U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:57 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,498,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I've listened to several today. I like it better when people have a bit more interaction, commenting on each others selections or a bit about what makes your posted tune special to you. It makes it more interesting to me.
Right- there should be more discussion and commentary. I don't visit the threads that are set ups for the simple "post n'go" responses.
I listen to maybe 5% of the music that is posted, and usually just enough to get the flavor of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 02:39 PM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,002,719 times
I listen to almost none of what gets posted here. I actualy find it kind of annoying that a so much of the music forum is nothing but youtube videos. There's nothing wrong with youtube clips, but discussing music is more interesting to me.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:16 AM

11,083 posts, read 10,109,973 times
I listen to the songs that aren't familiar to me and will send a comment to the poster. I don't look at all the threads, though. So many songs, so little time.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:26 AM

23,613 posts, read 65,726,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I listen to almost none of what gets posted here. I actualy find it kind of annoying that a so much of the music forum is nothing but youtube videos. There's nothing wrong with youtube clips, but discussing music is more interesting to me.
You should start more discussions.
It is not against the rules.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 PM

14,998 posts, read 10,661,585 times
I'm always wanting to find something I've never heard before, the more obscure the better. So I don't necessarily listen to every song posted, I will listen to unfamiliar songs in any genre, techno to tango.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupson1 View Post
I'm always wanting to find something I've never heard before, the more obscure the better. So I don't necessarily listen to every song posted, I will listen to unfamiliar songs in any genre, techno to tango.
Yes! I like hearing songs that are unfamiliar. A couple of posters here have introduced me to artists I hadn't heard before and I love their music. Sometimes I have to be led to the water because I don't know the direction to go.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,146,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You can discuss it all you want. Words cannot discribe this. You don't have the time or the fingers to type all out it.

Sonny Landreth_Native Stepson - YouTube

Old 10-21-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
You can discuss it all you want. Words cannot discribe this. You don't have the time or the fingers to type all out it.
There's nothing to type, Riverboat Gambler. It's an instrumental. Besides, I think you're missing the point of what JPD meant. He/She would rather discuss music ... it's origin, meaning, influence and other aspects of it. I'd be happy to discuss music with JPD but I'm not an expert in it. I just enjoy the music. I don't really think about how the artist was influenced or why they wrote it. I leave those details to the experts on the board - and there are plenty of them here. (and you all know who you are)

Old 10-21-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
There's nothing to type, Riverboat Gambler. It's an instrumental. Besides, I think you're missing the point of what JPD meant. He/She would rather discuss music ... it's origin, meaning, influence and other aspects of it. I'd be happy to discuss music with JPD but I'm not an expert in it. I just enjoy the music. I don't really think about how the artist was influenced or why they wrote it. I leave those details to the experts on the board - and there are plenty of them here. (and you all know who you are)
I'm more of a 'hands on' type guy myself.

Get yo eyes, ears and fingers on it.......10-4 good buddy!

Old 10-21-2012, 01:06 AM

Sorry...forgot the YouTube...

Buddy Guy - Teachin' The Blues - YouTube

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music