Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 08:20 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,302,824 times

Advertisements

Saturday Evening Motif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-TFYPXPQjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erg4DPUMyIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbN_aB8OIv8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 08:46 PM

3,513 posts, read 3,716,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKVictory View Post
OMG I didn't see her in this! How did I miss it??? She's one of Monstercat's best singers, 16 years old.
The original was part of a remix contest. I like the vocal arrangement on the original and subsequent remixes, but the instrumental parts of all of them weren't where I thought they needed to be. I found that cover by Aloma during that search. I sifted through 10+ remixes or so, and felt that the Aloma cover was the one that kept most to what the vocals were intending to do. Since it was a cover and not a remix, the instrumental wasn't distracting on that one.

This is the original with singer Cozi Zuehlsdorff:

Hellberg (ft. Cozi Zuehlsdorff) - "The Girl"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtveSk1N7Uo

Quote:
I love her in this pretty recent release...

[Trance] - Trivecta - Evaporate (feat. Aloma Steele) [Monstercat Release]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eXGv_wa7DE
^^ Nice find.

Quote:
I never generally come in this forum because of the hate / rudeness / lack of respect for EDM etc. music or music in general. (meaning if you hate a genre you stay out of that thread out of respect for music in general / for the sake of the forum's overall vibe to the public.) I'm glad I took a chance and saw this.
I knew when I started posting electronic music that there would be hate. No reason not to visit the forum, though. Just part of posting on the Internetz.

Quote:
Pet-peeve of mine is music pulled by youtube so a post is left with no name or title. I notice so much of that in threads here (would have looked up the artist if the poster had bothered listing a name) that I gave up going past a couple pages if any in the threads. Too irritating really constantly facing huge blank grey squares.
I try to find official stuff not only because I think it's better to do so, but because I take link rot into consideration. Sometimes the metadata is there, sometimes it isn't. Posting titles, while I've done it and still do sometimes, is cumbersome after awhile.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:39 PM

73 posts, read 409,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
The original was part of a remix contest. I like the vocal arrangement on the original and subsequent remixes, but the instrumental parts of all of them weren't where I thought they needed to be. I found that cover by Aloma during that search. I sifted through 10+ remixes or so, and felt that the Aloma cover was the one that kept most to what the vocals were intending to do. Since it was a cover and not a remix, the instrumental wasn't distracting on that one.

This is the original with singer Cozi Zuehlsdorff:

Hellberg (ft. Cozi Zuehlsdorff) - "The Girl"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtveSk1N7Uo
Ah that explains it! I appreciate the effort you took to locate that which met your standards and not settle for an easy solve. It really comes through whether or not a song has "life" from the giver or remains sterile, meaning the effort can be felt in intangible ways, especially if the song is meaningful to the viewer / reader / receiver.

Quote:
I knew when I started posting electronic music that there would be hate. No reason not to visit the forum, though. Just part of posting on the Internetz.
Then you are way more tolerant / patient than myself as well as acclimatized maybe to the forum's overall vibe regarding "taste". I prefer to spend free time in a relaxing / inspirational / creative fashion since real life has enough stress driven stimulation to suffice. I can take a meh from a lover of the genre rather than tolerate one who complains fruitlessly about a genre they have no attraction to. Time is too precious to waste it with those who waste time. lol. I just move on.

I appreciate you taking the time to express your view though.

Quote:
I try to find official stuff not only because I think it's better to do so, but because I take link rot into consideration. Sometimes the metadata is there, sometimes it isn't. Posting titles, while I've done it and still do sometimes, is cumbersome after awhile.
Hmmm... you do not mind never being able to re-capture what you played that day? A piece of you does not feel erased or time wasted in that moment because of another party's decision? (meaning youtube) I sometimes wish I could accept casualness about what I do, meaning not feeling that youtube has taken power over my decision to act. Maybe its my own private war with changing policies LOL.

Either way I sit here wishing I had more time to further converse but don't... Thank you for sharing your views.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Then you are way more tolerant / patient than myself as well as acclimatized maybe to the forum's overall vibe regarding "taste". I prefer to spend free time in a relaxing / inspirational / creative fashion since real life has enough stress driven stimulation to suffice. I can take a meh from a lover of the genre rather than tolerate one who complains fruitlessly about a genre they have no attraction to. Time is too precious to waste it with those who waste time. lol. I just move on.
City-Data is primarily a relocation site, as well as being a general site, so that's part of it. Unfortunately, there isn't much else out there as far as forums go for EDM. Even with other electronic forums, those forums aren't active enough for me. Music is basically the only hobby that I don't get sick of. Sure, I could keep my finds to myself, but that goes back to that artistic notion of, "What's the point of creating art if no one sees it/shares it?" But I get what you're saying -- don't I have better things to do than post on City-Data?" Probably .

Quote:
Hmmm... you do not mind never being able to re-capture what you played that day? A piece of you does not feel erased or time wasted in that moment because of another party's decision? (meaning youtube) I sometimes wish I could accept casualness about what I do, meaning not feeling that youtube has taken power over my decision to act. Maybe its my own private war with changing policies LOL.
When I started noticing how quickly they get deleted, I began tracking down the official releases and learning how to better find the labels and all of that. It's just better to do as a practice. Even then, it could still get deleted simply because the artist decided to delete it, or set it to private, for whatever reason. Because of this I started keeping a master list so I wouldn't forget a song. Take Monstercat, for example. If two channels have the same song, I'm going to choose the Monstercat one because it's more likely to be there in x amount of time (years), even if I felt another background/video added more to the piece in an artistic way. It's about the music anyway.

Quote:
Either way I sit here wishing I had more time to further converse but don't... Thank you for sharing your views.
Making better use of your time than me.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:43 AM

13,571 posts, read 9,982,990 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjaq...yer_detailpage

Old 06-21-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
City-Data is primarily a relocation site, as well as being a general site, so that's part of it. Unfortunately, there isn't much else out there as far as forums go for EDM. Even with other electronic forums, those forums aren't active enough for me. Music is basically the only hobby that I don't get sick of. Sure, I could keep my finds to myself, but that goes back to that artistic notion of, "What's the point of creating art if no one sees it/shares it?"
Hmm... did you try forums for DJs especially those interested in internet radio Djaying? I'll be honest, usually active sites are not easily found, someone has to turn you on to it as a means to appeal only to the serious lover. Don't look for electronic forums, look for Dj forums instead or production, mastering, production resources forums.

Serious lovers of the genre are kinda hesistant giving out websites; do you mind me going through your
posting history before sharing at least one very active site with you privately? The one I have in mind is VERY active - production, djaying, sound sessions, internet radio Djaying etc. also every genre of electronic represented but isn't easily found googling on purpose. Someone generally has to turn you on to the site[s]. That's why you're having a hard time finding them. Give me a couple days to study what you're into (musically) through your posting history.

Talul - Like an angel ( Sasch rmx )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJD3IBDH2E

I would add if you aren't getting positive / constructive feedback while you're creating art / choosing that genre to stimulate energy then it's honestly a waste of time at that site. Immersing yourself into the scene even as a fan / listener give incredible benefit to working artists / producers.

Emalkay - When I Look At You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mwL6R-Z1e4

Quote:
But I get what you're saying -- don't I have better things to do than post on City-Data?" Probably .
grimace, naa man I'm saying why not expand for the sake of your personal happiness unless your real life is relatively stress free and you come for the excitement negativity stimulates? Students / young professionals have very little time so use free time in a different manner is all.

Lank - Bounce Back (16 Bit Lolitas Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOUIa8KUry0

If you have time, make a character at https://plug.dj/ and get some levels on you. Just visit community rooms / clubs you're interested in. Click on the up arrow (next to chat) showing history of music played and go through the last 3 hours or so depending on the community. Or just sit in a club with the music down... if we were meeting in a community room that would be different than a forum so i hope I'm not comming too hands off.

By the way, do this site play soundcloud tracks? Or zippyshare ? Enjoyed our chat.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:42 AM

13,571 posts, read 9,982,990 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfIc...yer_detailpage

Old 06-21-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Hmm... did you try forums for DJs especially those interested in internet radio Djaying? I'll be honest, usually active sites are not easily found, someone has to turn you on to it as a means to appeal only to the serious lover. Don't look for electronic forums, look for Dj forums instead or production, mastering, production resources forums.
I'm not a producer or DJ, though. There was one that was DJ-based, but most of the posts were about technics instead of discussing the finished work. I'll be honest and say that, while I like discussing technics, too much of it, or having a lot of DJs asking questions about how to make music...cool, definitely, but as an end user, that might wear thin after a bit.

Quote:
I would add if you aren't getting positive / constructive feedback while you're creating art / choosing that genre to stimulate energy then it's honestly a waste of time at that site. Immersing yourself into the scene even as a fan / listener give incredible benefit to working artists / producers.
I'm confident in my taste, so other people's opinions of my taste have no effect on my self-esteem. That's not to say that it's not disappointing. With that said, it's always nice when you do get a positive response. There has been positive feedback on City-Data as well, just to be clear (C-D has a reputation system that works for that if someone doesn't feel like posting publicly). Certainly, I, and others who post electronic music here, are appreciative of that. The bottom line is that I post music that I believe in; that I believe is good music. Let the chips fall where they may.

Emalkay - When I Look At You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mwL6R-Z1e4

^^ That's a good one which I think is in the dubstep thread that's on here.

Quote:
grimace, naa man I'm saying why not expand for the sake of your personal happiness unless your real life is relatively stress free and you come for the excitement negativity stimulates? Students / young professionals have very little time so use free time in a different manner is all.
That's kind of to my point. Most of my time is spent searching (functioning as research). There's another general music site I visit that uses plug.dj, although I just don't have that kind of time to make sure I'm live in a chat room or whatever. I have a system that's worked well for me: YouTube searches, Pandora, etc. Quite well, actually. Essentially, after hours and/or weeks of searching, I post a good find, which takes the least amount of time to do in the entire process -- copy/paste url of video, as it were. But sure, drop me a PM with suggestions if you can. In fact, I sent a recommendation to a leading provider of legit electronic-music downloads, suggesting that they set up a forum. They have a forum but they use for site feedback, not general discussion.

Quote:
By the way, do this site play soundcloud tracks? Or zippyshare ? Enjoyed our chat.
C-D used to have Soundcloud embedding, but they don't anymore. You'd have to post a direct url.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:07 PM

Free-R, I hear what you're saying both directly and indirectly. As to https://plug.dj/ people use it while studying etc. much like you would use Pandora or a regular radio station. (Being live in chat is only necessary if you're Djaying) otherwise a person never need have a conversation with any other soul, just basically using it as an alternative resource while researching elsewwhere what gives you pleasure. As to self-confidence well my point basically centered around communal pleasure / fun / support / inspiration / creativity / stress-free. Different strokes for different folks you know?

Tolerating haters in a thread suited for video posting (not discussion) is disrespectful to both thread and most importantly to that forum in general. It gives off a negative / immature/ trashy vibe felt / read by people who are not members nor involved in the personal dynamics. Basically I'm referring to values, respect for the forum itself which isn't personal. Indiscriminate hating brings down the vibe of any forum. It's repellant, uninviting and doesn't inspire non-members to spend free time following it.

Doozie - Relax Your Soul
https://pro.beatport.com/track/relax...al-mix/6723536

Jane Badler - Return to Passion (Tom Stephan Radio Edit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPS_KnFdHNQ

I appreciate you stating your views clearly. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2015, 02:09 PM

52,622 posts, read 47,825,177 times
^^^ Fellas, please take it to the Chat thread. That's what it's for. Thanks.

Gimme Dat Ding - Pipkins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aZ-Y5YvkxY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music