Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 08:53 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times

Advertisements

What were your thoughts on the the MTV VMAs? I reluctantly watched it and thought it was one of the worst collections of live shows I've ever seen. I was not particularly surprised to see Miley Cyrus substitute vulgarity for talent but it's a shame to see people stoop to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Her father needs to intervene and stop her. This goes beyond music. I was not a fan of his "country" music, but all that aside he needs to do something. Where is the mother? Who is the mother? I am calling for a Nationwide intervention.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
she is disgusting. her behavior was horrid. totally un necessary.
I even hate with a passion looking at her red lipstick with her open mouth all the time. i feel like smacking it.
She is not a sexy girl / woman, she is butt azz ugly.

did anyone else feel like ripping her tongue out of her mouth as much as i did??

Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
did anyone else feel like ripping her tongue out of her mouth as much as i did??
I would guess that her father did. She tried to simply be as vulgar as possible and she didn't even do that well.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
What were your thoughts on the the MTV VMAs? I reluctantly watched it and thought it was one of the worst collections of live shows I've ever seen. I was not particularly surprised to see Miley Cyrus substitute vulgarity for talent but it's a shame to see people stoop to that.
Just saw the vid of her performance followed by the Robin Thick duet.

Regardless of her trying to be sexual... which I didn't find sexy at all, just obnoxious, (although maybe guys thought she was hot... ) she just doesn't seem very talented as a performer in my opinion. She looked all "floppy" when she was dancing around. Really awkward.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Just saw the vid of her performance followed by the Robin Thick duet.

Regardless of her trying to be sexual... which I didn't find sexy at all, just obnoxious, (although maybe guys thought she was hot... ) she just doesn't seem very talented as a performer in my opinion. She looked all "floppy" when she was dancing around. Really awkward.
I'm a guy and didn't think it was hot all - obnoxious is a good word. I agree, she didn't seem very talented at all. It was hard to watch.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I'm a guy and didn't think it was hot all - obnoxious is a good word. I agree, she didn't seem very talented at all. It was hard to watch.

SAME HERE.

it wasnt sexy.
She is not sexy at all. Miley does not have one spec of sexiness in her.

To be sexy, you also have to be a lady.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
SAME HERE.

it wasnt sexy.
She is not sexy at all. Miley does not have one spec of sexiness in her.

To be sexy, you also have to be a lady.
That's well said. I agree.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:54 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,381 times
I didn't watch the show, I stopped watching that channel years ago. However all of the hoopla on my facebook feed prompted me to watch the Miley Cyrus part. All I can say is what the hell? She seemed to be trying way too hard to be sexy or shocking and instead just ended up looking extremely awkward.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:58 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
She looked like she was trying way too hard and the whole thing just ended up looking wrong and off. Couldn't she think of a better costume for her back up dancers? I didn't get the whole teddy bear appeal. And the foam finger? Were there no better props? And the tongue thing just made her look special- the kind of special where you just want to give her a helmet and some crayons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music