Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM

84 posts, read 402,895 times

Advertisements

more dub that was played today...

Stephen Walking - The Elder Scrolls Dubstep (Re-Orchestration)

Stephen Walking - The Elder Scrolls Dubstep (Re-Orchestration) [Free Download] - YouTube

Nicky Romero - Symphonica (Orignal Mix Promo Edit)

Nicky Romero - Symphonica (Original Mix Promo Edit) - YouTube

Muzzy - Spoon Gathering

Muzzy - Spoon Gathering - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 05:08 PM

Default [House] Splitbreed - Keep it Dirty (Playdead Remix) Stephen Swartz - - Bullet Train (Feat. Joni Fatora) Apashe - Raised

ok my partners finally got on--took 3 hours waitin time. gotta split.

hey i'll check out "Santiago De Cuba" on Lost Language records to whoever wrote! GREAT!

[House] Splitbreed - Keep it Dirty (Playdead Remix)

[House] Splitbreed - Keep it Dirty (Playdead Remix) - YouTube

Stephen Swartz - - Bullet Train (Feat. Joni Fatora)

Stephen Swartz -- Bullet Train (Feat. Joni Fatora) - YouTube

Apashe - Raised In The 90s

Apashe - Raised In The 90s | FREE FLESH - YouTube

Old 03-12-2013, 05:11 PM

375 posts, read 369,845 times
I've never in my life dismissed an entire genre of music, but I'm not into the extreme contrast of sawtooth wobble-wobble on both the low and high end freqs. It just doesn't leave enough room to catch your breath.

I've heard a few decent dreamstep tracks...but they are far and few between. It's a genre I simply don't understand very well.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:13 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I like some of it. It's kind of like reggaetron reborn. Every so often something new that the kids like comes along and shakes up the scene but eventually the more traditional stuff takes back over. Ive been listening to dance, club, house, techno, electro, trance, etc etc for just over 20 years now and it's just another phase. I try not to automatically be against the NEW thing like old schoolers typically are (not saying you are) so I can give it a fair shake but yes half of it sounds decent menand half sounds like noise. Cool thread. Some of the posted videos are taking me back.
I can relate. I heard some decent dubstep back like 10yrs ago when it was sorta gaining popularity (not like the "popular" style of today ) and some of it was pretty smooth.

like this:

Distinction - Let Go - YouTube

Old 03-13-2013, 02:24 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Online clubs?

I guess I am getting old...lol

I was thinking the same thing. An online club? What the hell happened to REAL CLUBS with REAL PEOPLE dancing FOR REAL to...I have to say it, REAL MUSIC?!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I like some of it. It's kind of like reggaetron reborn. Every so often something new that the kids like comes along and shakes up the scene but eventually the more traditional stuff takes back over. Ive been listening to dance, club, house, techno, electro, trance, etc etc for just over 20 years now and it's just another phase. I try not to automatically be against the NEW thing like old schoolers typically are (not saying you are) so I can give it a fair shake but yes half of it sounds decent menand half sounds like noise. Cool thread. Some of the posted videos are taking me back.

EXACTLY! I remember when that raggaetron crap was popular for about a year...then everyone realized it was THE SAME DAMN BEAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON EACH SONG. Hopefully dubstep will go the same way.

I do hope that trance stays around. Already I have dumb 19 year olds telling me I'm "stuck in the past" because I like trance. Sorry, but I can't help but smile and break my neck trying to do some capoeria (or a bad imitation there of) when I hear this:

Turn it On-Alex Morph,Woody van Eyden & Michelle Citrin - YouTube

Old 03-13-2013, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubJuni View Post
It's prolly age since music is emotional, with bits of everything you grew up with (comics, video game music, anime, school shootings, murders on tv, hormonal love[lust] etc) plus my gen hangout in online clubs with real djs etc.

some dub i'm listenin to now with friends in an online club with about 300 people.

most of these have been voted on by at least a third of them (300 people) in the positive and some have gotten love votes with no meh votes.

Chris Lake & Lazy Rich - Stand Alone

Chris Lake & Lazy Rich - Stand Alone - YouTube

Flight Facilities - "Crave You (Adventure Club Remix)" | LYRICS!

Flight Facilities - "Crave You (Adventure Club Remix)" | LYRICS! - YouTube

i'll put more in that's a variety thats been played by 50 + other DJs.

Cryptex - Slay it

Cryptex - Slay It - YouTube

I think the last too may pass as dubstep today, while the first one would be said to be "not filthy enough"

I think this whole dubstep thing is people wanting "noisy" as in sampled music, while not having the darkness of industrial.

Want dark? Want "filthy"? This hispter crap isn't it. For that, we have to take it back to the early 90s...and the stuff, while dark and noisy, still had something dubstep lacks, i.e, A BEAT YOU CAN DANCE TO!

wumpscut - war - YouTube

Skinny Puppy - Dig It [Official Music Video] - YouTube

And then there was this blasphemous classic...how the hell can you not want to dance when you hear this?

kooler than jesus - YouTube

Kids today...now the beat has been replaced with "WAAAAWWWWWWWW! BAAAAWWW! DUNG, DUNG, DUNG, DUNG!"

Old 03-13-2013, 03:14 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,742,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I can't stand it. Unfortunately, I occaisionally hear it for 30 minutes to an hour when I visit a friend, and unfortunately he has a powerful stereo.

I'm not young anymore, but I know for a fact that I would have recognized it for the sh*t that it is if it had been around when I was young.
haha yes, exactly.

I am 41. My kids are 20, 15, and 10.

The older two generally share music with me and vice versa (the 10 year old listens to whatever we put on her MP3 player and once her radio broke, and the Disney Radio was no more, it's been great). We have very similar tastes and when their tastes vary greatly from mine, it's still stuff I can respect and understand why they like it, even if I don't love it myself.

That is, until the 15 year old started liking dubstep. Or claiming to like it since he really doesn't listen to it that much. I think he is just trying to tick me off.

My older son used to jokingly tell me that I'd given him nothing to rebel against because I wasn't like most of his friends' parents and we liked a lot of the same stuff musically and I've been a fairly laid back sort of mom. Maybe this is my 15 year old's struggle to find some way to rebel?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:48 AM

Default [Dubstep] : Tut Tut Child - Hummingbird (feat. Augustus Ghost) [Monstercat

cracking up! rofl...

pass today? i only played what were're listening to in the now... in fact what was being played yesterday as in monday! rofl...

a club in the real accepts people under 21? cracking up... okkk sureeee... i thought we were talking about YOUNG people...teens! my gen--cracking up

and friends mean people who are cyber? not flesh and blood? yeeep you're old. i was talkin about schoolmates in real life... rofl

no way would i have bothered makin a screen-name answering a hater. I thought you were seriously wanting to know --- crackin up.

what i posted we kids consider dub right now... at least we did yesterday--crackin up. (teens dude)

I'm done--school break is not forever...its been enlightening.

[Dubstep] : Tut Tut Child - Hummingbird (feat. Augustus Ghost) [Monstercat]

[Dubstep] - Tut Tut Child - Hummingbird (feat. Augustus Ghost) [Monstercat Release] - YouTube

Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk
I was thinking the same thing. An online club? What the hell happened to REAL CLUBS with REAL PEOPLE dancing FOR REAL to...I have to say it, REAL MUSIC?!
Yeah, I'm accustomed to dancing & socializing in the flesh...lol.
I guess if that other poster here is still in HS or under 18, then online clubs are probably the safe way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I think the last too may pass as dubstep today, while the first one would be said to be "not filthy enough"

I think this whole dubstep thing is people wanting "noisy" as in sampled music, while not having the darkness of industrial.

Want dark? Want "filthy"? This hispter crap isn't it. For that, we have to take it back to the early 90s...and the stuff, while dark and noisy, still had something dubstep lacks, i.e, A BEAT YOU CAN DANCE TO!
If I want dark & dirty, I just listen to jungle. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music