Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,703,575 times

Advertisements

Anyone there or watch the concert? If so, was it our tv, or were the Rolling Stones having sound problems? No one else seemed to, and their set seemed to be much shorter than others, and think I heard Mick Jagger say at the end, "we're done, we're outta here".

I'm a huge classic rock fan. I had the pleasure to see Paul McCartney here in Pittsburgh on the opening night of our Consol Energy Center. But in my opinion, a lot of the usual artists, like the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, The Who, etc have played and aged to the point where their music just isn't appealing anymore. Roger Waters did well last night, Bruce Springsteen was flawless as usual and although I'm not much of a Bon Jovi fan, give them credit for a great performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 06:58 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
I thought the concert was great until that no talent Kayne showed up to do whatever he does.

That should be a lesson for all rock concert promoters. Wrap music has nothing in common with real music.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times
I enjoyed the whole thing except for Kanye West but what do you expect from a rapper,they dont play anything they just talk really.
and actually it may have been the tv and i thought the same thing,i was watching it on my big screen then had to go into another room to watch because hubby wanted to watch survivor and it sounded better on the old tv believe it or not.
i think they did all excellent,in my opinion the best was Roger Waters and eddie vedder,although i have not seen Sir Paul or Dave Grohl who im a big fan of. all in all i think it was good. i think these old guys still have much more talent than the musicians of today.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I thought the concert was great until that no talent Kayne showed up to do whatever he does.
I agree!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

That should be a lesson for all rock concert promoters. Wrap music has nothing in common with real music.

First, Kanye is a douchebag but to say he has no talent shows a lack of understanding of music.

Rap is just like any other genre of music, there is good and bad but when rap is good you can put it up against any other genre of music and it has plenty of common with real music. Some of the best lyricist to ever walk this earth have been rappers.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
I enjoyed the whole thing except for Kanye West but what do you expect from a rapper,they dont play anything they just talk really.
If they do nothing but just talk then why dont you do it? Make some millions and become famous. You can talk, right?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
We were watching also and wondered why The Stones played only 2 songs while everyone else, even Kanye, played 3 or more. The Who played 5 or 6 songs. I think the sound for The Stones wasn't that great but then again there were thousands of people yelling so it was hard to tell if it was the sound of the crowd or not.

Why couldn't they get JayZ or LL Kool J if they were going to throw a rapper in there? Plenty of better rappers out there than Kanye. And what was up with his leather skirt?? lol

Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
I think these benefits are great for the Stones, The Who, Sir Paul and the other ancients, without which they would have no where else in which to be seen because they sure haven't put out anything relevant or good in the past 30 or so years.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
First, Kanye is a douchebag but to say he has no talent shows a lack of understanding of music.

Rap is just like any other genre of music, there is good and bad but when rap is good you can put it up against any other genre of music and it has plenty of common with real music. Some of the best lyricist to ever walk this earth have been rappers.

Kanye West is to singing is what Tiger Woods is to stock car racing.

Sorry by rhyme talking is not singing. He did not belong on the same stage with Alicia Keys.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
We were watching also and wondered why The Stones played only 2 songs
I haven't read any confirmation but their sound was terrible and I have a feeling they called it quits because of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music