum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music